“Nice portions”

Sissy's at the Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nice portions”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Neat location, at the Marina hit hard by Sandy. Reopened, there was a healthy crowd on the Saturday morning we visited. We dined on the porch outside as it was a beautiful day. All portions were large enough to satisfy without being too much. I had the waffle and it was light, airy and delicious. My friend ordered the fruit with yogurt and to my surprise, it was a plentiful serving of both, not like the puny 'McDonald's parfait-size' that I thought it might be...enough for him to share with the other 2 of us. Prices reasonable for this area. The only drawback to eating outside on this particular Saturday morning was that the landscape maintenance crew was working with the weed wackers & leaf blowers for about 15 mins or so...requiring us to shout at each other for a bit. Oh well, they moved on. We encountered friendly, efficient staff.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank JaneH831

Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
“Love this place!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am a local and I eat at Sissy's probably once a week for breakfast... or at least I did until Sandy! But it looks like they've reopened so I'm going to pop in tomorrow morning. So excited! Wonderful staff, food is good, prices are very fair, and the view is wonderful.

• Visited October 2012
Ledbury
“Probably the worst fish and chips I ever have”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I expect freshly cooked fish to be served, not one out of a packet which you get from a supermarket. 3 small triangular fish portion was served in a plastic basket.
The waiteress was not exactly friendy, I should have complained. Fresh fish on the menu would help a lot, considering it is located in a harbour.
I'm not normally fussy, this is the first review I have place on trip advisor and probably the last.
I unlikely to visit this resturant again as I live on the other side of the Ocean.
I can,t comment on the other food, but the reasturant is clean and the views are great.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Hugh101201
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Amazing views, good food”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went to sissy's place this morning before going to Church, we sat out on the deck and watched the boats launch. I had awesome bananna pancakes and fat sausage links they were delicious. Our server came right over, was jovial and welcoming and must be part psychic because she knew we needed coffee right away. I have actually been here before and continue to return, if you want a great breakfast and great views, this is your place. They also serve lunch and as the sign reads "sometimes dinner, opened until we are closed"

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank ProffesionalReviewNJ
New Jersey
“Good Breakfasts at the Atlantic Highlands Marina!”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Sissy's is a small, diner-style restaurant located at the Atlantic Highlands Marina. It is located on the lower level of the same building which houses yet another restaurant, On The Deck. I have had breakfast at Sissy's on 3 occasions, all during the late spring or early summer months. They offer good, diner-style breakfasts including a substantial selection of omelets. Portions are substantial and the coffee is also good. You can sit outside on a small porch during the warmer months and this makes for a very pleasant dining experience close to fishing and pleasure boats and the New York City ferries. They are also open for lunch and (sometimes) dinner. Consider also that you can take a nice walk around the municipal marina, before or after dining, a definite "plus". In the warmer months the marina is filled with all sorts of pleasure boats and very attractive. The Bayshore Trail, a scenic waterfront path for walkers, runners and cyclists is located just past the marina, to the east (you have to take an outside route around the outside of the marina to get to the trail -- just follow the signs). If you are looking for a good place to have breakfast or lunch, in an attractive location by the water, I would recommend trying Sissy's at the Harbor.

• Visited June 2011