“Save your $” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Save your $”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is dirty, overpriced, and full of riff raff. The rooms are gross, and the people that stay here are mostly young college kids looking to get drunk until 6am. On Sunday's everyone checks out at 11am on the dot and it's impossible to use the elevators.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank kp8334

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Tropicana casino for over 10 years and have seen it go downhill rather quickly. We had not stayed there in 2 years and were surprised at the state of disrepair. The room (in the north tower) was large but very shabby. Rugs were very worn, lots of stains everywhere, walls marked up. On the casino floor, many of the machine were out of service. There were long lines everywhere. Staff was friendly. The restaurants were good but overpriced. Next year, my husband and I will take our business to another casino that's not so rundown and dumpy.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.

We are delighted to hear that you have been a regular customer of ours over the past 10 years. We greatly appreciate your patronage.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room.In an effort to improve the guest experience, the North Tower standard hotel rooms will receive upgraded 42” LCD televisions. The new TV project is currently underway.

What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thank you for writing your review. We hope that you will give us another chance to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Dalton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you stay here do not book a room in the North Tower, it is very old, musty, nothing works and is run down, our smoke alarm went off all night so we did not get any sleep the first night, the next day they gave us a food credit and they upgraded us to a suite in the west tower for the remainder of the our stay and those accommodations were excellent. The employees are very nice and the service they provide is good.

Room Tip: do not stay in the north tower, stay in the havanna tower or the west tower
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I used to go to tropicana once a week. I recvd a $15 slot play coupon which I could not redeem. I went to the players club for help. The rep was nice and tried to help. He called his supervisor who informed me I wasn't entitled to the credit and where did I get the email......then the other rep said you don't spend enough money with us which is why you're not entitled to this. They did give me the credit after i fought with them but I was so disgusted with the way I was treated that I left without using it. I did not wish to give the tropicana one more dollar of my hard earned money. I used to go to the trop regularly. However I don't spend enough money. I have a premium players club card. So I will take my money elsewhere

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisajb681
Naples, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Everything was great, Check in, corner room in North Tower, Hooters, the Deli, the Bar on the first Floor, the maid service, the table games, the video poker machines, the price Sunday through Wednesday. Can't wait to go back. I had been on the road the previous month and a half so I know a little bit about hotels and motels.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Well arriving was horrible...all we could smell was alcohol and cigarettes, and that sure didn't help my asthma! It was an extra $40/night deposit, plus an extra $10/night fee, and $10/ day parking that we were not aware of! It is a lot of activities to do, but the hotel itself is run down and needs some serious remodeling! The vents in the room were caked up with dust and was horrible!! Had to wear socks in the room due to the dingy carpet(stayed in the north tower). On the plus side it was our first time in AC, and there was so much to do! We didn't stay in our room but to sleep, and it was right on the boardwalk which was awesome. It's a lot cheaper than some of the other casinos, and u can go to them all anyway so might as stay someone cheap! The Karaoke bar was pretty awesome...it's an average place to stay for a good time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
DeLand, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was very dissapointed...our room was a mess...mold on the bathroom...the matress was out of shape my head was lower than my feet........the lights on the closet did not work......the table lamps did not work......there was broken sprinklers in the closet.....The curtains have dust ...was a pure disaster room.I will not stay there again....on the positive side there is a nice shopping area and nice restaurants.......also the parking was convinient.......

Room Tip: Not the north tower.....
    • 5 of 5 bubbles