other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Kitchen area
Dining area
Dining and Kitchen
Another view of kitchen and dining room
Living Room
Living room
Bedroom
Fireplace in master bedroom
Guest Bedroom
Master Bath , now has custom curtains
Community building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Geraldoan...
Amarillo, Texas
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

The Good:
The views are indeed beautiful. The air and weather are wonderful. The condo was spacious, clean and comfortable.

The Bad:
"Internet Access" is misleading. We had to pay $35 for internet service. Took 3 days and much aggravation to set it up and get it working. It went out several times after that. Hope you are somewhat tech savvy.

The washer and dryer are not in the condo. They are shared units at the back of the condo, requiring a walk around the building to access. There is no hot water for the washer, but we were able to wash when necessary. Lock the door to the laundry when you are using it.

We ran out of propane. Discovered by taking a cold shower. Had to pay for more propane. Took a few hours to get that resolved. Hope you speak at least some Spanish. The hot/cold mixture is hard to control. Careful, the hot will definitely scald you!

The condo is at least 1 mile from town. The road is paved by river rock and is very rough. Wear good hiking shoes and be careful not to twist your ankle. Getting a taxi from town back to the condo is easy. Getting a taxi to come to your condo is slightly more challenging. Again, a little Spanish goes a long way. I speak some Spanish and we also used a language translator app for groceries, cleaning products, etc. If you don't know any Spanish and are not adaptive, you are in for some frustration. When returning to the condo, make sure you know how to open the gate from the outside.

There is a television with a built-in DVD player and a collection of about 20-30 dvd's. The sound from the tv is not very good. I connected a Jawbone Jambox - huge improvement. No television service, which did not bother us, but you should know.

You cannot drink the tap water, so washing food with bleach water is one suggestion. We boiled water and stored it in jugs for food washing purposes.

I had to take a jumble of keys from the cleaning lady and have copies made at my expense so I would have keys to the unit. Hello?

The Ugly:

Stray dogs everywhere. Howling and barking, often all night long. I could get used to the barking, but there was one dog, I never could see it, that howled like it was injured almost every day, for hours at time. Somewhere in the trees behind the condo. Stressful - as a dog lover, it was very difficult to take.

Sewer smell. Became intolerable. After we poured water down the floor drains in the bathrooms it improved.

Small, black, biting flies. Be careful walking in the grass. I made the mistake of wearing shorts and sandals and got a bunch of bites that swelled up and itched terribly for several days. Much like fire ants.

One night we heard 3 very loud gunshots right outside the condo. That will get your attention! The night watchman fired warning shots at someone trying to climb over the fence. Right after firing the shots, he told me "no problemo, muy tranquilo". That made me laugh. If that wouldn't make you laugh, you may not be cut out for this! Thievery is apparently a big problem. Take precautions.

If you have never traveled to a developing country, you are in for a bit of culture shock. I would not recommend this vacation rental to a friend who did not speak at least some Spanish, and has not traveled outside the U.S. to less developed areas.

Having said that, if you do have some experience, are adaptive and adventuresome, you can have a memorable trip here. I am going to check the button that I would recommend this vacation rental to a friend with the above caveat in mind.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Mar 3, 2014
Hi Gerald, I am sorry you had so many issues. I have a new manager that speaks English and will be able to communicate with clients that don't speak any Spanish. Also related to the Internet, that will be on continuous , so hopefully that will solve that issue. Really nothing I can do about dogs outside of development or the biting flys. Related to the gunshots , our guards are extremely safe conscious and if they hear something out of ordinary they will fire a gun shot in up in the air.

You are right it is beautiful here, and the views are great, the people are sweet and kind. The cost of living is about 25% of the cost in the USA if you can adjust to not having everything perfect. But if relocating keep in mine it is very different than living in the USA. If your just vacationing here, it is a wonderful experience.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing