Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Reviewed August 25, 2018
Venture202806
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Separate Befs

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had not been there in years. Very comfortable atmosphere Three characters... read more

Reviewed July 16, 2018
Beachguyspc59
Holmdel, New Jersey
via mobile

All reviews cake every month last night philadelphia story top notch an enjoyable evening you will not be disappointed great comedy show starts entertainment book audience participation excellent quality entire show great night performance cast acting
Reviewed August 25, 2018

My friend and I were introducing a couple to the theater, whose sense of humor we really didn't know.What if they didn't laugh? No worries: The Zone takes the funniest skits from Monty Python, Bob Newhart, Mike Nichols and Elaine May, etc., and revives them through a cracker jack cast. These seasoned actors love the material and it shows.A great time, including delicious cake!

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had not been there in years. Very comfortable atmosphere
Three characters did an outstanding job.

S-E P, Public Relations Manager at First Avenue Playhouse Dessert Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Welcome back!

Thank you for your wonderful review of “Separate Beds.”

We are happy you enjoyed the play which is Directed by Barry Prag and stars Dave Harris, Gina Shuster and Ruth Rocky.

Send your friends....there are four more performances. July 20-21 & July 27-28.

Don’t be a stranger...we hope you will come back soon.

Upcoming performances include:
August “ The Comedy Zone” a revue featuring famous TV Skits.
September. “The Dinner Party” by Neil Simon Directed by Neil King
October “ The Ghost Train” By Arnold Ridley Directed by Dave McGrath.

We’ve got a slice of cake waiting for you!

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to see the musical review, “Broadway Through the Years” last Saturday, which apparently was their opening show. The show was so fantastic I want to go again. I only recognized a few people in the show from past shows but this cast was so talented and fresh. The idea and theme was very clever and it had a great song selection. Definitely a must see!!!

S-E P, Public Relations Manager at First Avenue Playhouse Dessert Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the performance. Thank you for your review!
For nearly 30 years First Avenue has been staging a new production monthly, with a new cast and Director.
This month (July) Director Barry Prag returns for “Separate Beds.”
Two Couples aboard a cruise ship have very different marriages. The grass my seem greener on the other side....but is it?
Enjoy the play and some yummy cake too!
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

Saw the show. The guy who played the drunk at the party was hilarious...I would see him again and again. The cake was good too.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

'Saw "The Big 5 Oh!" Friday night....VERY VERY FUNNY! Great performances!
Oh yeah...The desserts are pretty great, too!

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

The show was very very funny, will keep up laughing the whole night!!! A must see show!!! All our group “The Fanatics” laughed the night away!!!

Reviewed May 19, 2018

We just combined dinner at Kings Arms II and "The Big Five-Oh" and had a wonderful meal and a hilarious time at the theater.

We have been regular attendees at the playhouse for over twenty years and try to bring a group of friends every month.

1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Last night I saw the opening night performance of "The Big Five Oh!" From the very beginning and throughout the entire show, the audience was in stiches. This is a hilarious comedy about a family man approaching and celebrating a milestone birthday. I for one can certainly relate to that. Add in a zany neighbor, and his family, and the story unfolds. I found the characters well developed and loveable ( awesome cast) , and the conversations between them realistic. I have been to many shows here over the last 8 years, and this is definitely one of my favorites.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

I have been to a multiple plays here. Never saw a bad one. The plays are great, the staff are there to make sure you have a great time. A great night out at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

We went last night to the First Avenue playhouse and have to say, we had a great time. The show was so much fun with audience participation and amazing friendly staff. We took the dinner package and ate at the Thai restaurant and it was delicious, highly recommend. We will be going to more shows there that’s how much we enjoyed the entire evening . They also served dessert and coffee, teas, soda before show, which was really nice. The price for dinner and show was very reasonable and also if you do not choose to eat prior and just have the desserts and beverages, the price is very fair. The director and staff walked around and introduced themselves to each table, it is set up as a cabaret with tables and chairs