“Super place for tasty dinner”
Review of Ruzmarin

Ruzmarin
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Opatija
Cuisines: Seafood, Croatian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Highly recommended, professional staff, really cozy place to enjoy Croatian cuisine and drinks, with pleasure come back in 2013

1  Thank JJJVilnius
There are newer reviews for Ruzmarin

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Opatija does not seem blessed with great restaurants and we had some passable hotel meals of a sort of Croatian-International Fusion type. This we thought was the best of the locals and we went back. And we did so even thought the first night my pork kebabs were luke warm and chips were cold. But we liked the ambience and could see the meals were generally high quality but the service being rather slow and disorganised meant some stood around before getting to your table - hence the loss of heat! We did wait quite a long time to be served even with menus and first drinks... despite having booked a table it was clear no table had been kept and we were posted to an ante room. The second night we did better. This implies we are not very discriminating...well frankly you can't be in Opatija. But we also saw enough here that we liked to make us come back including a fabulous white house wine which was quite complex almost like a white Burgundy. In fact to be honest I think it was the wine which brought us back! But yes I would return, and would have more confidence next time I think simply to send the food back if it arrives cold..the staff seem to spend a lot of time on the phone and possibly with locals at the bar and even take always? Something seemed to distract them from us anyway! So don't expect perfection, and at these prices you would not..but make allowances and try it out.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Very cute and cosy atmosphere. Great variety of foot for good value for money. In the same time this restaurant offers romantic intimacy and liveliness. Favourite place in Opatija for a nice evening out.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days in Opatija in early Oct and this was our favorite restaurant. It is on a side street a block off the main street. It is a cozy, pleasant place. The waiters were very friendly and the food was excellent. I had pasta with shrimp and my husband had pizza. Everything was delicious. I highly recommend Ruzmarin.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Food was reasonably good, a lot heavy on the salt for our tastes. Good presentation. Service was good, little hard sometimes to get server's attention.