“Simply excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood, Croatian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant was a really nice and positive surprise. We were there out of season and it was pretty full so I suggest an reservation. It is a small to middle sized restaurant with nice traditional atmosphere and great dishes. The portions were pretty big (I was unable to eat all of it) and the food was excellent. Tasty, fresh and imaginative. Prices were average, so I would call it a good value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ruzmarin is very close to Opatija bus station. For starters we had "zarebarnik with palenta" (traditional Istrian meal with fried pork and grilled corn flour) that was delicious and portions were huge. Beef stake that followed was not stunning but fine. Profiteroles, that we shared for dessert, left chocolate to be desired:) With two bottles of Postup Donja banda (30 euro each), two starters, two main dishes and dessert we felt pleasantly surprised when final bill was less than 100 euro. Additional, very important detail for me was that we were allowed to eat at closed but heated terrace where smoking was allowed (There is, of course, space for non-smokers inside).

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to say that this restaurant is no. 1 pick for me. Excellent pizzas, pastas are delicious, nicely served. Staff are very polite. I love all the tagliatelles and "pljukanci". Beautiful place

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my second time in Ruzmarin that is very coasy place. I eat Istrian pizza and it was delicious with prosciutto and truffles sausages. I recommend it warmly. But it is often full so mou better book it in advance

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This restaurant has great food and the personel was nice. The prices are good, I expected it would be expensive because it is located in the centre, but it wasn't expensive at all! Would recommend it!