“Wonderfully grilled meats”

Cuisines: Seafood, Croatian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We started with the mixed salami platter. The best was the truffle salami. The other salamis were dry (similar to jerky). It seems we were served the end cuts maybe?!?!?! We ordered grilled mixed meats and the restaurant redeemed itself. Wonderfully grilled sausages, chicken, pork medallions, etc. The service was slow and our waiter seemed like he couldn't really be bothered with us. The bathroom is smaller than a closet. You have maybe 4-5 inches between the toilet and the wall. So, you actually have to sit sideways on the toilet. It's definitely a restaurant worth checking out, though. Reasonable prices, good atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Ruzmarin

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited Ruzmarin for dinner during our stay in Opatija. Expected good quality food based on the reviews and found a great place.
Ordered a veggie lasagne and marinated squid for starter and both were excellent. The lasagne took my breath away. That is how pasta should be. Well prepared and well cooked.
For main we had the seafood plater and veal chops in sauce with grilled polenta. The seafood was great. Fresh and well prepared, however I was a bit disappointed with the polenta. It was burnt on one side and the veal was a tiny bit overdone. Despite this I'd return and would recommend a visit to Ruzmarin as the rest of the food was delicious.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant is in my opinion not worth a fourth place in Opatija. The service is very .. very slow. I think I waited for more than an hour for my grilled fish which was 150 kn. The fish was absolutely not worth this amount of money. The french fries that I ordered with the fish were also of a mediocre quality. Concluding - I will not visit this over-estimated place again. Not recommended.

1  Thank Ruml
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ruzmarin Restaurant was recommended to us by a staff member, of the hotel we were staying at. Its a must when in Opatija!
The restaurant is just off the main street in Opatija. Ask you hotel to make a reservation for you. Its is very popular because it is so good. There is seating both inside and out, the ambiance perfect. Service was Top Notch! Creative menu and a great selection on wine.
I requested a business card from our waiter because I had to write a review about this impressive restaurant.
web sit ia restaurant-ruzmarin.com

Reviewed August 21, 2013

we have seen the restaurant many times before when walking by but from the
outside you cannot judge the content.
We have visited based on trip advisors recommendation and other ads in our hotel
The place on the covered terrace is acceptable, but the kitchen and the attention of the
waiters is excellent.A real good value for your money in terms of mediterranean food.
During lunchtime we did not needed to reserve in advance but for our dinner next time surely we would make reservation as it seams to be very popular.