“Great place to eat or have fun .... do not sleep here!!”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Media, Pennsylvania
“Great place to eat or have fun .... do not sleep here!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in West Tower 3615. Horrible room. Stained chair, minimalist decor, ugly navy blue walls. Halls were full of partying 20 somethings cursing and yelling until 5:30 am. Never stay on a Saturday night. Seems like they cater to kids renting rooms to party. Long walk through casino to elevator towers to get to room. Bathroom just so so. No bespreads, windows dirty. Lots of shopping and restaurant choices in hotel but the room was disgraceful for $300.00 a night! Run don't walk from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jacklyn25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,182)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Do not stay here.

From the moment I checked in I had serious problems with this hotel. At check-in the employee screwed up and it cost me over $400. I had used a third-party to book the room and paid before arriving. The employee at the front desk charged my card again! She then informed me the money wouldn't be back in my account for four days and that the hotel could do nothing about it.

In the morning I went to Concierge to complain about this and they were short, snipy and actually had the nerve to tell me that it was a holiday weekend and they were very busy and could do nothing to help me. They acted as though it was my fault that they charged me incorrectly and were completely unapologetic. I asked to speak to the manager and the employee rolled her eyes in my face and went to get him. The Manager was terrible as well. He came out from his office and stood in front of me with his arms crossed and said not a single word. I then retold my story and he responded with 'the money will be back in four days. There is nothing else we can do about.' Now I didn't expect them to give me a free room but a nice apology and maybe a free brunch was the least they could do. But no he just glared at me and refused to acknowledge that I had any right to complain over the fact my account had been inappropriately charged more then $400.

Moving on to the room, I stayed in the West Tower. There was mold in the bathroom and the tub was clogged. The sheets had stains on them!

The casino staff was nasty as well. My friends and I were carded multiple times, which i do not mind b/c we look young. But one security guard asked to see the ID of one of my friends by approaching us and saying, 'Can I see the ID of the little girl?' Just constantly rude and condescending. A roulette dealer was literally making fun of a woman's strong accent that was playing. Mocking her and talking in a fake Chinese voice.

I was amazed that the amount of money the hotel demanded would result in such terrible service at all levels. The only positive experience I had was A Dam Good Deli and resort Salon. I did have fun while there, the clubs were excellent and drinks were reasonably priced but overall I will never be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Caitlyn88
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Tropicana

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room and the service you received. What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thanks for the review. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

dated (even with renovations) & not much attention to detail, but the rooms are a pretty good size, the staff is warm & helpful, and everything you could want to eat or drink is at your fingertips. if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep so that you are close to ac's action AND noise, this is the place.

• Stayed January 2013
lodi, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Tropicana five times in the last two years. The rooms are a bit out of date but was fine for our needs. Who stays in the room most of the time anyway. The price has always been reasonable and the staff helpful for all my needs. My wife and I enjoy the shopping and eating area called The Quarter. It is modern strip in the casino with great shops and good restaurants. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the recently upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Ok, I gave this place another try. We decided to upgrade to a better part of the hotel " the Havana Towers" on a Saturday night. We were happier with our room than the low budget rooms, however these upgraded rooms are by no means swanky, pretty or Latin styled. They need a drastic upgrade. They could start with new mattresses. Our king bed was hard, lumpy, uncomfortably - and not conducive for people to sleep in. Come on Tropicana !?! Why spend all that money creating a casino experience with a Latin inspiration, and then build a"Havana Tower" that is ugly, uninspired and has the worst beds in AC ?! I gave you another chance and after I spent my money in your casino, at your bars, at your restaurants and your stores, the least you could do was give me a bed worth a good nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Darcie R
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with the bedding in your room. What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Sincerely, David
Greenbelt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for a bachelor party. Check in took about 20 mins due to standing in line at the satellite desk. Very busy. The room was a bit dated but I did not mind. It was sufficient for what we needed it for. A place to sleep. We had a double queen bed and the price was right.

We ate at carmines which was excellent.

The craps tables here were the only tables on the strip we could find with a $5 min. All others were $10/$25. Also, by the table games and during peak hours there are 2 attractive women dancing on stage. The first night no cocktail servers came around. The 2nd night I had a fresh drink every 10 mins.

There were loud people til late in the morning but hard to notice when intoxicated and with earplugs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tioga, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first time for five days for our honey moon. We loved it so much we went back a couple years later and dragged our best friends along with us. It's an absolutely gorgeous place and there is so much to do you barely need to leave the resort but a trip to the outlets is fun. The only thing that bummed us out about both trips were the beds. They are hard and uncomfortable, but other than that we had a great time and everyone was friendly, even the black jack dealer we had went out of his way to be extra nice. Really a great place to stay and we will be going back and I don't think we'll ever stay anywhere else

Room Tip: The Havana tower is our favorite
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple