“bland food, slow service, undiserved rank among other Opatija restorants”
Review of Pizzeria Roko

Pizzeria Roko
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Opatija
Cuisines: Italian, Croatian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

1. i got my "beefsteak salad" after exactly 38 min, my frind got his "ombolo = pork chops wth grilled wedgies and fried potato" after 49 min, i had almost finished my meal when his came. We were so hungry, that we emptied the bread basket before. luckily, baked pizza dough was good.
2. meat was hard and dry, food bland. desert: chocholate mousse too sweet, made of vegetable whipped cream instead of real thing. tiramisu also bland ( I still don't know how's that even possible?!?) 3. inside restoran was SO HOT, we wanted to escape right away, but unfortunatly, we were hungry, and it was late- 22h
4. I hate when waiter frowns when asked to bring tap water, water in Croatia is perfectly good, so why would I pay 25 kn for 3dcl of bottled tap water? We got our water, which we had previously ordered WITH wine, only after second intervention, 20 min later
5. portions were of decent size
6. interior decoration is the only thing that I can apraise

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is absolutely my favourite restaurant in the region - the food is consistently great, the prices are affordable, the staff is helpful and the service is quick (even on busy nights!). The only drawback is that in the summer it gets quite busy so it's always good to book a table in advance. I recommend this place to anyone coming to visit this region!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We went to Roko twice in three days. My pictures don't do justice but trust me when I say the dishes were all tasty. We had fish soup, pasta with truffles, beef salad. Some portions were american sized. Very friendly service. Worth a visit if you are in Opatija!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Impossible to choose which dish to order when you see all of the appetizing dish come out of the efficient little brick oven kitchen! We had delicious green ravioli with mushrooms and scampi, quatttro-fromage pasta and chicken-zucchini risotto, all nicely done. Marco was our attentive and pleasant waiter. We were so happy to find tasty Roko for our only meal in Opatija as we passed through town during our 2-week tour of Croatia.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice Italian food with wonderful desert, nice staff and very good location and garden in the main street of Opatija.