“Capt. Dave's Fishing - Always a great time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capt. Dave

Capt. Dave
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Capt. Dave's Fishing - Always a great time.”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Myself and my group of fishing buddies have been using Capt. Dave for several years. We typically go out for Stripers and leave at 6am. We always have a great time and awesome photo op's. I caught my first Striper on Capt. Daves, as did my son. We bring plenty of "fishing sodas" and have a great time. Capt. Dave's prices are always reasonable and he will do his best to hunt down the fish. We will returning this spring 2012 to take another shot at the stripers. I would highly recommend this boat and Capt.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank beachnbooze

Collegeville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day Of Fishing”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was fortunate to have found the Capt. Dave fishing boat. I chartered the boat on June 11, 2011 for the JCAA Fluke Fishing Tournament. The weather was rainy and cool. We had a great day fishing. The entire boat caught 80 fish but only had 14 keepers due to regulations. Captain Dave himself knows wher to locate the fish. He did on occasion remind us about safety and drinking but that was for our well being and enjoyment. Everyone in my group of 14 had a great time. I do highly recommend chartering and fishing with the "CAPT DAVE". I am booked for June 2102 again and will continue to do so each and every year.

Matthew McKeon
Collegeville, PA

Visited June 2011
5 Thank Matthew M
Jackson, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful day of fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

August 17, 2011 was a beautiful sunny summer day. I was on the Capt. Dave for a day of fishing and enjoying the sun. The day was by far, one of the most fun, memorable of my life! Captain Dave, Al, and the rest of the crew, bent over backwards to ensure everyone on board had a safe, wonderful time! I've been out on the Capt. Dave 4 or 5 times in the past and have had the same positive experience each time, that's why I keep going back. Professional, friendly, captain and crew, clean, safe boat, and catching fish! Who could ask for more? I highly recommend THE CAPT DAVE!!!!!!---They don't disappoint!

Visited August 2011
8 Thank Linda D
Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Captain Dave the Best Charter Boat on the Jersey Shore”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I haved fished on the Capt. Dave three times and had the best experience. The Captain and crew are very courteous and professional. Passenger safety and confort is a top priority on this boat. The boat is always very clean with the best fishing tackle. Captain Dave knows how to put you over the fish. I highly recommend that consider taking your next trip on the Capt. Dave.

Visited July 2011
9 Thank Robert C
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Stay Away from Capt Dave.”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was unfortunate enough to have chartered this Fishing Boat and captain based at
the Municipal Pier in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey. The main reasons to charter
a fishing boat are 1) Fishing, 2) Fun, and 3) Camaraderie with the group with whom
you made the charter.

The Captain of the Capt. Dave fishing boat is David J. Dzielak who turned out to be
anything but a "captain " in any sense of the word. Catching fish is an iffy proposition
at best, but the "Fun" and "Camaraderie" parts should not be. Dave Dzielak takes your
charter money, and as soon as he pulls away from the dock he asserts his policies for the boat which are in direct conflict with what is written in the contract he provides.

He is dead set against drinking, though the contract provides for beer and wine but no
liquor. He shouts into his PA system that his boat is not a party boat and threatens to
turn around and return to the dock if he is not "obeyed"! (keeping your money @ $60 a head) Members of my party were completely flabbergasted at his yelling when no one was drunk nor intended to be at 6am. His threats to return to the dock were totally unnecessary, especially the instant we pulled away, and his attitude tainted the rest of the 6 hour charter for all 17 persons.

It was my intention to speak with him but did not want to ruin the days' "paid for" fishing
by having this little man exert the small amount of authority he derives by being the boat's
captain. Thank god for the internet and review sites. I just wish others had
reviewed him first so that I would not have chartered his boat. Even his two mates agreed that his attitude and outbursts were unwarranted and unwelcome. Be fair warned, choose one of the other fine fishing charters available from the Atlantic Highlands Pier.

Visited October 2011