Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
The Comedy Zone is the Best Of the Best

My friend and I were introducing a couple to the theater, whose sense of humor we really didn't... read more

Reviewed August 25, 2018
Venture202806
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Separate Befs

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had not been there in years. Very comfortable atmosphere Three characters... read more

Reviewed July 16, 2018
Beachguyspc59
Holmdel, New Jersey
via mobile

All reviews cake every month last night philadelphia story amazing performance audience participation top notch great night katherine hepburn an enjoyable evening great comedy show starts entertainment book first rate excellent quality next month entire show
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Last night I saw the opening night performance of "The Big Five Oh!" From the very beginning and throughout the entire show, the audience was in stiches. This is a hilarious comedy about a family man approaching and celebrating a milestone birthday. I for one can certainly relate to that. Add in a zany neighbor, and his family, and the story unfolds. I found the characters well developed and loveable ( awesome cast) , and the conversations between them realistic. I have been to many shows here over the last 8 years, and this is definitely one of my favorites.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

I have been to a multiple plays here. Never saw a bad one. The plays are great, the staff are there to make sure you have a great time. A great night out at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

We went last night to the First Avenue playhouse and have to say, we had a great time. The show was so much fun with audience participation and amazing friendly staff. We took the dinner package and ate at the Thai restaurant and it was delicious, highly recommend. We will be going to more shows there that’s how much we enjoyed the entire evening . They also served dessert and coffee, teas, soda before show, which was really nice. The price for dinner and show was very reasonable and also if you do not choose to eat prior and just have the desserts and beverages, the price is very fair. The director and staff walked around and introduced themselves to each table, it is set up as a cabaret with tables and chairs

Reviewed April 28, 2018

I just got home from a totally amazing performance at First Avenue Playhouse in Atlantic Highlands, NJ entitled "The Old People Are Revolting". The Old People Are Revolting! is a mad cap comedy about seniors seeking revenge! The residents of the Sunshine Retirement Village have had enough: they're revolting!
This play, which still has one more performance next Saturday, May 5th, was one of the best plays that I have ever seen in my entire life. It is beyond description as I am so jazzed that I probably won't wind down enough to sleep until 3 a.m. If you love audience participation and singing along with top songs of the 1960's and laughing so hard that tears are streaming down your face, this is the play for you. First Avenue is one of the best things about Monmouth County and does 12 plays a year with a variety of types. Tonight's performance kept me entranced and totally involved the entire evening. An added bonus is the selection of yummy cakes (my fav being the cannoli cake) and coffee, tea and sodas. Don't miss the last performance next Saturday evening. You'll thank yourself and come away smiling and singing all the way home!

S-E P, Public Relations Manager at First Avenue Playhouse Dessert Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

On behalf of the talented cast,Director and the rest of us here at First Avenue, we thank you for your wonderful review!

Due to the audience demand we’ve added one final performance for
“ The Old People Are Revolting!”
Saturday, May 5, 2018.

A new play, a new director. cast and a new script each Each Director brings their own spin on their production.

The Director of April’s comedy, Barry Prag, will return for July’s Comedy production.

This month (May 2018) the comedy, “The Big Five-Oh!” Is directed by Leslie Hochman. It is a hilarious, sometimes touching play about a grown man coming to terms with his age.

June 2018, a musical revue will be directed by Bethany Miranda. This will be a lovely fun production.

In July, the director of “ The Old People Are Revolting” Barry Prag will return with a comedy, TBA.

Something entertaining is always happening at First Avenue every month for the almost 30 years. We look forward to your return

Reviewed April 24, 2018

This was hilarious. Audience interaction, slapstick, great acting & characters. Go see it for a fun evening out.

S-E P, Public Relations Manager at First Avenue Playhouse Dessert Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Thank you for your great review!

We’ve added one final performance, Saturday, May 5.

We’re so glad you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you soon.