“Great Local Brewery!”

Carton Brewing Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Brewery Tours on Wed & Thur 5-8PM, Fri 4-8PM, Sat 12-8PM, & Sun 12-5pm. The entrance to the brewery is 6. E. Washington Ave. However, please park in the lot located at 120 First Ave, Atlantic Highlands, NJ.
Neptune, New Jersey
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Local Brewery!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have visited the Carton Brewing Company on several occasions when the tasting room is open on the weekends. The owners are a great bunch of laid back guys who enjoy talking beer, giving tours, and even going into some history about the building and Atlantic Highlands.

The beers for sample and growler purchase will be a big hit for folks who enjoy IPAs. The 077XX double IPA is one of my personal favorites. The tours and tastings are free, and growlers are available for purchase at a reasonable price.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank smertie

Middletown, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tasty beer, friendly people”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Carton brewery in Atlantic highlands is a hidden little place that I highly recommend. I live in town and have been here a ton of times to get growler fills. In fact, when they know you by name, maybe I go here too much.

It is a fun trip and they have very good beer. In fact, I have their boat beer on tap at my house...that is how much I like it. The owners are knowledgable, friendly and are actually locals who have lived here their entire lives. They are willing to give some great advice if you are visiting the area from out of town.

It is a free tour with some free beer tasting so if you have an hour or so to kill, you have nothing to lose! They sell growlers of beer to go so take home a souvenir glass growler filled with some fine beer. Once I brought my first one home, it was all down hill from there LOL Next thing you know you might buy a kegerator and have their beer in your house like me. The carton boat beer inspired me to finally get a kegerator and I don't regret a minute of it. The kegerator is a blessing...ice cold delicious beer all the time. Life is good!

Best of luck with the brewery Augie and Chris....cheers!

Corvette Johnny

Visited June 2012
1 Thank corvette_johnny
middletown twp nj
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unique experience, learn something and have a great time!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Looking to do something a little different? Check out this little hideaway. First take a guided tour to learn about the workings of the micro-brewery downstairs in this quaint old brick building and then upstairs to sample the original, unique flavored brews they produce. The owners are fun and friendly and a great time was had by all.

Visited March 2012