“Oasis in Dili”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dili
The Gardens Residence
Ranked #2 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Dili
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my wife and 8 y/o. Wife was working and we just tagged along for first week. Great spot, kids enjoyed the pool and easy walk to the beach. Also not far to Dili plaza. Kitchen has been very well thought through and has all the basics you would need with no extraneous junk. Best place to stay in Dili if you are there for more than a few days.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed two years at the Gardens (room 8), what a better appreciation? What else to say? Fantastic memories. The Gardens is probably our only regret about leaving Timor. I only wish to thanks the very friendly Mss Amaco, Mr Americo and all the staff for the great services they have offered. I will cherish these memories.

My advise, stay in rooms 7, 8, 9 or 10 as they face the pool side and give a better sense of exclusivity.

PS, my hammock was feeling so well in the garden that I left it there for you to enjoy...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jet_Liotta
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Gardens residence for two months. This was not our first visit to Dili as we come regularly with work. This is far and away the best place we have stayed. Nothing is too much trouble for manager Macu and her well trained and friendly staff. Any reasonable request is cheerfully met. Having a private garden is a real bonus and the one bedroom unit is very clean, modern and neat. Everything works & if something breaks it is quickly fixed. This is not common in other places in our experience. The place is very private and neighbours respect one another's privacy. It is close to Timor Plaza (Dili's only modern mall & picture theatre) and the beach but is about 5km from the city centre. Taxi's are cheap, (around $3) but you might need to walk to the main road to get one. The roads are safe & we had no problem walking around them, either during the day or at night. I would recommend a car if possible. It even gets cleaned every evening for you. The pool & garden area is beautiful although the gym equipment is not the greatest. My wife who is in training for her first half marathon joined a gym elsewhere. Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GenevaAussie
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed between Jan - April 2013. We were recommended the Gardens Residence on account of its high standards and the relaxing location and we weren't disappointed. Many of the good things have already been covered by the earlier reviews but we can add a few more that made it stand out. By Dili standards it is not expensive especially when you include the free internet and the immediate attention to faults in the system. We mentioned we weren't getting a good reception at certain times -the next thing to happen was a new router installed in our apartment! We were also pleasantly surprised to receive discounts on our rent when we were out of the country and even a refund for the days of the month that we hadn't consumed when we left. I can't remember that ever happening with a landlord before. Other nice touches include having your car (and you will need one that can cope with the bumpy road from the beach if you live in the Gardens) washed every morning. The maid and laundry service was outstanding and one of the gardeners seemed to spend much of his time tending our garden. The only downside? you may need to book early as there may be a waiting list of people wanting to move from sub standard accommodation elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at the Gardens Residence for a little more than three months and absolutely loved the place. It is a cozy and homelike compound. The houses are so lovely surrounded by individual gardens that you don't feel the rush of otherwise urban environment. Inside it is always clean and well-maintained. The staff is amazing. Not only are they friendly and helpful. They are highly professional. It's a great place to live, to have parties, to relax and even to work, if you work from home.

I would definitely recommend The Gardens Residence for a small families, to say nothing of single persons.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I came to a short work in Timor-Leste after leaving Mozambique and I was really glad that I stayed at The Gardens Residence! It is a lovely place to stay in Dili… it is out of the busy area, near the beach, but close enough to cafes and restaurants (you can even go walking to some of them)… I went walking every morning in the beach – 200m away – and it gave such a pleasant experience of Dili (seeing the sea, the community, the fishermen in early hours…)
The residence was very nice, with great furniture, all utensils necessary for a comfortable stay. The outside private garden was a huge benefit to enjoy the warm weather of Dili… I also enjoyed the large windows which afforded great natural lighting even when I wanted to stay indoors with the AC on (as it is pretty hot this time of the year!). My colleagues from work who came to visit me at The Gardens were so impressed by the privacy which The Gardens gives to its residents and also commented that most accommodations lack a personality, which The Gardens have… Staff were simply great and did it all to make my stay comfortable… They even change the big mineral water gallons and bring my clothes washed and dry and put it in the closet (in the right place!).
Prices in Dili are quite high… It is expected from a post-conflict and island place where everything needs to be imported by sea… Before I stayed at The Gardens I went looking around, and found that The Gardens had a bit lower price than other quality accommodations and had the added advantage of its location and the private garden.
I would recommend this accommodation to anyone who would like to stay in a stress-free, comfortable, enjoyable accommodation while in Dili.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed in both the 1 and 2 bedroom apartments in the Gardens Residence and they were both very comfortable, clean, private and spacious - the small private garden with table and chairs was truly lovely. The staff was fantastic in accommodating our (we were a group of three) changing needs and stored our excess gear while we were out of Dili.

The only difficulty we had was getting a taxi to the apartments as many drivers did not know where it is, but this will come with time.
Thanks to all for your help!

Room Tip: Both 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are available with a fold out couch - the two rooms I stayed in were...