“World Class Bakery”
Review of The Flaky Tart

The Flaky Tart
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's all excellent. Personal favorites are the croissants, in varying versions. Best carrot cake I've ever eaten.

There are newer reviews for The Flaky Tart

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Oh. My. God. Customers line up at early hours with glassy eyes, just like they are at a methadone clinic. Their fix is the best, most creative, and freshest baked goods to be found anywhere. The highlight is the breakfast items -- scones, pastries, croissants, muffins, etc. Many of the other items are great also, like that macaroon with the chocolate mousse topping in a chocolate shell. But it is idle to give examples because the selection is ever-changing. Just look at the Flaky Tart's facebook page, and you will feel an instant and dangerous craving for that day's selection. The stuff should be sold in glassine bags. Normally, when you say something is good in New Jersey, the statement has an asterisk; that is, it is good for New Jersey, but wouldn't necessarily be good in New York City. These pastries would be good in New York City. Indeed, they would be good in Paris. Okay, I know this review is over the top. But I must go there. Now. My flesh is crawling. Do you hear me? NOW.

2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A good stop for a quick cup of coffee and delicious pastry on the way to NYC ferry. Pastries are terrific. Every bit as good that one could find in France. The cakes also look good but I never sampled one, but the quiches are outstanding

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have never been disappointed. Only highly satisfied. Particularly memorable are the macaroon kisses, coconut cake, cookies, scones, Mac n cheese, and frittata. And of course the house special coffee blend. And it's quick in and out.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Finally got a chance to visit this bakery after hearing my brother talk about it for a few years. He and his GF live in the neighborhood adjacent to the bakery and on my first visit to their place, we scurried on over after church. The locals swarm there like ants to sugar so one might have to circle the block for a parking spot! The pastries are exquisite works of art. We chose a lovely pastry with glazed pecans, berry muffins and the brioche...outstanding! I decided to try their coffee as an afterthought and was glad I did...some of the best coffee I'd had in a long time. Why'd I wait so long to visit my brother? Planning my next trip....I will def be back!