“Nice lunch in a pretty location”

On the Deck Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had lunch here and enjoyed it. The price was reasonable considering the view of the bay. Good food. Nice decor. Nice view. I would do it again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

First time there and was very taken with the beautiful views from the deck. My initial thought: this should be an upscale restaurant here rather a beer and burger joint because of the scenic location that overlooks a harbor and NY bay. I read TripAdvisor so I wasn't expecting great cuisine but my wife's fish and chips looked like and tasted like something that was defrosted and microwaved. My ribeye was tough and veiny with more fat and grizzle than beef. If I go back I think I would limit myself to a hamburger but on a clear night it's worth the trip and sacrifice.

2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed September 9, 2012

lunch with coworkers..they had been here before. Busy on the outside deck, but no waiting for a table at 1:00 pm on a Friday afternoon. we all ordered sandwiches, the mahi mahi, for most of us. All served with house potato chips ( a bit soggy could have been crisper but then again it was a hot humid day). service was fine, prices ok given the area ( approx $10.)

1  Thank KValente
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have to eat outside in the summer as much as possible, and this place can be terrific. We came for dinner early (about 6:00) and scored a table on the rail. It was fun watching the ferries come and go with the commuters, and our waitress was attentive. House wines at $5 are a good value. The food execution is uneven. My husband loved his seafood and pasta combo. My flat iron steak was rare as ordered, but the "cabernet demi-glace" was an ocean of gelatinous gravy. The waitress offered to bring me another plate so I could transfer the steak and veggies out of the pond. We shared a serviceable brownie sundae. The best part was enjoying the evening in the open air.

The next day we came back for an afternoon snack, but it wasn't nearly as good. The deck was crowded, and the south breeze made it hot and airless. Service was slow. I'd be willing to try it again. The sandwiches going by looked huge and amazing. Just get there early for best seating.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Fantastic outside deck and bar with views from Earl thru Staten Island, Verrazano bridge, NYC skyline, the bay and Sandy hook - great sunsets; decent bar food

1  Thank Stuart S