“Exceptional, Personal Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Cotacachi B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Exceptional, Personal Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I could not be more pleased with my experience at La Cuadra. Jairo Gomez is a gifted hospitality expert and does not hesitate to go out of his way to make you comfortable. I took advantage of the monthly rate and would recommend La Cuadra to anyone. Currently in the process of adding 18 new rooms with private baths, Jairo will add a restaurant and gardens in the near future. You can be certain it will be an added bonus to La Cuadra.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are at the rear if, like me, you are a light sleeper. But don't worry. Just tel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I spent over a week at La Cuadra Hostal and words can't express how much we enjoyed our stay there. Jairo went above and beyond to make our stay there the wonderful experiance it was and we will be comming back again. The hostal was very clean and the staff were very nice. The location is easy walking distance to resturants, stores and the town square which was delightful to sit in and just watch the world go by. My only regret is not being able to stay longer! Hoping to see you soon Jairo.

Room Tip: #7 3rd floor has a private bathroom,but it's on the street side so there can be a little noise a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kraab6
Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We (my two daughters, their husbands, and I) spent two very enjoyable nights at La Cuadra in Cotacachi. It was immaculately clean and the staff was incredibly helpful. We had access to a full kitchen--very convenient. They parked our car securely each night. The location was ideal—just a few steps from the central plaza & bus stop. Jairo, the manager, deserves a medal for help above and beyond duty. Our checked luggage did not make it to Quito. Jairo waited up until 3:30 am with my son-in-law for the delivery which never came. The following day, he made numerous phone calls to the airline baggage service rep and finally made arrangements for us to pick it up in Quito on our way to our next stop (Baeza). My younger daughter & her husband was in a room with a bath that fronted on the main street. We were concerned that it might be too noisy, but they were delighted when they were awoken just before dawn by a crowing rooster and a wonderful religious festival/parade (candles, balloons, singing, etc.). By the time the rest of us were up, the street was perfectly clean as if it had never happened. She said that it was the highlight of their Ecuador trip.

Room Tip: There were two flights of stairs to our rooms--not a problem for the younger ones. I'm 75 and w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lorna G
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

My mother and I recently traveled to Cotacachi for the first time, and Jairo was there to make getting to know the community a success. As this was a research trip for a retirement location for my mother, we needed to see the true local interaction, not just the tourist experience. What can I say, Jairo made it happen! As for our stay at La Cuadra, we were there about 5 days and I was so thankful for firmer beds as I could finally sleep well. I found that everything I needed was there, and that the location couldn't have been in better proximity to places to eat. One thing you should be aware of, is that most places in Ecuador DO NOT have elevators. This was the same at this location, but should be noted if you are traveling with someone with reduced mobility.

See you again soon Jairo!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the building are quieter, as the hostel is located on the main street into Cota...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aurora K
fort worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for 10 days in late May.
The hotel is kept very clean on a daily basis, which for me is a big plus.
I was pleased to have access to an extremely well equipped kitchen, dining area and lounge with TV and wi fi on the second floor
The view from the terrace is amazing a must see.
We were very happy to have found La Cuadra and Jairo.
He makes you feel like a part of his family, he went out of his way to make our stay a very pleasant one. Also the fact that he speaks fluent English makes for good communication.
Always has a welcoming smile,Jairo we look forward to seeing you again soon.
I would most definitely recommend staying at La Cuadra, were you get incredible value for your money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lara s
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

May was second trip to this hotel and I will be back again soon. Jario and his staff is very helpful and friendly. I have gotten service beyond my expectation. For a small place, so people may think you get bad service. But I have stayed in 5 star establishments and I get better service at La Cuadra. Jario makes you feel at home like your are part of the family. I say think you again

Peggy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PeggyWilliams
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

My mother and my other half and I stayed for 5 days in January. It was a little cool at but nice. were from the Bahmas so we consider 65 degrees to be cold. we enjoyed he friend service and out rooms very much. it was resonablly price and very clean. we will be back soon Jairo

Room Tip: rooms on south side
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotacachi
La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Cotacachi
Hosteria Oro Azul
Hosteria Oro Azul
#3 of 10 in Cotacachi

Been to La Cuadra Hostal? Share your experiences!