“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
La Cuadra Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Cotacachi B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in Cotacachi on March and it was my third stay at La Cuadra (I stayed there in February and November 2011). For me, staying at La Cuadra was almost like coming back home ! Jairo is so nice and helpful and you always feel very welcome. He was kind enough to wake us up at 3 in the morning as we had to fly back from Quito.
The rooms are always very clean and the hostal is very well located, next to the main plaza and all the restaurants and shops.
Will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Cotacachi !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We loved our time here. We thought having to share a bathroom would be a pain but it is only 2 rooms to one bathroom, with plenty of other bathrooms. We met some excellent people and the owners are unbelievable. They are kind and extremely helpful. This is one place I will come back to without blinking an eye. Wish my house was this clean! It is only 142 steps to center square and less than that for the bus stop.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Utopianvoyagers
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Jairo, the manager, at La Cuandra was very helpful to us when the worst happened to us. My Spouse became very ill. After 12 hrs I was becoming quite concerned and asked Jairo if he knew of a doctor that we could see. Jairo said, 'I will take you to the hospital'. He did not flinch when I asked if my Spouse got worse in the night if I could wake him. He said, definitely. So at 3:30 am the next morning when I awakened Jairo he did not hesitate to take us to the hospital. In addition, he stayed with us at the hospital until we knew that my spouse would be admitted. Although my spouse is fluent in Spanish he is hard of hearing and does not always understand the local dialect. Jairo graciously interpreted for us. Getting this sick in a remote area of a foreign country is your worse nightmare. Jairo made all the difference for us. This kind of support in a foreign country was outstanding and very much appreciated. Doubtful it would be available just anywhere.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have private baths, however, they are only a short distance from each room. Kitch...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

La Cuadra is a jewel. We spent a week there in February 2013. Jairo, the owner, speaks English and is extremely helpful. He arranged for a driver (Ivan) to meet up at 11 p.m. when our plane landed in Quito. He also gave us good directions for taking buses, arranged for a horse-back riding excursion, arranged for a driver to take us to Chachimbiro Hot Springs, and helped us practice our Spanish.

The first night I was placed in a front room and found the street noise to be too much (I am a very light sleeper) so Jairo moved me a back room on the 3rd floor and I slept great after that. The beds are firm and extremely comfortable. I was initially wary of having to share a bathroom but it worked out fine. It was slightly inconvenient to schlep all my stuff to the bathroom each morning but I got used to it. The shower had great water pressure and the water was nice and hot.

We used the communal kitchen and enjoyed meeting the other guests around the large dining table or in the lobby. Within a few days everyone felt like family.

Everything was spotless and the two women who keep it that way were delightful. Sheets are changed every two days and towels replaced daily.

The location is great--just off the main square. The doors are locked at night (made me feel safe) but you can ring the bell and someone will let you in. The view from roof is amazing.

We really enjoyed our stay at La Cuadra

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the 3rd floor in the back (#5 and #9 with a double bed, #10 with twin beds)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank foodielovetotravel
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Cotacachi, Ecuador where \we had a very enjoyable stay at the LaCuadra Hostal. Jairo Gomez (General Manager), speaks speaks English and Spanish was very friendly as was his staff. The premises were spotless. Our room was nice with the basic necessities. Beds were firm and sleeping was no problem. We opted for a private bath, but there are rooms available with a communal bath. The internet was suitable, however, when many people wanted to use it it slowed down a bit. This was around the end of the day when everyone got back from shopping, etc. and wanted to check emails, etc. In an hour or so, things cleared up and the internet was fine. The second floor had a large dining room, TV viewing area where cable tv was available as well as DVD both in Spanish and English. Plenty of places to sit and two [2] large dining room tables. It was nothing to see a couple of families all gathered around the dining room tables chatting, having a glass of wine or drink; and, even eating their meals. Everyone just worked together. There was a large shared kitchen where dishes, silverware, glasses, pots and pans etc. were furnished. Everyone shared the refrigerator. The people we met that were passing through or just spending time in Cotacachaci were pleasant and all in all LaCuadra was a restful, peaceful, safe and friendly place to stay. Jairo took the time to help us in search of some items in Cotacachi and even offered to take us to the store in his vehicle. He was very helpful. I would highly recommend LaCuadra to anyone visiting Cotacachi. The prices were very reasonable as well. Roger and Jody Rosenthal

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Roger R
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I are moving to Ecuador and from all the good reviews about this one we decided to stay here till our house is build. Amazing is the way to describe the service here. Jairo (owner) is the best person to help you out and goes above and beyond the requirements to make sure you have what you need. You could waste your money at some designer place with terrible service but why do that when you can have the best service for a reasonable price. The hostel does not feel like a hostel but more like when you stay at a family or very close friends house. Jairo treats everyone the same, like family. The hostel is adding 18 more rooms, a jacuzzi, and a resturante. With Jario in charge it will just as amazing or (if it can be) better. Need I say more the hostel is the way to go, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JubJubBird_11
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Spent two weeks in January 2013. Room was immaculate, good price, and the owner, Jairo was a great host. He speaks English, works hard for you and makes every effort to make your stay comfortable. He helped us with reservations and recommendations. The front of the hostal has street noise but it is bearable. Jairo is building an addition in back which will solve the problem and every room will have a private bath. We recommend this stay in Cotacachi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business