“high standard of cleanliness”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dili
Hotel California Dili
Ranked #5 of 24 Dili B&B and Inns
Sibiu, Romania
“high standard of cleanliness”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My partner and have recently returned from Dili. We wanted an accommodation a few kilometers away from Dili City Center, so we preferred staying with Hotel California. We did not look for any option as our driver directly took us California only. Check in was smooth and the same was check out two days later. Between these two days, our stay was very good but not the best. That was not even expected. The views form hotel room was magnificent, we thought noise would be a problem but luckily that was not the case. Hotel maintained a high standard of cleanliness. Our room had enough space for both of us. The bathroom was fairly bigger and set up all we could require. Food was average however we enjoyed some of them. Goo stay overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sally A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Spent 4 nights at Hotel California. It is one of the most lovely hotels in Dili. Good value, nice staff. You will like it there. Restaurant with beach views. Many others within walking distance, an Ideal location.

Room Tip: A bit away from downtown, so there are far far less traffic fumes here. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank HaresHallBunny
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have been to Dili many times, and I have stayed in most of the hotels. Generally speaking most hotels in Dili are starting to get a bit "tired" and so I thought I'd give Hotel California a shot.

The hotel accommodation is clean and fit for purpose.
Its a bit far out of town which makes getting a taxi a bit difficult, however the Hotel have transport and they ran me around town all day everyday without hesitation.

The hotel picked me up from the airport no charge
The car was "really" clean and the driver was slow and diligent in his driving manner.

The food is as good as anywhere, not the best restaurant in town, but definitely not the worst.
Chicken Curry was excellent.

To summarize.. Its not the best hotel in Dili (Because I don't think there is a best). But its not the worst, far from it. But it is Good, great bar overlooking the sea, nice and quiet, and generally comfortable.

I would definitely stay there again, and I would recommend it to my friends and colleagues too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Eastcoastparkway
Victoria
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The California Hotel is out of town towards the Jesus Statue, but in a lovely location opposite the long seaside path. We had a very comfortable suite at US$80. Upstairs was a pavilion restaurant/bar overlooking the sea where breakfast was served. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnneBenC
Hobart
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Hotel California (Yes, the Eagles tune did make me chose it!) and we are really glad we did. It is 4 km from the city centre($US1.50 by taxi), but there's nothing special about the middle of town at all. In fact, avoiding the centre of town is probably a good strategy if you can do so. The hotel will arrange transfers to and from the airport as well thus enhancing, rather than detracting from, the location. When we visited, there were several buildings along the shoreline being constructed that will be restaurants upon completion further making this a go-to location.

We stayed in a suite and, unless you are on your own, I would recommend doing the same. For only $US100/n one has three rooms; a lounge room, a bedroom, and a bathroom and that amount of space is a luxury to enjoy. The room rate also includes a laundry service, extremely helpful in the tropics.

The restaurant offers a good menu and has reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple