5,349 results
All reviewsimax theatercuba librepf changshavana towersfiesta buffetboogie nightsoutdoor poolcomedy clubirish pubocean viewmid weekcorner roomslot machinesself parkinghotel and casinotable gamesquarter
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We left on Jan 3rd at 7:30 a.m.Took us 8 hours to arrive at the Trop due to a snow storm in Ma,R.I,Conn.Otherwise would of been a 6 hr trip. When I made the reservations 3 weeks ago I had requested a smoking room but they did not have one,no big deal seeing we were so tired and just wanted to unpack and get down into the casino and have a few drinks to unwind.We were on the 6th floor in the north tower with no view what so ever,only couls see the other part of the hotel.That was fine as we don't spend much time in the room anyways.On the 2nd night around 11:30 while we were trying to fall asleep a huge crowd gathered in the hallway near our room and started to party.BY 1:A.M. WE COULD NOT TAKE THE NOISE ANYMORE AND I CALLED SECURITY TO COMPLAIN.Well it didn't take security to long to get there to break up the party and to find out that the people didn't even belong there.But really the noise was just to much to handle,and the slamming of the doors.Other than that we don't have no complains as the room was clean and hard to believe but everything worked (that was really a first) We got to dine at Wellington's,thank-you Trop,had 2 breakfast buffets and free slot plays,also saw the movie at IMAX. So all in all we had a great time except for the party in the hallway which was taken care of very fast.Hopefully we can get back there in a few months instead of waiting for August as we always celebrate our anniversary there.Thanks TROP for all that we received.....

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
prebovic, Representative at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2010

Dear Jeri77,

Thanks for making the trip down to Tropicana in the snow storm. You are quite welcome to come back any time you want. Have a very happy anniversary in August.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2010

Bring a Black-light! The Blankets where covered with hard stains Yea guess what that was NASTY, Hey Tropicana get a new cleaning service. Bathroom had hair and makeup all over the sink and floor. Nightlife Providence Night club cool club Horrible DJ sounded like Beginner. I will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank steveba01

Steveba01,

We regret to hear of you dissatisfaction and we thank you for your candid feedback.

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Our recent visit was pleasant, but it was obvious the hotel has cut many of its amenities. We paid for an upgrade for a room in the South Tower (instead of comp) because of the location being closer to the casino and other areas. Not a big deal, but the room was on the end with windows on two sides. You could not get into the bed on right side because it was right against the wall and you literally had to climb into the bed. from the front. There was very little light in the room, no mirror except for the bathroom, torn curtains, holes in the bathroom door, and no bedspread made the room look very cheap. Although with all the talk of how dirty bedspreads are in hotels, maybe that was a good thing. All in all the room was clean except for the coffee pot which appeared to have never been cleaned. There was old coffee in it and the pot smelled. Room service carts from other rooms sat in the hallway all day making the hallway smell too. I guess we were lucky that was all that was wrong. All in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robird
prebovic, Representative at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2010

robird,

Thank you for being such a loyal Tropicana customer over the years. Your comments were very helpful and they have been passed onto our management team. As you probably already know, we take customer satisfaction very seriously and we genuinely appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2010

OH MY GOD!!!!!

This was the most DISGUSTING hotel I have ever been in my WHOLE life. My fiance and I are early 20's. I have stayed in the Havanna Tower before at the trop and enjoyed myself. But this experience has disgusted me to the point I will NEVER EVER RETURN. My fiance goes on deployment to Afghanistan in the middle of January, so we decided to take one last little romantic vacation together. Seeing as I had two comp nights at the trop, we thought, HEY, Atlantic city? Why not? We never should have. They put us in the north tower. By the time we got done driving that day, through the line to check in, and to the room we were exhausted. Unfortunately for us the room was DISGUSTING. Hair EVERYWHERE. The nightstand was falling apart. There was a huge FLUID STAIN on the comforter. I went down to the desk and talked to the manager, who was completely rude. I was appalled. However I decided to suck it up and deal with it so as not to upset my fiance. The whole weekend was terrible. We were both MISERABLE. Fortunately I am a writer for an east coast newspaper, so I am going to try to prevent this from happening to anyone else. Also, my mother is in charge of a HUGE convention that used to host for a week every year in the trop, and after the way we were treated, she is going to cancel that as well. Such a shame, that convention fills up two towers every year. Please, save yourself and your HEALTH and DO NOT VISIT the TROPICANA.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DixeyDarlin86

Dear DixieDarlin86,

On the behalf of Tropicana Casino and Resort, I genuinely express my regret to hear of your disappointment. After reading your comments, I have forwarded them to our management team for deeper review. It is our mission to provide each of our guests with extraordinary service and your feedback will assist us in our efforts of doing so.

We wish you and your fiancé the very best and we sincerely appreciate his dedicated service to our country.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2010

Had a great get away from it all - front desk personnel very friendly and helpful - genuinely glad to have you. Room was always clean, great places to eat, shop and play!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
prebovic, Representative at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2010

Thanks for staying with us, mcsnewjersey! We hope to see you again soon!