“This is the BEST fish restaurant I've ever eaten in.”
Review of Plavi podrum

Plavi podrum
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Opatija
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere, fabulous scenery - overlooking the small marina in Volosko. Food delicious - fresh as you can get - extensive menu - DELICIOUS desserts and so creative - salt with ice-cream??!! Fab!

1  Thank Sal21ly

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Have been there one saturday in October, the Restaurant was full,people were waiting for the table...very good food, decent offer on the wine list, just the service cannot say was the top.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Buzet. We will come here again the next time we are in the area. Food was excellent - well presented and tasty. the location was also fab

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was here two times. Unluckily I get same waiter for the second time. Because I was in sport dress as usually, I assume, he calculated, there would be no tip and he didn't get anything from him self.

Otherwise they prepare very tasty food. The menu is interesting.
I have chosen octopus salad, with some extras, which I have forgotten till now. Very good salad with no extensions as vegetable, potato... Just octopus with olive oil, pehaps some onion and garlic. Simple and very good.
Maybe, they think they are as top Croatian restaurants, but they are two steps behind. They mark their food with the year, when they invented it. And I have tried Buzara Plavi podrum, invented 2007. Very good, I must admit, nothing to change. But that was classic mussel buzara, with two shrimps.

Location is interesting, by the water.
Closure: Food is good and tasty. The only think why I wouldn't come back is bad waiter and too expensive prices for not so special offer.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a classy open air restaurant right on the boat harbour at Volosko. The food was delicious and a lot more innovative than anywhere else we had tried in Croatia. This was the last night of 10 days there. The service was excellent.