Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$45
Caesars
  • Beachfront
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Beachfront
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$75
BestWestern.com
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$76
Courtyard
$98
$75
Hotels.com
$67
  • Pool
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
$159
20,454 results
All reviewswaterfront towerwaterfront buffetharrahs acpool partyafter darkget awaytotal rewardsslot machinescasino floortable gamesfood courtgreat casinoindoor poolfunmccormickbayviewsammy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Hotel/Casino were very nice, room was beautiful, new pool area (bar,pool outside sunning area) was quite impressive. The only negatives were the limited food options. The buffet closed at 9pm, and wasn't open during the week for breakfast. How disappointing! The other 2 small "delis" always had lines which was upsetting when just trying to get a cup of coffee or snack.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank Chris3051
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I stayed here on a Sunday night for a birthday present for my husband. We took the bus from Manhattan ($31 a person, round trip), where we had to get off at ceaser's. Pro: The bus company gives each person a ticket for $20 - cash! - if you have or get a rewards card with the hotel (which is owned by Harrha's and has many benefits, well worth getting the card). Con: there is a shuttle bus that takes people from the Harrahs hotels (bally's, ceaser's, showboat and harrah's) for free if you are a rewards member, but if you aren't an upper tier member you have to be checked in to get the free shuttle. Since we couldnt check in until we actually GOT to harrah's, we were stranded at Ceasers being offered $13 cab rides to go only 2 miles. Take the jitney for $2 a person.

The Total Rewards card got us the $20 a person, the free shuttle (once we finally got there), and is the basis for comps, etc. We also went to Harrahs.com before and signed up for their newsletter, which gave us a coupon for a free drink at their large bar on the casino floor (with the card). Also free parking with the card. Well worth it.

So we finally get the hotel - it is HUGE. It reminded me of a brand new cruise ship. It had everything you could every need without leaving the air conditioning. Check in was about 5 minutes, and easy. I paid $279 (this IS high season) for a package that included a bay/city view, 2 buffets (which are normally $30 a piece), and 2 tickets to the Movin' Out show (don't bother unless you LOVE dance theatre). A very good deal with the buffets included.

The room was large, with a desk, king bed, large dresser/tv armoire, couch, coffee table, sitting chair, etc etc. No complaints about the room at all. Very cold (like I like it) and in the Marina Tower.

The casino robbed us blind, but that's life.

The pool, as said before, is amazing. The drinks were great, the pool and hot tubs beautiful. Spend time in there.

The fitness center is $10 extra. I skipped my workout.

The food everywhere was good. We had room service breakfast and had plenty of food and actually didn't feel ripped off.

The buffet would be a delight for anyone except me, as I am a strict vegetarian who eats no dairy, meat, etc. I still did get full, though. There were hundreds of items to choose from, and a great dessert selection. Maybe overpriced for $30, BUT if you went to another restaurant in the hotel you would spend much more for less, I believe.

The hotel is walking distance to the Borgata, or the jitney stops right out front of both for $2 each way. Their nightclubs are a little more happening.

Overall, excellent hotel. Well worth the price. The marina area is SO MUCH better than the ghetto boardwalk. Just make sure you have transportation.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank kipwingerjr
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We stayed at Harrah's on a Thursday night and had a pleasant experience. I normally stay on the boardwalk but the rooms are very warm (ac never seems to work well) so a friend suggested trying the marina area. Check-in was simple and took about 5 minutes. The room in the Harbour Tower was beautiful, clean and cool. The new pool area, waterfront buffet and shops were elegant and so nice. The pool has palm trees, several hot tubs and cabanas. Words can't really do it justice...you need to see it. Also, there was a band playing at night in the Eden Lounge. With the pool and live music, this was the first time Atlantic City actually reminded me of Vegas. It is more convenient to stay on the boardwalk but Harrah's does have a shuttle to transport you to their other casinos. I didn't use it but will on my next visit. I found Harrah's very relaxing and will return.
Tip: Buffet was extremely expensive (about $26pp) but nice.

9  Thank DearJenn
Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed at Harrah's for two nights midweek in August. We booked a room in the Marina Tower. The room itself was larger than most standard hotel rooms, but they seem to have cut into the bathroom size to make that happen. The bathroom was fine. Overall, the room had a very "warm feel" to it...classier decoration style than some of the other "flashy" rooms we've stayed in in AC. We've gambled/eaten at this hotel before but have always stayed at the boardwalk casinos. We were very pleased with our stay during this visit and will likely only stay here in the future. Everything is clean and new feeling. The pool area is wonderful! Our only complaint is that there are limited food options for "quick bites" as compared to some of the other casinos. They are building a little food court area which will certainly make this easier. For several meals, we took a quick drive over to Borgatta and then came back to Harrah's to gamble.

Since Harrah's is off the boardwalk, they tend to draw very different clientele. We find it to be the most down to earth, comfortable crowd in AC. For the younger crowd looking for nightlife, the Borgatta is the place to be. For those people (any ages), looking for a nice getaway, Harrah's is a perfect option!

13  Thank MarylandTerps
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Reserved two Marina Tower rooms for three nights (tues, wed, thurs)at a price of $419 each, including taxes and fees(thru Harrah's website) These are the rooms that are supposed to be nicely done with hardwood floors etc. When we checked in at about 8pm on Tuesday, there were three employees doing nothing at the "Diamond" counter, but no one at the regular counter. We waited while a few desk clerks walked by, one even said 'not working' while waving his hands. Finally, after not too long, one guy stopped and reluctantly helped us. It seems much of the hotel staff is Romanian, which led to a bit of a communication problem. I gave him a sheet of paper with the confirmation numbers and pricing, but he just said there weren't any rooms available in the Marina tower and he would put me in the higher priced Bayview Tower. I preferred the Marina since the elevator was closer to the casino and the center of things and my mother has difficulty walking, but there wasn't anything they could do.( I was told when i reserved that they would hold rooms for us even though we were arriving late, this is apparently not the case. I would suggest calling the day of arrival and asking specifically to hold rooms if you want certain rooms). Anyway, he then threw out a $ amount that was much higher than what i was quoted... i again showed him the confirmation page with the amount quoted. He then said another $ amount... as if we were negotiating! There was no apology. Finally he gave me an amount that was close enough and he said, "ok??"... as if he was doing me a favor. My husband then said that the valet parking guy told us we could put the $10 charge to the room, but this guy said we couldn't . My husband, being tired and annoyed by now, argued with him, but apparently this was a mistake of the Valet person, it must be a separate company.
The Bayview rooms (7th and 8th floors)were very nice, very clean, except the shower corners were getting a bit of black mold. Otherwise the housekeeping staff did a great job, brought us a few extra towels and shampoo when we asked. The view was of the dome of the pool, but that was fine. Comfortable beds. Only noise was that I could hear toilets flushing in the adjacent rooms, which woke me up on occasion. I called the reception desk that first night and spoke with a supervisor who said she would hold two Marina rooms for the next day for us, but when i was at the Concierge desk the next day and asked if i could go up and take a look at the Marina room first, before switching, she said she "had to switch us before giving us the key to the room". I explained that the supervisor i spoke to the night before said i could take a look first, but she refused. I could have gotten a supervisor, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it and decided it was too much trouble and didnt want to switch without seeing it first. The customer service is lacking, unless you are a 'diamond' status of course!! I wish I had the name of this woman at the concierge desk, because she gave me a hard time on another issue as well. On the second day it became clear that my mother was having a hard time getting around on foot and i went to rent a motorized 'scooter' for her. This same concierge woman told me there weren't any available. I asked if they had a regular wheel chair and she sent me to the Bell Captain's desk , where a very nice girl seemed to think that there should be a scooter available and called over to the Concierge desk and then went in the back and came out with one... she then sent me BACK to the Concierge woman who said "well, i didn't have a chance to look in the back". Which totally confused me... seems she TOLD me they didn't have one available because she didn't want to check??!! Just totally unprofessional. Thanks to the great girl at the bell captain's desk for helping me out!
The casino was very large, but seemed to have mostly slot machines. The layout was circular and it was hard to not get lost even by the third day. The staff at the blackjack tables couldn't have been nicer. Complete contrast to the hotel staff.
One big complaint was the constant MUSIC. Everywhere you went the music was loud. In the hotel, in the casino, even the elevators. At 9am there was disco blaring.
The indoor pool was nice, not as large as expected, but the chairs were very nice with comfortable pillows. They had cabanas that could be rented by the day and they took up alot of space, but overall it was very nice and relaxing. Again the staff was spotty. One girl walked me over to where i wanted to sit and put the towel on a chair for me and was very pleasant. I returned later with my husband, and he asked for a couple of towels and was curtly told by a different girl "I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU ONE". he said he only WANTED one for each of us. Just a snippy attitude. At least the music in there wasn't as loud and was more calming....or maybe it was my imagination?
We ate at the buffet ($27 per person) which was very good and we had breakfast at Reflections where we had to wait for about a half an hour, but the service was good. We had dinner at the deli one night which was fine too.
So, would i go back? Probably not.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple