“Our only place for seafood”
Review of Navesink Fishery

Navesink Fishery
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We enjoy the food and eat at the fishery as often as we can. Nothing I've ever tried I did not love! The salmon is my favorite. The salads are awesome and big enough to share. Don't leave without having dessert, the pies are homemade and delicious! It's a friendly, casual, comfortable dining room, I love it's not fancy. The waitresses are great! Best of all, it's a BYOB!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I use the front retail fish market regularly ..... Excellent quality and selection. Had dinner one night there and was impressed with menu choices and expertise of their kitchen. Very generous portions .... Can definitely recommend

Not sophisticated dining room decor ...... But food makes the important difference

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is not the first time we have eaten at the Navesink Fishery, so this review, although based on our last experience at the restaurant, is also relevant to our other experiences here. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our table. Our order was taken soon after we were seated by a server who was, to put it mildly, not at all interested in pleasing her customers. Our appetizer was served rather promptly, but we had to wait about 50 minutes for our entrees. When the entrees arrived, the food was overcooked, cold and, basically, tasteless. The halibut francize was dry, and in no way resembled a francize preparation. When we complained to our disinterested server, she said that she would bring us some sauce to put on the fish. It only took her about 10 minutes to bring the "sauce" which did nothing to add to the flavor. The restaurant is tired and needs a complete face-lifting -- at least new carpet and a new ceiling. Also, the addition of some friendly servers would be a welcome treat. I think that we have given this establishment one try too many; when eating in Atlantic Highlands you could do a lot better than the Navesink Fishery.

1  Thank placesivbeen
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at the Navesink Fishery to celebrate our wedding anniversary. He had been there once before years ago and we had been meaning to go together for a long time. So, we chose a special occasion. We didn't realize however that they actually take reservations, so when we arrived at the place (around 6PM on a Saturday night), we were told that we would have a minimum of 30-40 minute wait. Still, the weather was beautiful and we didn't mind waiting on a bench outside, despite the fact that there isn't much of a view (it is located in a small A&P strip mall right off of Rt. 36). The wait was SO worth it though! Everything we had- from the fresh bread and delicious salad, through the terrific jumbo lump crab cakes, to the decadent flounder was five star quality! The service was fine (not terrific), the ambiance was okay (not the greatest) but the food was absolutely amazing! Highly recommended to anybody who loves and appreciates fresh, excellently prepared seafood! BYOB

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've been dining there for a few years and every time the food is cooked to perfection.
It is located in a small mall and has a store front, which I find very shore friendly and charming.
There is no better place for seafood in Central NJ. I've tried several dishes there, and I like them all. Flounder is difficult to get at restaurants at times, but they serve up a good one whether broiled or fried with rice or potato and vegetables. They have a good size menu. They open at 12:00 p.m. until about 2:00 p.m. and then reopen at 5:00 p.m. until about 8:00 p.m. Very quiet and friendly dining experience. I find it very comfortable and the staff experienced and attentive.
In the front of the store, they sell fresh seafood which has always been very good to take home and cook for yourself. I also go there on holidays. Last year we went on New Year's Eve. It was just very pleasant to be there with the other people enjoying the Holiday.