“Great Spot To Lose a Few Hours”

Carton Brewing Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Brewery Tours on Wed & Thur 5-8PM, Fri 4-8PM, Sat 12-8PM, & Sun 12-5pm. The entrance to the brewery is 6. E. Washington Ave. However, please park in the lot located at 120 First Ave, Atlantic Highlands, NJ.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The beer is fantastic. Local folks, with local knowledge. Cute little tasting bar. I'd highly recommend it for an afternoon. Then bring some home for the evening.

2  Thank Darrel G

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have been a few times with family and friends and all company is in agreement this is somewhere to frequent as much as possible! The tasting room is decorated with a chill hang out feel of low couches and dim lighting. Every beer they have is more than "drinkable"! I have been to breweries before where I didn't want to finish each tasting but this place makes me drink them all and of course get a growler to take home! My favorite last time I was there was the Carton Canyon and they even had a gluten free Boat that wasn't too shabby either (especially for being gluten free) I'll be stoping back by to get a growler soon! and have to compliment the branding of the place too; love the neon orange.

2  Thank M Nicole K
Reviewed October 10, 2012

When I walk in there, I feel like I've stepped into Vermont or something. Unlike typical Jersey, everyone in there is nice and happy. It's just chill and earthy. The tour is very interesting. Oh, and of course, the beer is GREAT. All of them. It's funny because even if there are types of beer that I'm not normally crazy about, Carton manages to make me think that it's my fave. For example, I hate hoppy beers but the Harvest brew and Boat and xx7(or something) are so tasty. I don't drink Guinness, but Milk is amazing to me. Also, the Pumpkin and BDG have been repeatedly filling my growler. That's the other thing I love... run around the block to fill my growler!! And I'll just mention again that everyone that works there is nice and taught me a lot at the same time. Currently one of my fave places in AH

2  Thank Beansorpeanutbutter
Reviewed October 9, 2012

These people know what they are doing, and you are made to feel very welcome. The beers are superb, and you get to see how the beer is made. This is a great way to kill a few hours for friends looking for something to do. The bar feels like somebody's living room!

1  Thank James H
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Carton Rocks. The owners are very knowledgeable and eager to talk beer. Their beer is original and exciting. Jesse the brewmaster loves to share his insights on beer making. The tour is fun and the sampling room is the highlight. Not a corporate experience, more like hanging in your buddy's man-cave... But the ladies are welcome too!

1  Thank Tfmiv