“Kiwi discovering Dili”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Dili
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
“Kiwi discovering Dili”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Love the free airport shuttle van (and the towel/water in van); free water in room. Internet wifi and ADSL avail - good service/connection. Close to restaurants, supermarket and main coast road.

Room: comfortable and relaxing. Has all one can require including a room safe. Plenty of space!

Front service desk was always generous with time and helpful.

Food: breakfast was fabulous; the on deck cook to make you tailored omelets was great. Good selection of food. Good coffee. free canapes with two complimentary drinks (wine, soft drink, beer).

Overall, made for a lovely stay in Timor-Leste!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ZeenatAwan, Guest Relations Coordinator at Discovery Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Shane B,

Thank you for reviewing your recent business stay at Discovery Inn. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dili.

Zeenat Awan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Discovery Inn many times over several years and have never been disappointed with the service, the staff or the rooms. Whilst these are all important in a hotel, it is the little things which are provided such as airport transfers, assistance with any missing personal needs, evening canapes, and smiling faces which set this hotel apart. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dili for business or pleasure.

1 Thank OverseasDave
ZeenatAwan, Guest Relations Coordinator at Discovery Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear OverseasDave,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent business stay with us at Discovery Inn.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests regarding their experiences, particularly if they are regular guests. Thank you for reviewing all the services that you have encountered when staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Discovery Inn the next time you visit Dili.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been staying at the Discovery Inn for a year now. It has become a home away from home because of the wonderful service Ryan and the team offer.

The upstairs deck area is a great place to hang out whether it is for the great buffet breakfast with the homemade pastries and a chef on standby to cook your eggs as you like, for after work drinks and snacks including vegetarian options on request, or to just hang out and read or surf the net in a peaceful environment.

Athough some of the rooms are a little small, they are clean and well serviced. I aways request one of the larger rooms when I book so I am not dissappointed.

The dinner options around the Discovery are not huge. Diya (downstairs) is a great occasional option (very nice but a little pricey) and the Turkish Kebab House is a good quick and tasty option a few minutes walk away. If you want to go further away from he hotel, the staff will organise a lovely local taxi driver who will drop and pick you up from your destintion till late in the evening.

Room Tip: Request one of the larger rooms (eg Room 105, large, very quiet but only a small window which means...
Dear Darrian27,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

We are so happy to hear that a loyal and regular guest continues to enjoy the services and accommodation that we offer.

We thank you for suggesting your favourite rooms as tips for other travellers.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you to Discovery Inn next time you find yourself in Dili.

Zeenat
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are clean and quiet and have all amenities you might need (big, comfortable beds, sattelite TV, a/c, good working showers). With extra touches like free transfers to and from the airport and free drinks at the bar for happy hour to make the stay that bit more special. Wifi worked well in the public areas. It's not situated along the water so doesn't offer nice views from the rooms or elsewhere. But this makes it feel more cozy. And while it's not an international corporate-type hotel people travelling to Dili probably wouldn't expect or want that anyway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Cyba,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us at Discovery Inn. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and services that we provide and that you particularly enjoyed the extra touches.

Yes, unfortunately we do not have a beach front lookout, however we find that the relaxing atmosphere of the mountains from the Deck is a perfect way to end a long Dili day.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Discovery Inn the next time you are in Dili.

Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at Discovery Inn for 5 days last week. It was my first visit to Timor and certainly won't be my last! The staff were absolutely wonderful! So very kind, sincere and generous. My room was very clean. The restaurant was exceptional! For someone who has multiple food intolerances, and always very cautious with food choices, I am very pleased to say I did not have any difficulties or issues, which is very rare for me in Australia! I was very well looked after from my arrival in Timor (the staff picked me up from the airport and took me back for my departure) til I left to go home. I cannot wait to plan my next holiday in Timor Leste and I will definitely be staying at the Discovery Inn again. The staff bent over backwards to make my stay a memorable one, as a single lady travelling alone in a new country, I always felt safe and very comfortable, and this is extremely important to me!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CeceliaC1975
ZeenatAwan, Guest Relations Coordinator at Discovery Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello CeciliaC1975,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Discovery Inn.

It pleases us tremendously that you enjoyed your time here with us and felt comfortable and safe. We also appreciate your feedback regarding options for those with food intolerances as we strive to be flexible with the various needs of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Dili.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've stayed at Discovery Inn twice now, and would recommend it. Staff are delightful, always keen to help and diligent about following things up. The rooms are great, and very clean. The open air deck where free happy hour drinks and snacks are available to guests is very relaxing. The food in the Diya restaurant is lovely. No hesitation about recommending the Discovery Inn.

1 Thank Barbara R
ZeenatAwan, Guest Relations Coordinator at Discovery Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Barbara R,

Thank you for reviewing your recent business trip stay at Discovery Inn. We are so pleased to have met all your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dili.

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have stayed at Discovery about 8 times, and I am always happy to go back

Friendly personnel that make you feel at home: those from housekeeping, management, room service, etc.

Fantastic restaurant, with good wines, good food and deserts...

There is a daily happy hour, no to be missed...

Room Tip: Rooms by the restaurant are bigger.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Beatriz G G,

Thank you very much for your review of your stays at Discovery Inn. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed time with us and that you particularly like the rooms close to Diya. We are also pleased to see that you patronise our daily Happy Hour. It really is a wonderful way to wind down a busy Dili day.

Looking forward to welcoming you next time.