“Disappointment”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First time I went there I was very satisfied. The food was great and staff was very friendly. Few days ago, on valentine's day, I went again. I was very happy when we decided to go there.

Our problems started with reservations. Woman that deals whit reservations did not answer our e-mails unless we called, then she would apologized and answered my questions. Finally after two weeks of e-mails and calls we got to diner. We were offered three menus, specially designed for Valentine's. We decided to have one fish and one meed menu.
Appetizers were ok, but the main course was not. The menu sad that the fish is salmon and we didn't get salmon. It was some other fish and when we said that to staff they told as that it was salmon but prepared differently. I don't know how can you prepare salmon and remove his signature color and taste.
The desert was catastrophic. The panna cotta was very very bad prepared. It was still liquid and tasteless.
Two months ago I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, now I say to people, when they ask, not to go there.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I was actually enthusiastic about this place as the owner is a name in the region when it comes to good food. Unfortunately, it failed to meet minimum requirements. The venue is decently decorated, service is ok, but the food is not worth it. The prices are moderate.

First try - pasta with boskarin beef (pljukanci s boskarinom) - oiled up to beyond any description - a finger and a half of pumpkin oil was left in the bowl when I finished the meal (could not eat it all even if the portion was not big). Horrible.

2nd time I chose minced meat steak (pljeskavica), which was medium rare, red inside. The waiter said it was ok, supposed to be like that?

Maybe I should have tried pizza, but we will never know.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

First of all I have to say that the first time I ate here a couple months ago everything was spot on. Friendly staff, quick service and delicious food.
Today the experience was somewhat different. To not beat around the bush too much - I ordered the liver pate with caramelized onions as an appetizer. Believe me, I know a good pate when I get it. This was, to put it mildly, BAD. Not in the sense of of "not good", but SPOILED!! It was grey all around the outside, with a little bit of pink inside, it tasted awful and really SOUR and overall horrible! At first I thought it was me, but my mum tasted it and spit it out and she also said that it was definitely bad, rancid and that I should send it back. I never sent anything back in my life, but this was rotten. The waiter was pretty surprised and came back in a couple of minutes saying that they all tasted it and that they thought it was fine and that - wait for it - THAT'S JUST THE WAY THEY MAKE THE PATE. The pate didn't put me off so much as their unwillingness to admit that they had served rotten pate.
After that I had pasta with smoked salmon and cherry tomatoes (which I had had the first time as well) and that was ok, although not as good as the first time. The pasta was way undercooked and too firm and was a tangled sticky mess. But the sauce was delicious.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with today's visit and with their unwillingness to admit a mistake. Also, we waited quite a long while, even though there weren't so many people there. I don't think I will go there to eat again, there are so many better places to go.

1  Thank nixeee
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a short stop at Rijeka and this trattoria was on my way to the port. Staff is multi-lingual and very friendly: they spoke excellent english and yes, with true, warm smile! Food was tasty and fresh, and in my opinion, it wasn't that expensive (but hey, I come from Finland...), seafood risotto, side salad, glass of white wine and espresso were all together about 12 €.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was looking for a meal to eat and the lady from the hostel recommended this restaurant, the food was very good but even though the service was pretty slow because you needed to wait a long time for your food, but it was worth waiting. the surplus was that the staff spoke good english.
But i recieved my bill, which was 25 euros for 2 courses (main and dessert) and one cola, which was pretty expensive for croatian standards...