“Corner suite South Tower Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Casino and Resort

Tropicana Casino and Resort
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Wayne, NJ
“Corner suite South Tower Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Two walls of large windows can't be beat; had they been clean would have been perfect. Typical suite means that there is a love seat in your room...not two rooms, but it was nicely decorated and very airy. We had to pay $50 extra on the weekend, but for us it was worth it. During the week there is no charge for upgrade, if a suite is available.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bearmate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,088)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bear, Delaware, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was given an adjoining room in the South Tower even though I did not know the other party. No big deal did I think until later that night at around 12mid when the guy decided to strangle and beat on his girlfriend. I called security and reported the incident. They talked to the coup,e, who denied everything and security never talked to me, my sister, or my frightened daughter or niece. Well I called and asked for a room change since we all felt unsafe. After 30 minutes we finally ot to a new room by 2am. When I checked out and asked to speak with a manger about this crime I was told it was the luck of the draw of who we stayed next to and they were not responsible for anything. I explained I thought the hotel was responsible for my safety. But I guess I thought wrong. Wonder if the abusive thug received a comp because he may have gambled?
What a disappointment in management and to have my niece and daughter exposed to such violence still upsets me. Never will I stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
7 Thank Tina H

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Cumberland, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I want to be as honest as possible about this experience. We booked last minute on expedia before a five hour drive from MD. Our stay is to be for sat., sun., and mon nights. Even the long wait to check in didn't bother us as its was Sat night after all. When we entered the room ( after tipping the lovely bell man a 20) we were shocked at the dated decor but that isn't enough to leave a bad review for me. The tv was about a twenty inch old tube style and the mini fridge wasn't cold....still just glad to be here...well the next morning after a shower the hair dryer wouldn't work and yes we tried everything! I really wasn't mad but a couple hours later after losing 700 on the crap table i told my husband we should see if they would move us to a nicer room since it was Sunday and people were filing out. The two of us went back to check in and dealt with an Indian lady who couldn't have been any more cranky! I gently ( as I believe in the whole fly honey business) explained everything from the big line in our t v to the fridge and hair dryer not working trying to perhaps even upgrade us for our next two nights since there is nothing going on here on Mon and Sun. Only after telling her about the big holes in our drywall did she agree to move us. Guess what IDENTICAL room three floors up...same crappy tv and wall paper peeling everywhere! We love playing poker at the trop and my husband drops a load on craps. Should have gone back to Harrahs or Borgata. if they wouldn't of had the rooms it would be different, buts its like a ghost town here and they just lost two good customers...and when ask about our gambling comp cards. We told them we never use them anymore...we only come twice a year and our comps always expired. One more thing, after the lady asked us about comp cards my husband wanted to get a new one and while waiting in line an older nice lady asked if we came here often and proceeded to tell us they weren't doing very good and had to let employees go...Trop, you made us feel like common trash....and we've been loyal customers for many years...rob and Jen Klingler

Room Tip: Dont stay in the havana towers...its from the 80s
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jennifer K
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was Sept 27th andour 60th anniversary and we were given a nice very clean room in the north tower and convenient to all their facilities, you no doubt receive many letters and calls of complaint each day. Well I'd like to turn the tables and say a kind word on behalf of your employees. From the minute we arrived we were treated cheerfully and informed about the many activities. The bell hop (Bill) retrieved our luggage from the car to our room and to call him if we needed anything. We went to the IMAX and the admission supervisor (Laurie Rodrigus) clued us in on the movie and free pop corn on Thursdays and suggested we use the coupon for half off for admission to the comedy club. We had great breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant (t g.). I found\d out the only way to improve your luck is to stop gambling. Otherwise we had a great time .thanks again.

Room Tip: hotel resturants are not only good but very reasonable.call abu\out shows and what's playing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a comp night at the Trop and stayed Sunday into Monday at the end of August. We had heard the South Tower was nicer then other's so we requested it and opted for a suite for $30. Since our stay was comped the upgrade was a no brainer. The suite was very large with an ocean view.

After we checked in we headed to the outdoor pool on the sixth floor of the North Tower. It was a little hard to find and we had to ask for directions from a hotel worker. I have to say that the website makes the pool sound a bit swankier then it actually is. The chairs and decor could use an update. However, overall we got some good sun and had a nice afternoon lounging on their sun deck.

Restaurants: The Trop has many restaurants to choose from such as Cuba Libre, FIN, Carmine's, The Palm, Fiesta Buffet, Seaside Cafe (have eaten here many times with comps and it is always delicious with decent service). They really have whatever you might be in the mood for. We ate at the Metropolitan at the Borgata because we were seeing Kathy Griffin perform there.

NightLife: I have spent several trips bar hopping in the quarter of the Trop and on a Friday or Saturday night it is always packed with people. However, we should have stayed at the Borgata after our show because on a Sunday night you could hear a pin drop at the Trop around 11:30pm. We ended up at a bar on the casino floor talking with a bartender who said the Trop had really cut down on night life activities such as DJ's. He said it has put a damper on the scene in the Trop.

We ate breakfast at the seaside cafe and checked out. Overall, it was another nice stay at the Tropicana.

Room Tip: South Tower was lovely and less noisy then the West Tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley724
vincentown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sign up online to receive great room rates as low as $49 per night! We love the Havana Tower, and the Quarter is so convenient! Check in is always efficient, and the valets are fast and friendly! There are many restaurants to choose from in the Quarter, from the Palm, Red Square, Maggianos, and Irish Pub, Hooters, and of course, all the buffets.

Room Tip: Havana towers is great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went down to Tropicana A.C. for their Halloween extravaganza and it didn't disappoint. Even though our friend Sandy would be their in less than 24 hours it was business as usual! the bars and clubs were great and the room service was quick and good!! would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends