“Wonderful stay at Harrah's new Waterfront Towers!”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Wonderful stay at Harrah's new Waterfront Towers!”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Got a fantastic deal from BzzAgent that I just could not pass up. I am so glad I did it! Check in was a breeze. I received the welcome envelope and my girlfriend and I got our room right away. We were on the 39th fl of the new Waterfront Tower. The room was huge! There were 2 bottles of water along with chocolates to welcome us. Great view and a huge plasma tv on the wall. The bathroom had a walk in shower with a separate room for the toilet which we found very noisy when we flushed ;-) Beds were soft & comfy. There was mini fridge & a coffee maker. After we freshened up, we went to the Total Rewards Center to get a pin number for me and my girlfriend signed up for her card and they gave us a coupon book. The casino was huge! So many different slot machines from penny ones to $5 ones. All different types of table games but we stuck with the slot machines. Our favorite was the video roulette! The Pool was gorgeous and beautiful enclosed with a huge dome and regulated temps. We lounged here for an hour and even dipped into the pool after the guest played their volleyball game. The pool was converted into a nightclub in the evening and it looked beautiful but we did not venture in. The Waterfront buffet was huge! They offered everything - crab legs, steaks, mongolian stir frys, Mexican, Italian, sushi (skip this) Brazillian meats and of course dessert! We rolled out of there 2 hours later and headed back to relax and at 11pm, we went back down to gamble some more. We took advantage of the coupon book and used one for breakfast at Reflections and it was yummy. Check out was even quicker and before we knew it we were on the road. I wished I added an extra night since we didn't want to leave! We definitely will be back! Highly recommended even if it's not on the Broadwalk. It's more of a Vegas feel and we've been to Vegas and this hotel would satisfy any Vegas player!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
HarrahsResortAC, Public Relations Manager at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Dear Chinapooh,

Thank you for staying with us at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City! I’m pleased your stay with us was wonderful!! I’m also glad you enjoyed your guestroom in the waterfront Tower, our breath taking Pool during the day, and After Dark. The pool is the hottest spot in Atlantic City, and we are pleased you and your boyfriend had the chance to experience it. Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s in the near future.

Have a Lucky Day!!

Tiffany Moncalieri
harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,012)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sicklerville, NJ
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in the waterfront tower for 2 nights from an internet promotion and it only cost $65 for the two nights!! The room was beautiful, it had a huge shower, marble bathrooms. Two very comfortable beds and an incredibly view of the bay!
I would surely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Corinnakay,

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our “Beautiful rooms in the Waterfront Tower,” and we have taken the liberty of sharing your letter with our General Manager. Your kind words will encourage all of us to continue to strive to ensure that we are meeting our guest’s needs.

Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s Resort in the near future.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Kind Regards,

Tiffany Moncalieri
harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com
Boston,Ma
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I am upset.. you send all theses great deals...and when I called for a room on Easter weekend...you could not even accommodate me .....No comp or even reduced rate....I had to go to the Hilton and actually had a great time
Joe Caterina

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's Atlantic City overnight as part of a BzzAgent Campaign and we enjoyed it immensely. The staff was super friendly, the room was beautiful and spacious and the BED!!! Oh my god so comfortable.

If you stay here definitely check out the buffet for dinner. There are so many options to choose from the and food is genuinely really good. None of it tasted like it had sat all day, the stir fry is made to order and the crab legs...well I'm a glutton for crab so that was an issue. But seriously it's worth the $30 per person.

As other reviewers have noted, sound is an issue here. The walls and floors are VERY thin so you will hear a lot of what is going on around you. I didn't mind it so much but if you are a very light sleeper it is something to keep in mind.

All around a great and comfortable stay and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Orange County,NY
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We had a wonderful time . My husband doesn't like to gamble so we don't get to come out often but with the Family Fun Center I see myself at the slots more often this summer...woohoo! We were able to bring our 4 yr old so we didn't have to find someone to leave him with back home. They went to the pool I went to the casino . In the morning we went to the boardwalk . collected some seashells on the beach went shopping @ outlet no one to rush home to NY because we were all together. Family fun center was a great idea! They even gave us a room on the same floor as the pool!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I had a lot of fun at the hotel but the buffet wasn't as good as Mohegan Sun. The woman doing the seating at the buffet was awful. Everything else was fine. They closed too many tables I feel at night. So it was tough getting a table at times for blackjack but all in all a decent stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
North Jersey
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The hotel was a little tricky to get to; the signs that said Harrah's didn't help much. When we got there, check-in was easy but we were not given any direction or guidance. For example, when we went to sign up for the buffet dinner they asked for a purple slip we got at check-in. It would've been nice to have been told at check-in that this was an important piece of paper to have during our stay.

We asked for a 7:00 reservation but the girl said, "Ok, 7:30." Huh??

We were told to arrive 15 minutes early and we actually arrived like 20-25 minutes early. Only at about 7:25 did a staffer come by to say, "Be sure you have your reservation receipt. You need it to get in and seated." We were never given one. My husband had to go back to reservation counter and we lost our spot in line since they starting seating the 7:30 guests. The reservation girl said that the person that took care of us left for the day so she couldn't really help us unless we wanted to book another reservation for the next available time - 9:00pm! This floored me since I didn't get why I had to pay $65 the first time around!! She sensed my irritation and called over the manager who reprinted the receipt for us. Luckily we soon got into the buffet which was delicious, but oh the drama! We honestly never received such a receipt, nor were we told it was important to hold onto it to get into the buffet. Not only that, but I can't imagine folks don't just misplace them often enough that the cashier didn't know how to effectively handle the situation.

We did a few slots but we're not the gambling kind.

The room was beautiful with breath-taking views but the bathroom smelled terribly musty and the walls must've been thin because the sound of noisy guests in the hall woke me and I could hear when people in other rooms flushed.

Glad we went, dinner was yummy, but would probably not return to this hotel, not unless we had this great deal again. (We received an offer from bzzagent.com to stay for one night with free dinner at the buffet for only $55 total.)

Oh, and we also got manicures at the spa. I have to say I wasn't super impressed. I've gone to small little nail shops where I live that did a better job than this fancy spa with its fancy prices.

Almost forgot to add, Internet in the room was $10.95 for 24 hours! Needless to say we didn't bother. We've stayed at smaller hotels and it was free. Lame!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple