“Great venue for a business conference” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropicana Casino and Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Tropicana Casino and Resort
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Maryland USA
“Great venue for a business conference”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Tropicana mid-week in the off season for a business conference. The conference sponsors arranged an excellent price which I can not imagine is offered during the summer or holidays. My room was well appointed, clean, and everything that would be expected from such a large hotel. Sheets and towels were clean and adequate. The conference meeting rooms were perfectly fine. For the conference price, the room was well worth the cost.

Because it is a casino, and their main business seams to be gambling, the place is like a maze, difficult to find ones way at first, with every turn leading to another casino area. I am not a gambler, but the casino areas are totally dazzling. It is very much like Las Vegas, but with out the strip, and without the shows.

Places to eat within the hotel are expensive, but some are very good. In April, it was cold and rainy, so there wasn't much to do, or places to eat, outside of the hotel. Although I had no delay with check-in and check-out, I saw long, slow lines at various times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New JErsey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed overnight a while ago and it was average by most indicators. The quarter complex in the hotel is nice- good places to eat, with a choice of bars and clubs. Casino was okay staff was nice and variety of games but the dealers had bit of an attitude (off night maybe). Rooms were the biggest disappointment of the hotel as I was placed in the North Tower. It had two twin beds one of which I could barely fit on being a 6 foot 220 pound guy and overall appearance was outdated. Tube tv sitting on dresser, outdated bathroom, scuff marks inside the room, wall paper/bed linens look like something out of the 90's and people shouting in the hallways after last call (does not bother me though). I got room service and it was pretty good but a little expensive.

I have stayed at other casinos and while the quarter complex is nice and expanding its clear that is where management is focusing. Casino staff can be a little more friendly, however the rooms here need a major upgrade.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was looking for my family (w 2 younger kids) for a mid-week vacation in AC and being unacquainted with AC, I searched the web for Hotels and checked ratings from customers. Unfortunately, the ratings and the comments don't match. To my experience, you can always book a hotel rated around 7.5 at no regret, getting what it's worth to you. But here it seemed that despite the ratings just as many guests had made unpleasant experiences as the other way around.
After having spent 3 days in the Tropicana, here is my review. We were placed in the Havanna tower ( that' s the one with the dome ontop which you see in all the pictures), which is according to some reviews a place to be avoided. The room was spacious and clean, although they used quite some air freshener. Yes, they still have old TV's but the picture was ok and I guess it shows the same program as new ones (but then again, who goes to AC to watch TV? ). The beds were great, the room was well cleaned. The furniture is a bit worn, the carpet had stains. All in all nothing great but for 89 $ absolutely ok. As the Havanna tower is a block away from the beach, there is a slight walk required to get to the it. We usually didn't go through the casino which however is no problem even with kids as long as they stay on the pathways. And of course the view is not so spectacular but we had sideways view of the ocean - enough to check the beach weather. At the beach Tropicana rents out umbrellas and chairs. Pricy for a week at 12 for a guest per umbrella/day but then again I didn't see any other hotel do that a mile up or down.
My overall impression of the hotel is that it was in good shape, showing signs of usage (e.g. missing/ broken handle bars in the elevator) but nothing scary. The breakfast buffet came at 20 bucks not too expensive and you can breakfast til one pm. We also tried places in the market place for a bagel and coffee as well as zeytinia, a gourmet fsood store that sells frest foods to consume right there, which are all ok and possibly cheaper. Parking was quick and efficient, and with 10 $ per stay quite cheap (I've just spent some nights in New York and Boston where we paid 38$- per night!). And since the pick-up is in the Havanna tower all the better for us.
I mentioned my wife's birthday to the receptionist and thought a little extra would have been nice but didn't expect anything. We did spend a great evening at Morton's in Caesars palace though that night.
Only thing really not in line with the overal appearance is the way to small indoor pool, which closes at 6 pm. The outdoor pool was already closed as they shut it because of rain (why, to not get wet?) That is something they really need to do something about.
All in all we enjoyed our stay, there was nothing serious to complain about with regards to courtesy, attentiveness, cleanliness or else.
I guesss it comes down to what you want. If you want Las Vegas, go there, if you want Disney World, fly to Orlanda, if you want cosy beach houses, got to Cape May. And if you want to party like hell, then you can do that, but don't complain about the prices on weekends if you are part of the crowd that causes it. AC has a little of all of that, in a curious, quite unique mixture that was fun to watch. We enjoyed it, and I could imaging staying there again.

Room Tip: South and north towers have direct ocean view and each tower has a pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Stefan L
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The only staff member that we have contact was with lobby and they dry. Room was dirty. The sheets has blood stain. Very basic room. There was not much to offer. Don't think I'll ever go again. Did not like it

6 Thank Linette1982
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was at the Trop 3 years ago and I was pleased with my stay, but my stay this time was awful. The rooms were okay but the staff is incredible rude. They charged us for an extra trash can. There wasn't a trash can in the room. Even the staff at the restaurants were rude. The food is overpriced for what you get. I wanted to go home after the first day but it's my parents anniversary so I'm sticking around. I won't stay here again.

4 Thank Jag5440
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your previous stay with us. We greatly appreciate your patronage.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with our service levels during your most recent stay with us.

What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thank you for writing your review. We hope that you will give us another chance to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Decided to stay here because its location on the strip along with them having swimming pools. Not getting here until later in the day and trying to get situated in our rooms we decide to take a swim only to find out both indoor and outdoor pools close at 6pm. We brought our children with us although they are older it was still disappointing to find them closed. If I would have known this before booking I'm certain I would have tried to find a place that the pools stay open later and not have to have paid as much.

2 Thank Tweeter0466
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my hubby birthday the room in the south tower was good all modern . The bed was ok just don't like sleeping on plastic it seem as though they use some type of mattress protection which made me sweat . The stay was good the only complaint was we stayed wed - Saturday on Friday we booked the Boggie night package which included cover change and breakfast but when we went to get breakfast we were told it was not on our card but at check in we were told just go and show card and its free NOT . After going through customer service we were told because the price dropped we no longer get the free breakfast . This was a very embarrassing experience . To be turned away after we was told we get it . Not sure if we will go back very miss leading .

1 Thank cblady