“4 on the Road”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Got to the Trop on the 23rd and left on the 24th for another hotel. The hotel did not give us a discount or playing $$. As did the Valley Forge. Good ole Groupon. Reception wait most uncomfortable no chairs, sofas etc. Good casino made some of my $$ back. Not as good as the Seneca, NY.and we are Canadians. Ate on the boardwalk and the food was not great...no wine in this restaurant. The first restaurant we went to in the hotel very few customers, prices ridiculous for hamburgers so we got up and left. Stores were great. Beds/pillows were comfy and ironically clean and fresh smelling. Rugs should be replaced.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joyce L
Write a ReviewReviews (5,045)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I took an overnight anniversary trip to Atlantic City on a Monday-Tuesday. It was a perfect time to go because the hotel rates were a bargain and there were no weekend crowds. I found my best rate by calling the hotel directly and telling them the rates I had found on the internet and on their website. The customer service lady on the phone gave me a better rate than what I had found online. Our room was FANTASTIC. It was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and I was very impressed with the quality of their curtains. We lucked out with fantastic warm weather. I also chose this hotel because it was one of the very few casinos with Free Wi-Fi in the rooms. We had seen 3D Imax movies here in previous years but we had never stayed the night. I really enjoyed this little vacation. The variety of stores really amazed me. You had the high end Manhattan type brands. There was also a store that was a lot like the Cracker Barrel Country Store, called the Old Farmer's Almanac General Store. My favorite store was the Zeytinia New York's Gourmet Choice. Zeytinia had actual uncut fruit you could buy. It also had a delicious looking hot breakfast choices on a bar that was sold by the pound. There were MANY breakfast items and also fresh cut up fruits that looked delicious. We had already eaten a bland breakfast at the Seaside Café, but I really wish I had know about the Zeytinia. I would definetly have preferred the breakfast in this store. The store sold foods from all around the world. It was a really cool store. Oh, they also sold cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory restaurant. Prices were reasonable for being in a casino.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The restaurants and clubs in tropicana are a good option, but you don't have to stay there to enjoy them nor do you get some sort of discount for being checked into the hotel. The hotel itself is quite dirty and the decor is very outdated. The room we had one bed clearly had stains from bodily fluids and when we called to get the linens changed they just came and dropped the linens off. They just handed it to us and clearly it was our responsibility to change the sheets in our room. What kind of customer service is that? The shower head was broken, spewing water outside of the shower and wetting up the whole bathroom floor. Valet didn't provide good customer service either. In general the level of customer service is quite poor. For the amount they charge the hotel needs to offer better service, clean linens, and updated rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jeanine T
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Even though the rooms seem to be clean, they are in desperate need of remodeling. Good Casino, with easy comp earnings, so if the room is free, its fine for me, otherwise you can find better nearby for the same prices, just check your phone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrewcary11
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is our 4th stay at the Tropicana and we again had a nice time and were happy with our room. Although a bit dated, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the linens spotless. There was a stain on the carpet by the bathroom, but besides that the room was more than fine. We had a nice dinner at Cuba Libre and enjoyed the Magique show that is playing. My hasband was ahead at the slots, and as usually I made my donation to the Trop. We would go again to the Trop without any hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Tropicana a number of times. Our least stay was at the end of September 2013. We received an e-mail offer of $39 per night. We were pleasantly surprised at the room were assigned to on the 6th floor of the North Tower. The room was in relatively good shape, but the furniture appears in need to replacement very soon. I was surprised to see an older model TV instead of the newer flat-screen models. In spite of these minor short-comings the room was comfortable and quiet. (And at $39 / night, it was quite a bargain). The room contains all the usual resort hotel amenities. I'm not so sure that I would pay the "rack rate" for this room, though. The casino is a short ride down the elevator. We always enjoy visiting the shops and restaurants in "The Quarter" as well as dine in the various pubs and restaurants that can be found in the Tropicana "Marketplace."

The hotel is located on the southern beach of Atlantic City... at the intersection of Boardwalk and Brighton. Tropicana is about a 10 minute walk to Convention Hall.

With a generous discount, I would highly recommend a stay at Tropicana Resort in Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Sign up for Tropicana discounts and save big.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eulenspeegel
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The location is great......Casino and comps are great...But the rooms are really bad, except in the South tower and their high roller rooms(2 Floors) in the North tower...Rugs are disgusting, haven't they heard of rug shampoo.....really old TV's..old furniture....the hallways and elevators are dirty....They do not have enough help.....the casino is dirty also.....Restaurants are great...lots of new choices.......W have found dog hair on the floors and hair in the bed....that time we were moved to a fabulous suite.....NEED TO REDO THE ROOMS PLEASE...BECAUSE IF THEY DON'T.....BYE, BYE.......

Room Tip: Ask for the South tower..............
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends