5,350 results
All reviewsimax theatercuba librepf changshavana towersfiesta buffetboogie nightsoutdoor poolcomedy clubirish pubocean viewmid weekcorner roomslot machinesself parkinghotel and casinotable gamesquarter
Reviewed March 11, 2012

First I lived in New Jersey my whole life and I can say we have some of the nicest and most genuine people anywhere in the world. On the other hand there are some real jerks here as well, but everyone we met who worked for The Tropicana was special. The HR person must work very hard to select such helpful and friendly people. Even at 1:30am when we arrived the young man at the checkin counter made sure we were happy with our room. The maid was friendly and attentive as well. I will venture to saythateveryone we asked a question to was smiling, and enthusiastic in the approach to give us an answer. Well Done Tropicana we will be back.

Room Tip: Go to achotelexperts.com to book the room and get food vouchers, and Tickets to the Comedy Stop for the price of the rooms alone.
1  Thank robmacdl
Reviewed March 10, 2012

You would think a hotel charging 125 dollars a night would supply body lotion. NOT!!! We stayed in the North Tower and there wasn't any body lotion in our room. I called the front desk & was told I'd have to call housekeeping. I asked to be transferred & was disconnected.
I called houskeeping & asked if two bottles of lotion could be sent to our room. After 20 minutes, I called again & was told someone would be right up.. Finally after 30 minutes she arrived with the lotion. Is there some kind of racket going on so that housekeeping get a tip when they come to your room & bring your lotion? I have news for them. I don't tip for something that's suppose to be supplied. I've stayed at Quality Inn's & they have lotion in the room. On the elevator, I asked two ladies that got on at a lower floor if there was lotion in their room & they said no--they had to call housekeeping. No showercaps are provided either. On our next trip to AC, we'll probably stay at Trump. We played slots there for a few hours & a lady staying there overnight said her room was supplied with lotion.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank Jill10
TropicanaAC, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Tropicana Casino & Resort.

I apologize for any disappointment you experienced with our in room amenities.

We strive to make every part of your stay with us enjoyable and that includes our in room amenities. I have passed your comments on to our senior management team who I am sure will look further into the situation.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you back the next time you visit Atlantic City.

Sincerely, David B.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

the trop has a lot to offer - we spend a lot of time in AC and really enjoy both the gaming and accommodations at the trop HOWEVER there are good deals to be had so if you have to pay full price there are nicer newer hotels. I will say the locations is great..right on the beach/boardwalk so even if you don't gamble or want to get out there is lots to do. indoor and outdoor pools are tiny- and out door pool is crazy crowded in summer. When hungry there are lots of options at different prices or try the the country kitchen restaurant next door is good for delicious cheaper meals.

2  Thank davida70
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Our group of 46 people arrived at the Tropicana on March 4. We eventually learned that the Tropicana is in bankruptcy and is being taken over by the state of New Jersey. Our bus arrived at approximately 3 pm, and we were told that we could NOT have our room keys until 5 pm...they were not ready. We wandered around the casino for two hours with hand luggage and our coats on. By the time we were settled in our rooms it was 5:30. Our luggage, however, which was supposed to be delivered to our room, did not arrive until after 6. So we ended up hanging around our room until our luggage arrived. We do NOT smoke and yet ended up in a SMOKING room on the 36th floor. We considered changing rooms, but decided not to because there was so much hassle getting into our room in the first place. and we were afraid our luggage would end up lost if we switched.

We asked several employees how to get to the West Tower from the transportation center. Only one knew. We walked round and round lost. No maps were given to us when we arrived, and people ended up wasting time trying to figure out how to find places.

We went to the Fiesta buffet for dinner.and breakfast. ...a huge quantity of food but the food was not prepared well. Hair in the food too. Carmine's restaurant was good but way overpriced. Pasta entrees ran $28 to $32, and other entrees tan as high as $42.

The staff was cut drastically due to the bankruptcy. Hence the place was not clean. We learned that the Fiesta buffet would close the day after we ate there, and would not reopen until the late spring. Many employees had such indifferent looks on their faces. Probably not a good place for them to work in.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a NON-SMOKING ROOM.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank Judy D

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Tropicana. We really appreciate it.

First, please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you might of experienced during your March 4th stay with us. The issues you describe are not the norm here at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. I have passed your comments on to our Senior Management Team. I can assure you that they will get to the bottom of your complaint.

As far as the Bankruptcy claim. I am sorry for any misinformation you might of received. Tropicana Casino & Resort is not in Bankruptcy. We are part of Tropicana Entertainment Inc. who owns and operates nine casinos and resorts in Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey and Aruba. Tropicana Entertainment properties collectively have 5,750 rooms, 8,300 slot positions and 240 table games.

In closing, thanks again for your review. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you again the next time you visit Atlantic City.

Sincerely, David B

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Staff at the fiesta buffet are very friendly and helpful. I love my VIP rep Ms C. Burke, very accommodating and extremely friendly.Self parking is great

1  Thank TERESITAMorganville