“TOP ONE IN VOLOSKO”

Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Opatija
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Have been there one saturday in October, the Restaurant was full,people were waiting for the table...very good food, decent offer on the wine list, just the service cannot say was the top.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Buzet. We will come here again the next time we are in the area. Food was excellent - well presented and tasty. the location was also fab

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was here two times. Unluckily I get same waiter for the second time. Because I was in sport dress as usually, I assume, he calculated, there would be no tip and he didn't get anything from him self.

Otherwise they prepare very tasty food. The menu is interesting.
I have chosen octopus salad, with some extras, which I have forgotten till now. Very good salad with no extensions as vegetable, potato... Just octopus with olive oil, pehaps some onion and garlic. Simple and very good.
Maybe, they think they are as top Croatian restaurants, but they are two steps behind. They mark their food with the year, when they invented it. And I have tried Buzara Plavi podrum, invented 2007. Very good, I must admit, nothing to change. But that was classic mussel buzara, with two shrimps.

Location is interesting, by the water.
Closure: Food is good and tasty. The only think why I wouldn't come back is bad waiter and too expensive prices for not so special offer.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a classy open air restaurant right on the boat harbour at Volosko. The food was delicious and a lot more innovative than anywhere else we had tried in Croatia. This was the last night of 10 days there. The service was excellent.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant is in Volosko, a 25 minute walk on the seaside promenade from Opatija. It is worth the trip. We did not make a reservation, so were seated in an inside room, not one of the harborside tables. The room was pleasant enough, but do reserve one of the view tables. Food was the best on our trip to Croatia -- an amuse bouche, very ample portion of fish soup, fish main course, several different olive oils on the table with excellent bread, and a bottle of Malvasia, all for 505 Kuna (about $95.00). We paid twice as much in Venice for mediocre food. Service was efficient, though not particularly warm. Most of the other diners seemed to be local -- few if any looked like tourists.