5,355 results
All reviewsimax theatercuba librepf changshavana towersfiesta buffetboogie nightsoutdoor poolcomedy clubirish pubocean viewmid weekcorner roomslot machinesself parkinghotel and casinotable gamesquarter
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Tropicana last night. Upon check-in they upgraded us to a Ocean view suite in the south tower. The room was very nice, renovated, clean. We were very pleased. The service at check-in was excellent and the line was not very long.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed July 1, 2014

First time in AC and we couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay. Although a little far from the main boardwalk action (a good 10-15 minute walk), the Tropicana is a world of its own. Great selection of restaurants (and drinks) for everyone, convenience stores to help fill your hotel room fridge and a casino just downstairs for those of you who feel the need to "make change". The beach itself is beautiful with nicely groomed sand. Not as big as Wildwood but the waves are just as fun to boogie board on. We stayed in the Havana tower which was clean and smelled nice (no musky carpet odours). Housekeeping did a great job and the beds were quite comfortable. The more negative comments would have to be the length of time if took to check in at the satellite desk. We arrived at the 4pm check in time and had to wait over 30 minutes in line before being able to get our room keys. The only other down side to our vacation was trying to find something to interest our 14 year old teenage boy. Too old to enjoy the kid arcades and too young to try his luck in the casino. Thank God for iPods. Unless they have other kids their age to hang out with, it might be more of a challenge for them. There's always the hotel pools. So overall, would definitely recommend and stay there again especially with their amazing deals. Sign up on their website and you'll be surprised how inexpensive of a stay you can get. Oh, and parking, only 10$ for your entire stay. Just mention that you're a guest to the parking attendant and they'll give you a pass. There are plenty of hotels to chose from in AC but bring your comfy walking shoes and you'll love the Trop. And if time allows, you're but a mere 45 minute drive away from Wildwood. A place to easily occupy that bored teenager for the day while you can enjoy the beach as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bellanad
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Like many hotels in Atlantic City, the Tropicana's rooms are a little dated. Having said that, the room was spacious and clean, although sparsely furnished. The furniture was chipped, but there was good lighting, and more importantly, the bed was comfortable and the room darkening shades worked well. The room had a king sized bed, a desk, two chairs, and two end tables. The TV (which I didn't use) was pretty old. It was a little noisy; I could hear people in another room (seemed to be a large party). The bathroom was well lit, but lacked a magnifying mirror. The toiletries were 2 bars of soap, shampoo and conditioner.

The front desk was helpful, and the lobby looks great. Also, this hotel has lots of stuff to do - the restaurants are among the best (Carmines, Cuba Libre, the Casa Tequila place). We were only there overnight for a party, so we didn't have a chance to enjoy the ocean or the pool.

Would I stay here again? Yes, primarily because of the entertainment value of the hotel,and the room was adequate. (I once stayed at Bally's - what a dump!). The Trop's location is also good - a short walk to the Pier shops or the outlets. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was one of the more affordable places I could find on the boardwalk - as I was planning a bachelorette party.

I didn't have super high expectations, but it was much nicer than I thought. The staff was all very friendly and check in was quick and easy. We were in the renovated West tower and our rooms were a little basic, but clean and nice.

We had to walk a bit to get to our room, but I really enjoyed it as there is so much to see. I loved the vintage casino charm it had - it wasn't as cheesy as I expected. I didn't like the smell of smoke in the casino, but I know that's just how it is.

The location on the boardwalk and clubs and shops made it the perfect place for a bachelorette party. We booked our rooms several months in advance so we got some pretty good rates.

We went to Boogie Nights one night - I thought it would be empty and a bit awkward but I was so wrong. We went on a $5.00 Friday and the music was awesome and the club was clean and so much fun! You can't take drinks out on the dance floor, but the staff was nice about it and I can see that it would be really dangerous if it got slippery.

I hope to be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the West Tower and had a side ocean view. The rooms were a little basic but clean and nice. I loved walking through The Quarter to get to our room, and there was a starbucks downstairs in the perfect location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caitlinlu
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the North Tower for 5 days, 4 nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. The room was just your standard room with a jacuzzi tub. King bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job. Love staying at the Trop because of the location, the restaurants and the comps. Will definitely go again.

Room Tip: North Tower room was perfectly fine, nothing spectacular, but for the time you spend there, it was adequate. It was quiet at night for the most part and housekeeping did a great job.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple