Tropicana Atlantic City
$262
$197
  • Pool
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$269
$259
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$250
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$243
$233
Caesars
  • Beachfront
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$299
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$254
$197
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Chelsea Pub and Inn(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$260
$359
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$329
$306
Agoda.com
5,214 results
All reviewscuba libreimax theaterpf changshavana towersfiesta buffetboogie nightsoutdoor poolcomedy clubirish pubocean viewmid weekcorner roomslot machineshotel and casinotable gamesquartercarmines
Reviewed December 9, 2012

While searching for hotels in Atlantic City for a business trip, I look for price and internet access. Tropicana met both requirements and my wife and I spent the weekend here. The hotel and casino were great. My wife was impressed by the shops available and the restaurants we ate in were pretty darn good. The room however was not impressive. Like many other reviewer said, they are outdated and old. This is the first hotel we have stayed in in a long time that had the old box style TV's and not a flat screen. Our room was right next to an elevator so we were awakened frequently by the loud drunks heading back to there rooms, which some didn't make it! :-) And of course the walls were paper thin and you could here everthything. It did meet my requirements though; the price was right and the internet was free. If you can deal with the room issues, its really a nice place!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pghcop6
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Quarter with its many restaurant and shopping options.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with your room. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team.

Thanks again for the review, we hope that you give us another opportunity to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed here with my boyfriend for the last 3 years for a trade show he goes to for his business. The rooms are clean and a good size. Customer service has been excellent any time we needed it. The casino is getting a little tired looking. I was disappointed this year because my favorite shop in the Quarter was gone, and they are replacing it with something new, a candy store. The restaurants are nice. We ate at the sports bar upstairs. The guys from the show loved it, they serve $5 40oz beers. We also ate at the Irish pub, the food there was very good, we both ate the prime rib. The spa is wonderful. Overall a good value for the money. The location is nice, you can walk to many other casinos.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank DS1204
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tropicana spent a huge amount of money remodeling the Quarters. Upscale restaurants, shops, and night clubs. However, this is all for show. If you actually stay at the hotel you will be more than disappointed. The rooms are old and dirty. They are a throwback from the 80's which I believe the lat time the bedspreads were changed. The bathroom was also dirty and the tub tiles chipped and falling off. We laughed this all off and never complained. However during the night things got scary. We had people banging on our door and the external walls. They were screaming in the hall ways. We called the front desk but they never arrived. This went on from 12:00am to 6:00am. I was with my children and was frieghtened. When I checked out at the front desk and told them this, they just kind of gave me a blank stare. Stay away form the Tropicana!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Denise H
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share how your recent stay with us was.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room and the service you received at Tropicana.

What you describe is not the normal standard at the Tropicana. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you encountered

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Thanks again for the review. We hope that you will give us another chance to host you the next time you visit Atlantic City.

Best Wishes, David B.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Tropicana has fun for any age. We are Seniors and we love to stay at this casino. We have stayed in the Havana Tower many times. We cannot wait to be invited back with the comp rooms offered. We also were invited to a Slot Tournament. The choice of restaurants is wonderful. So glad this casino is up and running after Hurricane Sandy.

Room Tip: Higher Floors away from the Elevators
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kps2play
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Tropicana provided the worst customer service experience my girlfriend and I have ever had. The hotel is staffed by the absolute dregs of the service industry recruitment pool; politeness and manners are thrown out the window. The only advice I can offer to anyone who's unfortunate enough to currently be putting up with the dour, rude, humourless cretins working at this hotel is :
Pack your bags,
And leave tonight.
Don't take your time.

Room Tip: Choose the Caesar's or Bally's over the Tropicana.. far superior customer service. Staff in these resorts actually have a modicum of professionalism compared to the dregs they found to work in the Tropicana.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank chico_rodriguez

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are sorry to hear how disappointed you were with the service you received during your stay.

What you describe is not the normal standard at the Tropicana.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have passed your review on to on to our Senior Management Team for resolution.

Once again, thanks for your review.

Sincerely, David B.