We booked this hotel through the phone, very pleasant first contact. When we arrived, we followed the signs to find the hotel but the signs stopped at some point and we had to stop the car and start to walk through a 1km pedestrian walk until we could figure out where the hotel was. We were instructed to go all around the city towards the opposite access, and there a friendly staff helped us to walk with the luggage (250m). I had to drive all around again to park the car and then walk 1km back through the pedestrian.
First bad surprise, what was sold as a suite was actually a large room with a sofa in front of the bed. Ok, for the pleasant place and the friendliness, we decide to stay with the 5 of us (3 children) in this one room for the 5 days.
Second, at check in, they required IDs, which were in the car, 1km away. They were so compelling that after the pleasant dinner, I had to walk the 2km back and forth with my 4 yr old daughter, my wife taking care of the other 2 children.
Third, at 6h30 the first mornng, the big noise of the radio of the bar downstairs woke all up. Only after going down and having a loud argument with the staff, they would tune down the music.
Finally, on this 4* hotel, the breakfast was average, not much to say. But when I inquired about an expresso coffee instead of the boiling coffee that was there since hours probably, I was asked to pay on the spot, which I found simply unacceptable. They then did a big scandal in front of the other guests on the terrace, which I asked to stop right away and finish it at the reception. I eventually didn't pay for the expresso but I was asked toay for it from the next day "since this had to be ordered at their restaurant". Which I found odd since we had dinner the night before at the same table so obviously it is the same place and the same owner.
I made it clear that would they not change the procedure, they would loose the next dinners as well, and I would have to cancel my stay in order to be able to enjoy somewhat this very nice place.
All in all, a relatively average, old local (Soviet time) hotel modestly refurbished in a superb and charming place. But certainly not a 4* hotel worth 300€ per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Apoksiomen is a small, intimate boutique hotel located directly on the seaside promenade of the picturesque lagoon of Mali Losinj. This exclusive hotel with 25 rooms offers its guests comfort and luxury in a discrete atmosphere, an a-la-carte restaurant with authentic national dishes and the cafe with the largest sunny terrace in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Apoksiomen by OHM Group reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apoksiomen Hotel Mali Losinj
- Boutique Hotel Apoksiomen
- Hotel Apoksiomen By OHM Group Mali Losinj, Losinj Island