“Will Stay Here Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Brunswick, Maryland
“Will Stay Here Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Trump Taj Mahal really surprised me. I got a livingsocial deal for a two night stay at the Taj a while back, and it was definitely worth it. We stayed in the Chairman towers, on a high floor. The hotel room was huge, with a nice view. The bathroom was very large with a large shower and nice shower head. The room was designed well with nice modern decorations. Decent flat screen tv and great room services.

Overall the level of comfort, quality of room, decorations, amenities were great! Will definitely stay here for the right price again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Navid W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The most important tip is to stay at the "Chairman's Tower" rather than the "Taj Tower." (I paid an average of $65 (before taxes) a night for a weekday stay in December 2012. (The price jumps drastically over the weekend). The Chairman's Tower is the newer wing, has large rooms with a flat screen TV, and a nice ambiance. In fact I found the room in the Chairman's Tower to be even better than the rooms at the Revel hotel, which is twice as expensive on weekdays.

The hotel is well maintained and housekeeping is very good as well.

Note that the floor numbers are misleading. The first floor on the Chairman's Tower begins at Floor 60. So, if you get a room on the 90th floor, it is actually the 30th floor. Therefore, make sure you get a room on a floor that is at least above the 80th floor.

The other nice aspect of the hotel is its wonderful heated indoor pool for which there is very little competition in Atlantic City. Yet, for one of the hotel's best features, I am totally perplexed, that they choose to close the pool at 6 p.m. on weekdays. Note that at the Revel hotel their pool is open till 8 pm and at the Sheraton their pool is open till 10 pm. The pool at the Trump Taj is extremely popular with kids and it is crowded, and only 1 hour (5 pm to 6 pm) is reserved for adult swim. I will not be staying at the Taj Trump again because the pool hours are limited (despite is popularity) and only one hour is for adult swim. I was informed that the pool hours were curtailed because of low hotel occupancy. Perhaps the management should realize their reverse logic because the low occupancy could be because folk like me choose not to stay with them again because of their limited pool hours. Also, they should realize that despite their low hotel occupancy, the pool was filled with people demonstrating the need for it to be open for more hours on weekdays. I am amazed that the hotel chooses to be penny wise pound foolish by restricting hours on their pool, which is one of their "brightest" and popular feature (note that even the first picture on tripadvisor for the hotel is their swimming pool and not the hotel facade!)

The casino smells of smoke. It would be better if they could keep the air clean like the Borgota! The Indian restaurant at the hotel "ROYAL ALBERT'S PALACE" is overpriced with not so good service. So why am I giving the hotel a 4 star rating? Because the weekday price for a room at the Chairman's Tower offers amazing value for money that's hard to beat.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor on the Chairman's Tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank DravidDesai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We arrived as a tour group 33 people from out of state. We arrived they knew we where there. No one came out to greet us. They said they had no one to do it. Our bus driver finally went and got it. We where comped play and some food vouchers. We where told that our luggage would be brought up. It took 11/2 hour and a phone call to get it up. At around 7:00 pm I went down to eat. I could not find anything open to use the vouchers on that was open. I inquired what was open. I was told this or that was open, when I got there, no it was not. I finally went to guest services and talked to a man named Lou which was very polite and understanding. He finally sent me to the Chairman room which honored my voucher. I was then informed that there where 3 restaurants the vouchers honored. Two where open 7 am to 3 pm. One only from midnight until 11 am the next morning. The buffet was only open on Weekends. We where not told this on their website or when we registered. I do not mind paying but that is not the point. Also, our bus driver was not allowed to park in the casino park areas, he had to park over 12 blocks away, take a cab, his own expense and over 100 dollars to park. There is something wrong with this, when he brings in all these people to gamble. We are not excited about coming here again. People not friendly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travhop
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here thursday through sunday and we loved the room. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was huge with a separate toilet room which is always nice. The shower is huge and has a really nice shower head. It just took a little while for the water to actually get hot. The only thing about that bathroom is they didnt have hand towel holders and they didnt give us any hand towels. We had to ask the maid for some the next day. Most of the room service menu is reasonably priced but it takes a while for it to arrive at your room. All the workers there that we came in contact with were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra money on the chairman tower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tymchakers
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We decided to take a trip to Atlantic City and this was our first time. Our Check in was very mediocre and the desk clerk was new and inexperienced. When she looked at our reservation, she told her co-worker, " this is a paid reservation " making us feel that we were the only one paying for the room and everyone else had a comp room ! She proceeded to tell us that they were sold out of the requested room type and she had a room with a Murphy bed !! NOT !! I asked for a manager and he saw that I had paid for an upgrade to an ocean view king room and was very polite, apologetic and said that since they were sold out of the requested King, he would upgrade us to a king suite ! Now that is promises kept !

We were amazed by our Suite which was on the 34th floor and had an ocean view and was about 1500 sq.ft. While the Suite decor was a little older, it was very clean and well kept up. The best part of the suite was the huge bathroom and Jacuzzi tub and a steam shower room inside the bathroom.. We stayed for two nights and absolutely loved it !! We will be back !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula M
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had such a wonderful time, that I don't even know where to start. Oceanfront clean rooms, great service, it's like a whole city in this beautiful luxurious hotel. Way to go Trump! Every luxury and amenity you can imagine. Top notch shops better than a mall, excellent dining, awesome casinos, late night entertainment, early morning walks on the boardwalk, oceanfront and carnival front rooms. Gorgeous reception area. It's like the whole world is in this resort. The pool and hot tub is relaxing and clean. Staff is great!! Trump is very generous and he shows it in this words can't describe resort!!! I love it and the prices are so reasonable for the location. This gets 100 stars from me!! I will make a special visit for this resort from out of state.

Room Tip: Chairman's tower 29th -33rd floor I prefer 3322 or 3324
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family