“Great!!!”

Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Camden, New Jersey, United States
“Great!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We trully enjoy our experience here, I would recommend this casino to anyone, very clean, friendly staff, very helpful, and overall magnificent place!!!!!!
The food was excellent, the shopping areas are great, and the entertainment was very pleasing.

Room Tip: so far all of the different rooms that we have stayed in are all to our satisfaction!!!!
2 Thank ACS1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,193)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I’ve been playing at Trop for about 8 years; I was just there this past Tues. and Wed. night before Thanksgiving. With this fine Black Friday off of work I happen to be bored enough to put some random thoughts onto electronic paper:

Positive: My wife and I were there because of free 2 weekday room comps, so that promotion worked on me. I don’t think I would have burnt more than one vacation day for a trip to the Trop. They upgraded us to a deluxe room with a little living room, I guess since it was Tuesday and the place was dead, that was the first time I saw one of those rooms in 8 years, I feel special. They also gave us a later 12:00 check-out with no problem, which helped us work around the 10:59 elevator rush, I appreciate that. The Blue Mercury spa was good for my wife as usual; she’s not big on gambling or drinking. I do wish they would throw some spa discounts/comps/coupons/bundles or something to the customers once in a while though since we can’t afford to be going to the spa more than once in a blue mercury. With a good coupon maybe I’d go to a spa for the first time ever. I’m glad I recently discovered the Havana coupons button on the player card machine, I used the buy one get one free meal at Adam Good Sports bar. I’m all about coupons but I don’t dig or beg for them, you gotta hand them to me.

Negative: Comp’s have gotten WAY too tight in the past few years - 5 years or so ago they would give me a free weekend rooms and enough comp $’s to actually buy a meal. I have not been given a weekend room in years now and after a few recent trips my comp balance is like $2.36, what a joke! I have a job, so I’m a weekend gambler, I can rarely go down the shore from Philly on a week night. The poker room is dead on the weekdays anyway. I know Trop isn’t the best place for poker but Trop was just my casino (up until now) and I only play poker around 25-50% of my time. Drink service is slow everywhere but the poker room. Seaside has taken away the Orange Juice from the American Sunrise breakfast, this sounds so small but that was my breakfast and I refuse to pay 4.50 for an OJ. Yeah, I notice these things. And my bagel was clearly toasted like an hour before I arrived. I hope someday a Trop Hotel manager with some brains might change the terrible voice message recording they have when I call to make a room reservation. They have used the same asinine recording for at least 8 years – maybe give me some useful information on a recording or staff enough people to pick up the phone, or at least keep the thing at one volume level so I can put it on speaker phone at low volume. “YOU HAVE REACHED THE TROPICANA RESERVATION DEPARTMENT!……..”, yeah, I know who I called, thanks for yelling it in my ear 50 times. Where can a Philly guy get a damn soft pretzel in this joint? The one place downstairs with a pretzel box didn’t even have it turned on, you’re killing me. 5 points for free parking? What if I just need to drive out real quick to find a soft pretzel? How come the more I play the less points I get? How about 5 years of me giving you my money….. Pool closes at 6pm, I know hotels like to close them this early for god knows what reason, but how about having 6-10pm be adult swim or something? There’s nothing to do there other than gamble and eat + drink, especially considering the Imax movie selection blows. I wouldn’t even know how to figure out what “shows” they might have at the Tropicana (maybe add that to the recording). In 8 years I have yet to even be aware of a single show or event going on at the Trop, maybe throw a brother a ticket to something? Or at least mention it at the hotel desk. I’m not gonna read 50 billboards on the way down to figure it out. I know that’s their strategy to get you to do nothing but gamble, but what do they want me to do when I’m not doing well that particular day or what do they want my wife and I to do at night, she’s not a big gambler or clubber. Look for another casino I guess. Most importantly, what’s up with the Yo-eleven being so elusive this past Wednesday from 12-3:30am?

Looks like Negative outweigh the positive, so guess what, after 8 years I’m looking for a new AC destination…

5 Thank BooLennox
Greenfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed there 3 times and had a wonderful time, every time. I don't believe that I should be required to write 200 characters. What I want to say should be sufficient. kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkkdkdkdkdkdkdkkdkdkdkdkkdkdkdkkd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary P
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed November 22, 2012

After living in Zone A and experienceing Hurricane Sandy, my spouse and I were thrilled that the Tropicana was open and we could get away from our ravaged neighborhood for a night. We were placed in the Havana Tower. We have stayed at the Tropicana before but never in this wing. The room was surprisingly unappealing. The carpet was very stained, the furniture was chipped and the wallpaper was dirty in places. However, the room was large and the bathroom was clean. Our view was a parking lot. We ate dinner at Carmine's and went to sleep at about 11:00PM. At 1:37AM there was loud banging on our door. My husband jumped out of bed and asked who was there and told that person he had the wrong room. We continued to hear banging on other doors and called security. Security never came to our door to follow up. A short while later, as we were trying to get back to sleep, we again heard POUNDING on our door. Now we started to get really nervous. We again called security and asked that them to come up (we should have called 911 at this point but I suppose we were so tired and nervous that it never occured to either one of us. We now feel really stupid that we didn't ). A few minutes later we thought that we heard pounding again in the hallway and we called security. Finally, the pounding was at our door along along with some scary verbal stuff. We hid in the bathroom with the door locked just in case the front door got knocked in. This time security finally showed up -we could hear this because the bathroom was right next to the front door- and we listened to the conversation between the person and security. The person did not show ID and had no room key. At this point, I believe the police should have been involved. This individual was tresspassing, harassing and terrifying hotel guests. I believe (according to what I was later told) that this intruder was escorted off premises after which he walked back into the hotel and began pounding on our door AGAIN - for the forth time. I called security, told them to come back up and that we wanted to be escorted by security to another hotel room immediately. By this time the intruder had left or maybe was pounding on someone else's door on another floor. Security never showed and when we called they caually handed us off to the front desk. It was a clerk who finally came, walked us to the elevator (it was close to 3:00AM) and we found our new room on our own. All I can say is that at least the carpet and the furniture in this room were in better shape. We were pretty unnerved and wound up and contemplated driving home but decided that it wasn't a good idea to drive in our state of mind and with so little sleep. Needless to say, we both jumped at any noise outside our door and had a lot of trouble sleeping. The next morning we went to the front desk and asked to see a manager. The clerk told us the manager was busy but offered us a 20% discount on the room. We asked to see the manager again and this time he came out and told us that the hotel was not responsible for what had happened. Really? The Tropicana IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY OF THEIR GUESTS? Individuals who are not registered guests are free to roam the halls and scare the life out of paying guests? This individual might have been drunk or perhaps he was a psychopath or a schizophrenic with a knife or gun on his person. If you want to spend the day in Atlantic City and then enjoy a good night's sleep in a safe environment in a hotel where the management actually shows concern for their guests then choose a hotel other than the Tropicana!

Room Tip: Havana Tower rooms are older with dirty capets and chipped furniture.
10 Thank JLW05
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us.

We are are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered.

We strive to make the security and safety of our guest a priority at the Tropicana.

What you describe is not the normal standard at the Tropicana. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thanks for your review.

Sincerely, David B.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Jackson, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Tropicana is my favorite casino. We have been coming there for years. We are treated well.
I have had many a good night there including one in which I hit the quarter triple poker for $63,000.00 .i would like to see the joker poker machines have more five of a kinds and straight flushes.

3 Thank Theresa V
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 20, 2012

the Tropicana has added a new wing the Havanna Towers very nice rooms, we went after Hurrican Sandy so there was no room service and a few of the stors on the lower level were closed but evrything was still nice

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kenn081
Cape May, NJ
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived at the Tropicana and checked into the Havana Tower. Asked for a non smoking king room on a high floor when making the reservation which they did honor. The room was on a corner so we had a great view of AC and the ocean. The room left a lot to be desired. The carpet was horribly stained and very old. The bed only had one side table and lamp although there was ample room for a table on both sides so reading in bed was Ok for one person but not both of us. No chairs in the entire room except the desk chair which was ridiculous. No place to sit! The bathroom was clean and the bed seemed OK but not great. Although we were on a non-smoking floor the entire building reeked of smoke - yuck. Definitely trying another hotel on our next visit to AC.

2 Thank CAPEMAY737
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the breath taking view from your room.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with the shape of your room.

We are committed to offering our guests an exceptional room product experience. Please accept our apologies.

I have passed your comments on to our Senior Management Team. I can assure you that they will get to the bottom of your complaint.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you the next time you DO AC.

Sincerely, David B.