“Great restaurant”

Ranked #11 of 86 Restaurants in Opatija
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I was there 2 years ago on my dad’s wedding. This is one of the best restaurant I ‘ve ever been.Food is perfect,so delicious,I really loved everything.Good location by the sea and the staff is friendly and pleasant.My husband didn’t want to eat fish&seafood menu which was ordered so they made meat menu just for him. Next time when I go to Opatija I will surely eat in this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed March 4, 2018

That's one of my favorite place to enjoy.
"Plavi podrum" have everything:
- owner who know the job and enjoy it
- excellent chef and friendly staff with lots of knowledge
- all foods are fresh, and all meals are great
- wine selection is great
- the location is beautiful; a place in a harbor in a quiet seaside town

Your "job" is just to relax & enjoy.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Last time I visited Plavi Podrum was about 6 years ago. The food was great, but our business group was seriously overcharged (for 7 starters when we only had two) so we left with a bad feeling because we had to challenge the bill and get it corrected (which they did and apologised). But we avoided the place after that even though we live locally. But for Valentines Day this year, for a change, my wife and I thought lets give it another try. Again, great food and not too expensive. Shrimp risotto and black risotto starters were brilliant, and our main courses - my wife had monk fish in wine sauce and I had the grilled squid - were excellent. We had a nice white wine too. But on getting the bill we were shocked - it was almost double what we thought it would be. On checking it turned out we were overcharged for the little glass of sparkling wine which was offered as we sat down. We were billed for a massive 250 kuna per glass (which was double the price of the main course we both had!) when in fact it only cost 40 kuna per glass. So an awkward request was made in front of the other diners for the waiter to check the bill. We got a profuse apology and left, yet again with a bad feeling. Won't be going back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 20, 2018

For many years this is one of the best restaurants in Kvarner. The sea food is excellent, all food is really fresh and very good prepared. Highly recommended!!!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed December 10, 2017

Our guide recommended this place for lunch, but called it by another name; the Blue Basement or Underground or such. It was a pleasant 20-30 minute walk down the promenade from our hotel. We would have missed it entirely had it not been for others of our tour group flagging us down. The bright blue awning clearly announces Plavi podrum, but no mention in English of anything "Blue". Maybe 'Plavi" means 'blue' in Croatian?? LOL
We were promptly seated near others from our tour and a basket of freshly made herbed breads provided. With suggestions and reviews from our waiter and tour mates, Beezer had stuffed squid while I stuck to the scampi. Both were delicious. Beezer's squid was tender; not at all rubbery as we had encountered elsewhere in the past. Others from the group had selected fresh caught fish from the display cart, and reported that was an excellent choice also.
The service was good, the food was great, the price reasonable. All-in-all a very pleasant and delicious lunch. We would recommend looking this place up - but under Plavi podrum; not "blue" anything., LOL

Date of visit: November 2017