“Weeknight Special”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at the Tropicana Sunday- Tuesday for the $39. rate & 20. slot credit. Our room was in the Havana Tower with a king size bed, very comfortable, but the fridge in the room was not too cold. Spent our Sunday night at Tango's lounge dancing all night it was great, really enjoyed that place. To get to the indoor pool was a long walk through the casino, but the pool and hot tub were all very nice and worth the long walk. I will go back soon.

Room Tip: If you like the pool, the south tower is best

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Came for business and was a little disappointed to have reserved a non-smoking room and was instead placed in a smoking room. However, the room still was great and did not smell heavily. A bit on the small side but the nice decor and amenities made up for the loss.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at The Trop on a mid-week special (Sun - Thurs) w/a $39 room rate plus a $20 food comp for breakfast at the Fiesta Buffet or Seaside Cafe. I was in the South Tower that is right next to the lobby check-in and close to the casino floor. My room was on the 16th floor; spacious, non-smoking w/a King size firm bed and pillows, a shower stall w/plenty towels. I ate breakfast at the Seaside Cafe (which I felt was a better deal then the Buffet with food already cooked & sitting out under a steamer). All the employees I came in contact with were very professional and seem to like their jobs. I also won some money on the Slots and intend to return again. Thanks Trop for a wonderful overnight stay ;-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dmcwcc1
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I had gone to the Tropicana to celebrate our anniversary. I had stayed there years ago and it really has gone down since then. After entering from the parking garage, there was no easy (and quick) way to get to the front desk to check-in. It was almost a half-hour of walking back and forth and guessing, before we finally checked in.
The room was in the Havana Tower and it was a very far walk from there to the casino. It wasn't just a short elevator ride. Our room was all the way on the other side (not convenient). The room itself has seen better days. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling about halfway up the wall. The night stand looked like it came off a junk pile.
The TV was an old tube TV, maybe a 20" screen and not a flat screen.
The room was missing one of the most basic of items--the "DO NOT DISTURB" card for the door. It may not seem like a big deal. But both mornings that we stayed there, the maid was walking in because there was nothing on the door to tell her not to. My wife was in the shower on one of those days.
Upon checkout, the clerk was very abrupt when I questioned the final bill. I had reserved the room under one credit card, but the final charges were posted to a different one and I did not realize it at first. I was assuming the bill was paid in full on the original card.

4  Thank Anthony D
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room and the service you received during your recent stay.

What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thank you for writing your review. We hope that you will give us another chance to host you the next time you visit AC.

Best Wishes,

David B.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We three BROWNS from Canada just returned home from most relaxing/enjoyable
four days of gambling and dining at the Tropicana. We had not been there for a
couple of years and were most impressed with the improvements that have been
made to make your stay more than expected:
Staff at the restaurants were friendly and service was fast and excellent!!!
Dealers were very upbeat and friendly.
Overall we found the casino very clean and staff on the floor interested in you
having a good time winning or losing plus good service for the comp drinks.
See you in the spring of 2014 !!

" THE BROWNS "

Room Tip: The NORTH TOWER is very convenient to the casino floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night with boyfriend, The rooms are average at best, however it was very inexpensive to stay ($119 a night). We requested a "renovated room", which looks like it was "updated" in the 1980s. At least we had a beautiful ocean view on the 47th floor. The sheets looked a little skeevy. However, it served its purpose for us. The customer service is HORRENDOUS, most of the staff had terrible attitudes and the few times we called the front desk we were hung up on each time. The downstairs of the hotel is wonderful because there is an array of shops, resturant, bars etc. A lot more than many other hotels in Atlantic City, so that was a pleasant surprise. We were able to choose from many different places to grab dinner. The casino is huge too. The shops are nice and reasonable. At night however, the place turns into an absolute zoo. To be quite honest it gets a little dangerous downstairs. People get violent, I saw at least three girls passed out drunk on the floor of the lobby. There were cops everywhere. VERY different experience here in comparison to Harrahs/Revel/Borgata. You really do get what you pay for here. It is more than likely we will not return.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated/updated room.
2  Thank Kaitlin D
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just return from one night at the trop, let me say after reading all the bad reviews I decided to take a gamble. I had a suite in the South Tower 23rd floor which was not ball at all (see pic). When my wife and I arrived check in line was a but long but still moved quick for a friday night around 9.00pm.The guy that checked us in showed excellent customer service. If you like to party and have a nice time this hotel is perfect for you with many places to eat and drink. Dont forget to check out Wet Willies in The Quater.

1  Thank KWimbush