“Harrahs is the place to stay in Atlantic City!”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My friend and I enjoyed out stay at Harrahs on a Friday night. I am a BzzAgent and received a great deal. The room with two Queen beds was comfy and spacious. The buffet was amazing with a great selection of food to choose from. The seafood like the snow crab legs and mussels and steak were great! The Red Door Spa suana, steam room and jacuzzi were so relaxing. The Pool After Dark and during the day was also fun! The casino is also huge! I recommend it as it is the place to stay in Atlantic City!

1  Thank MViera
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

Reviewed May 24, 2010

Harrah's Atlantic City is like no other. What an amazing feast for the eyes. The Casinos are as gorgeous as the lobby and the lobby is almost as fantastic as the Pool bar.I love that the concept of the hotel is "Go Green with Us". I thinking taking on preservation of the environment is not only trendy but quite obvious since there are several solar windmills in sight of the hotel. The lobby is up to date with self check in computers and many self serve kiosks for points cards. The buffet was amazing and offers something for everyone from all ethnicites. I was taken back by the beautiful sights of the Pool bar. Drinks(canned beer) at $7 each seem very steep in price but I guess having such expensive beer keeps it more exclusive. We were excited to come back the Pool bad after dark, which turns into a superclub and with the passes we had; we were more than excited. Not once during check-in or at the bar during the day; did anyone tell us that the line for the nightclub would literally take 3+hours to check everyone in amongst a line that drugf down to the lobby area. There were more than a few instances where the management at the front door used their "personal discretion" to let some guests in ahead of the line. I stood at the entrance for nearly an hour watching how the process works--it was not always a fair process. I was not happy that we were there to experience the amentites of the wonderful Hotel and were told that the line would "start to die down" at 1:30am---3+hrs after opening. We were not willing to stand in the line and for the package we were trying to experience; we should have been given some warning to get in line an hour befor the club opens OR a VIP pass to access it at any time.Clearly knowing there is a line on any given night, requires some notice to guests when they receive a "complimentary pass" to the night club.This is where it all started to go downhill.......After we were clearly told to stand in line for 3 hours, we decided to head to our room on the 40th floor. The rooms are very modern and beautifully decorated....However, even 40 floors up--you could hear the constant bass of the music at the Pool nightclub, at times even naming a specific tume....this went on until 4am.......I think it is ridiculous to build such a beautiful hotel that isn't even sound proof. We could hear toilets flushing all night long and the few times there were people in the hallway, we could hear every word of their conversation. The one word that comes to mind when describing Harrah's Waterfront tower, is LOUD!!! I would be curious to know if all the rooms are as loud as ours was or that it probalby only gets louder the closer one stays to the nightclub on lower floors.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The staff was rude and unprofessional. We got kicked out for a noise complaint when we didn't even have the radio or television on. No explanation was given to us, we were denied when we asked to speak to a manager. The staff wouldn't even leave our room to let us change before leaving. We weren't reimbursed anything for our $400/night room we could no longer stay in. It is clear the employees do not value their customers.

Reviewed May 23, 2010

I had stayed at Harrahs Atlantic City before and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the rooms and parts of the casino. We had received a comped room in, what I realize now, the newer Waterfront Towers. Based on that, I convinced all my friends to stay and gamble at Harrahs for this most recent trip. Unfortunately, it wasn't really the best decision. This time around, I didn't have enough comps to get a free room but we did get a discounted rate. However, when we asked at check in for the newer rooms, they told us "no problem" and then put us in the Marina Towers which was not the newer side of the hotel. The room was relatively clean but it definitely had that musty smell of an older hotel room. The walls were also paper thin that I could hear every little thing the people next door were doing including every time they flushed the toilet. Considering that I was paying for this room, I felt a bit cheated knowing what was on the other side of the complex. I wish the people at the check in could have at least let us know that they wouldn't give us the nicer rooms or tell us that we had to pay more rather than lying to us outright.
Also, the casino employees really seem to hate their jobs. I realize it's not the easiest job in the world but some of them were so freakin rude. One roulette dealer snapped at all of the people at the table and complete ignored the money that I put down on the table to try to get in on the game. I got so fed up with her rudeness that I walked away to the next roulette table where that dealer routinely yelled at people who didn't know how to play. It was so annoying that I didn't gamble as long as I planned to. A couple of the bathrooms off the casino floor were disgusting and smelled bad like they were not regularly cleaned. To top it all off, the next morning we all decided to eat at the Reflection restaurant for breakfast and waited in line for like 40 minutes even though there were plenty of empty tables. Then when they finally did seem like they would seat us, they herded my group to another part of the line where we had to stand there for another 15 minutes. One of my friends had to fetch the manager to remind them that we were still waiting to be seated.
I don't particularly have high expectatons from an AC hotel like luxury accommodations but I think cleanliness and good service should be the bare minimum for any casino if they want people to keep coming back and spending there money.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I took my buddy to Harrah's from May 5th - May 7th as I always stay there, and he is a Trump Casino kind of guy. I took him using my comp nights and wanted him to be impressed as he always talks up how well he is treated at Trump.

When we got there I paid to upgrade to the New Waterfront Tower as I wanted to show him all Harrah's had to offer. To be honest, there were many small things wrong with the room that he pointed out quickly trying to convince me he was right all along. When I went down to the front desk to explain the situation Johanna the manager adjusted the upgrade charge. While I would have paid, and my intensions were simply to be helpful in letting them know what was wrong with the room, I was amazed by her quick recovery and her sincere apology.

Basically, it gave me more money to gamble with... hahahahahaha.

We had a blast... my buddy lost... and I won a little... but that's how it goes in Atlantic City.
I don't know if Harrah's has my buddy's loyalty... but they definitely have mine.

Oh one more thing... as I was checking out I encountered Arleen "The Bubbly One" as her name tag states. She certainly was just that... she was very helpful, and I hope to see her the next time I return

David R. from NYC

Reviewed May 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I frequently travel to AC and stay at the Tropicana. We were so impressed with Harrahs, that we decided to play there more often and earn more comps. We eventually phased out the Trop and decided that Harrah's was our new hotel.

Unfortunately, I had an experience that disappointed me so much. The last time we stayed at Harrah's, we picked up our car from valet and there was visible damage to my fender. Since we had walked around the back of the car, we didn't notice the damage on the front until we got home. I IMMEDIATELY called valet and spoke with Rob Perez, who said he would file a report for me and I should follow up with Risk Management the next week. It took multiple voicemails for anyone to get back to me. By the time they did, they said that I never filed a report. So, I filed another one. Needless to say, my claim was denied due to the fact that my report was not filed until 8 days after the incident! (Which is completely false! I called the second I got home!)

All of the service that was provided to me throughout this incident was horrible. Now, I have to pay out of pocket to fix the damage on my car because the valet supervisor forgot to submit my report.

I will never stay at any of Harrah's properties again, which is upsetting because they are so beautiful.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle8288
Reviewed May 21, 2010

This was a great experience. I'm a Bzz Agent, so I got the chance to experience the best of Harrah's. My husband and I had never been to Atlantic City, but I thought this was a good start. We are not gamblers, so that has never been a draw for us. However, I heard about the other great benefits that Harrah's has to offer. From the start with the valet service to the welcoming attendants that offered to carry our luggage - everyone seemed to have the customer in mind. The check-in was easy and without hesitation. We were given a welcome package from the VP of New Business Development - nice touch, which highlighted some of the amenities. We stayed at one of the nicest hotel/resort rooms that I’m sure New Jersey has to offer. Flat screen TV, modern furniture, and the softest bed ever! We had a wonderful view of the city…we were on the 36th floor of the Waterfront Tower. This resort offers something for everyone. There are shops, an array of restaurants, the Red Door Spa, a beautiful indoor pool with cabanas and even a casino that sports all the favorites for those that like to dabble in a bit of gambling. This is a great spot for couples and families. On the 4th floor of the Harbor Tower we found a family fun section with a pool, arcade, rooftop basketball court and a sunbathing area. This brief, but lovely getaway makes me crave another visit with my girlfriends for a day at the spa.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple