“Great food, lovely service.”

Restaurant - Hosteria San Isidro
Ranked #21 of 42 Restaurants in Cotacachi
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, International
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was there with a tour group for a prearranged luncheon so it wasn't necessarily what I would have experienced as a regular dining experience.

I was very impressed with the food and the service we got. I know from talking to people and hearing about it at the restaurant that they grow a great deal of their food organically and they produce their own dairy products and much of their own meat. They have great quality control!

It's a little ways out of town and a taxi is necessary to get there but it's an inexpensive ride and well worth it.

Even though I didn't eat from the menu, I know the prices are a bit higher here than at almost any other restaurant in town but I've also been told it's well worth the extra cost. I'll update this review when I've had a chance to go there on a "regular" visit.

1  Thank Cynthia C

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Although somewhat difficult to reach because of the rocky road up Mount Cotacachi, the destination is worth the trip. You will be dining in a 300 year old hacienda, with many antiques. You feel that you have been welcomed to a friends home - because that is the case. Although we were only 2 couples for dinner on a Sunday evening, the entire menu was available, and each selection was excellent ... soup, salad, shrimp entree, and steak. Deserts were tops. Well worth the trip for the food, atmosphere, views, and friendship.

2  Thank Jack M
Reviewed May 8, 2012

As often as we can, we try to spend our Sunday afternoons at Hosteria San Iisidro. Their prix fixe menu is always creative and delicious -- but you can order from the menu, too. And the Jara family, the owners of this centuries-old hacienda are as warm as the cognac served after a wonderfully satisfying meal. The sala, with its antique furniture, is an excellent place to while away the hours in conversation with friends. Or grab a guitar and break out a song if you're of a mind -- this Old World hacienda may be the most comfortable place around to spend a weekend or longer....fantastic.

1  Thank Ruffwriter