“Good fishing experience”

Capt. Dave
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Captain Dave was a clean roomy boat. The boat, poles and tackle were in really good condition. The captain is a little strict with the rules but nothing crazy. The mates were very good and were on top of everyone that pulled in a fish or had tangles. I recommend using them.

2  Thank Joe C

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just as said in the other bad reviews capt started the day at 6:45 yelling at me like a child should not be talked to. Because afterthe mates loaded all of our stuff I started to climb down the ladder to get on the boat. Then excuse me of being the first one that would try to sue him if I fell I've been on many boats chartered or party and never ever have seen a captain act in this manner.judging by the drastic difference in reviews here this man must be bipolar hope you don't catch him on a bad day

19  Thank kcfish
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I can't imagine how this company has 11 "positive" reviews. Maybe Captain Dave has 11 friends who happen to like seamen? This guy's whole operation was shoddy from the start, and his attitude was BEYOND rude. I've been on about a dozen chartered fishing trips all along the East coast, and they've all gone out of their way to make sure everyone has a good time... whether the fish are biting or not. Such is not the case with this guy. He makes all the promises beforehand, but once he has your money in hand, he seems to just go through the motions. No effort is made to be polite, or even pleasant. Repeat business must not be important to him, and TRUST ME, we will not be coming back.

21  Thank Greg J
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have made several trips on the Capt. Dave and never failed to have a great time. His prices are fair and his boat is clean and most importantly safe. The poles and reels that he provided were in excellent shape and he never failed to provide a reasonable answer to any question that someone had. Experience is very important in the charter business and you can see that he loves boating and being out on the water. Very happy with our trip.

1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went out with Captain Dave for a birthday fishing trip with a group of friends. Captain Dave and his crew were experienced and professional. They were patient and courteous and provided great advice to both the beginner and experienced fishermen in our group. Boat is clean and well stocked with plenty of equipment all in good working order. We all had a great time, caught plenty of fish, and I would highly recommend Captain Dave to anyone looking for a great fishing trip from the Jersey shore.

4  Thank JeffNK