“Absolutely amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$3,200.00*
and up
Galapagos Luxury Cruise: 5-Day Tour Aboard the 'Odyssey'
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Genovesa
More attraction details
Owner description: Teeming with wildlife, this scenic bay is named for Charles Darwin, the famous scientist and naturalist who created the Origin of Species theory.
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our first island stop after San Cristobel and I wasn't expecting to be blown away like I was. I'm not a 'birdy' person, but the amount and variety of the birds on this island is incredible. Red footed boobies, nazca boobies, frigate birds with their amazing red pouches, short-eared owls, etc, etc. It ended up being my favourite island of all (we did Itinerary B ecoventura cruise). We were there beginning of October and there was only 1 other boat anchored in the bay. We spent time snorkelling around the edge of the caldera and this was one of the better snorkelling sites of the trip. Fabulous!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank lrb88888888

• Finnish first
New York City, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Mindblowing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was continually blown away by the extraordinary natural beauty we encountered in the Galapagos Islands. By the last day of the trip I was thinking I had seen the bulk of what Galapagos had to offer and I was not necessarily expecting to be wowed. Genovesa Island was the best of all the islands we went to (even better than Espanola). It is called 'bird island' for a reason. Many of the most beautiful birds in the Galapagos Islands reside on this island and in large numbers. There were frigate birds, red footed boobies, nazca boobies and swallow tail gulls everywhere. Later on at another landing site on Genovesa (Prince Phillip's steps) we saw short-eared owls, and large numbers of frigate birds, red footed boobies, nazca boobies, and storm petrels. We were fortunate to visit this island as many boats cannot go here because the caldera of the island is too small for large boats. If you get a chance to request your itinerary (which you mostly don't) make sure Genovesa is on the list.

Visited April 2012