We had booked a hotel in Sea Bright for a Labor Day 3 night stay so that we could enjoy the beaches at Sandy Hook. We found that accommodation on Friday night a disaster,and checked out as soon as we could on Saturday Morning. (More on that on another review).
Fortunately, we were able to Google up the Blue Bay Inn while at the beach on Saturday afternoon and confirm reservations for Saturday and Sunday Night. It was the only place we could find during the Holiday week-end with availability. It's a bit pricey compared to the other hotels in the area but we needed the room to continue our Holiday. The price for the two nights w/taxes $680.96 with no AAA or AARP discounts allowed because of the Holiday week-end?? The hotel is a short distance from Sandy Hook right off Rte #36 on First Ave.
When we arrived we were welcomed by a delightful gal who took care of assigning a room for us on the second floor. The lobby was so quiet I thought I was in a Funeral Parlor, but the desk clerk assured us the Hotel was busy and as a result we had to accept two double beds for our stay. That was not a problem. The room was wonderful,clean comfortable,large, and it seemed newly furnished. The result was two wonderful quiet nights rest. If we had a concern about the hotel it was that we were unaware there was a Restaurant available for breakfast or a light meal. The desk should have mentioned it and there were no signs of it being open while we were there. (I just found out by reading another travelers review)There is however a great Southwestern Restaurant open for dinner, try the steak. Unfortunately, it was not open on Sunday so we had to travel a bit to find dinner on Sunday night. They do have a lounge in the restaurant that opens after 6:PM, we didn't check that out. The area seems safe with a small town atmosphere and has several places to dine, it even has a movie theater. We walked the street on Saturday night after dinner and ended up down at The Marina where the NYC ferry docks. It was a pleasant night. We'd stay there again in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of downtown Atlantic Highlands, the Blue Bay Inn is the perfect place to indulge yours desires. Within two blocks, there are 12 restaurants, a movie theatre, a playhouse, upscale boutiques, spas, hair salons, artisan shops, a coffee house and the Seastreak ferry which luxuriously shuttles back and forth to Manhattan in 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Blue Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Hotel Atlantic Highlands
- Blue Bay Atlantic Highlands