“Happy to have you in Atlantic Highlands”

Carton Brewing Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Brewery Tours on Wed & Thur 5-8PM, Fri 4-8PM, Sat 12-8PM, & Sun 12-5pm. The entrance to the brewery is 6. E. Washington Ave. However, please park in the lot located at 120 First Ave, Atlantic Highlands, NJ.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

When I walk in there, I feel like I've stepped into Vermont or something. Unlike typical Jersey, everyone in there is nice and happy. It's just chill and earthy. The tour is very interesting. Oh, and of course, the beer is GREAT. All of them. It's funny because even if there are types of beer that I'm not normally crazy about, Carton manages to make me think that it's my fave. For example, I hate hoppy beers but the Harvest brew and Boat and xx7(or something) are so tasty. I don't drink Guinness, but Milk is amazing to me. Also, the Pumpkin and BDG have been repeatedly filling my growler. That's the other thing I love... run around the block to fill my growler!! And I'll just mention again that everyone that works there is nice and taught me a lot at the same time. Currently one of my fave places in AH

2  Thank Beansorpeanutbutter

Reviewed October 9, 2012

These people know what they are doing, and you are made to feel very welcome. The beers are superb, and you get to see how the beer is made. This is a great way to kill a few hours for friends looking for something to do. The bar feels like somebody's living room!

1  Thank James H
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Carton Rocks. The owners are very knowledgeable and eager to talk beer. Their beer is original and exciting. Jesse the brewmaster loves to share his insights on beer making. The tour is fun and the sampling room is the highlight. Not a corporate experience, more like hanging in your buddy's man-cave... But the ladies are welcome too!

1  Thank Tfmiv
Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you love hand crafted beer, the boys of Carton know what they are doing. It is not for the bud drinkers! You must love your IPAs and hopper beer...hard to find, but worth it...only open weekends. Try the beer at many of the Jersey Shore Resturants on weekdays!

1  Thank BayHead08742
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have visited the Carton Brewing Company on several occasions when the tasting room is open on the weekends. The owners are a great bunch of laid back guys who enjoy talking beer, giving tours, and even going into some history about the building and Atlantic Highlands.

The beers for sample and growler purchase will be a big hit for folks who enjoy IPAs. The 077XX double IPA is one of my personal favorites. The tours and tastings are free, and growlers are available for purchase at a reasonable price.

1  Thank smertie