“Great pool”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed this hotel on the valentine's day 2010, and this was the second time to stay here.
We love this hotel a lot! We dont do gambling so much so that was to spend time at the pool. the pool is wonderful, I never seen like that great one. At nigh the pool turned into a night club. the cover charge was kind of expensive, and we had to pay same price even we had roon for that hotel at the night. But that was still nice. the restaurants are always packed. we went to the buffet had long long long line but foods were good.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2010

We are first timers here and we checked in on a Sunday afternoon for a two night stay. Parked in the self parking garage and realized this may not be our type of place as you have to wheel your luggage through the enire casino to reach the front desk and the same to get back to your car. This is a cheap way to force you to see the casino.The check in line was long but moved surprisingly fast and we were put in the Waterfront tower by Cameron who was great. The room was nice and roomy and had a nice Ocean view. We spent two days at The Pool which was nice and we rented a cabana which was pretty cool. Waitresses in the pool were nice, friendly and worked their butts off. Sadly, this is where this review goes downhill. Overall, the hotel is dirty. Glasses, empty beer bottles and makeshift ashtrays sat in the hallways our entire stay. The hallway carpets were stained and dirty. The entire hotel smelled like stale cigarette smoke and for some reason lots of chewing gum stuck to the carpets and around the pool area. I'm not sure if you get charged for everything in all casinos, but here, they got you for $15 to use the fitness center, $10 for the parking garage and room service for a pizza and two sampler platters totaled $98. (per person fee, gratutity, taxes etc.). Getting on a table at night in the casino was close to impossible and I didn't see a table cheaper than $15. There were several hundred slot machines as well as video poker. All prices. We did eat at the steakhouse which was pricey, but worth it, although we were "treated" to two obviously obliterated guys sleeping at the dinner table. No effort was made to remove these guys for the consideration of others, the waitress instead defended one of the guys because he was gambling all day. Overall, although there was some ok things here, the bad far outweighed the good and be prepared to encounter the same things we did. I do not reccommend staying here. Good luck.

1  Thank Frank67
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have stayed at Harrah's several times and was recently presented with the opportunity to do so again. I participate in a program call Bzz, in which "agents" are asked to review products and services and spread buzz on these items and places. As part of this program, I was selected for a package at Harrah's Atlantic City that included a room in the Waterfront Tower, buffet for 2, spa passes for 2, and valet parking for $55. This is a great deal and I was excited about heading to Atlantic City again.

We arrived at the hotel around 6:00 p.m. Harrah's has recently added self-service check-in kiosks and I opted to try them. While the kiosk quickly found my reservation. it offered us rooms that were not in the tower that was included in the package and frankly lesser quality. I asked the check-in agent that was helping with the kiosks to take a look and she was able to override the system to get us into the right tower.

We arrived in the room and it was standard Atlantic City fare...a little worn (even though it is fairly new) but overall adequate and with a nice glass shower and view. After spending some time playing some BlackJack, we decided it was time for dinner. The Waterfront Buffet is nice overall. Some of the food could have been a bit fresher, but it offers a good selection and some nice desserts and gelato.

After dinner, we enjoyed one of our favorite activities...people watching. The food court at the hotel faces the pool complex, which becomes The Pool nightclub after dark. The crowd that this place attracts is a mix of Jersey Shore wannabes, girls dressed as prostitutes (some might actually have been), drunken 20-somethings, and an element of classlessness. While I wouldn't dream of mingling with this crowd, it is enjoyable to have a coffee and watch the bouncers select who to let in. There are definitely some characters.

Around 2:00 a.m., we went back to the room and to bed. At 4:30 a.m., we were jarred awake by loud banging. I jumped out of bed to see what was going on and looked into the hall. A very large, muscular, twenty-something male was punching, kicking, and head-butting the door and the door across the hall. He did not speak and continued to pummel the door. If the dead-bolt had not been secured. he would have kicked the door in. I'm not sure what he was on, but he was definitely not drunk and under the influence of some heavy narcotics. His pupils were huge and he didn't make any noises even after slamming his head or fists into the doors.

I called security and about 15 minutes later they came and removed him. I never left the room because I feared an altercation and felt that this individual would not have been reasoned with and would have caused personal harm or even killed us.

Needless to say, I was unable to sleep the rest of the night. In the morning we went down to use the pool, which is a nice facility. Upon returning to the room, our keys did not work. We asked housekeeping to let us in and they were unable to open the door either. I went down to the front desk and spoke with a supervisor. I told her about the incident the night before and explained that the door was broken. Apparently, the door, now battered dented and scuffed, had had the electrical key lock broken while the guy pounded it. A locksmith was called and we had to wait over two hours to get back into the room. The supervisor bought us breakfast while we waited and was very apologetic. We finally got back into the room. The locksmith commented that he had never seen such a battered door and had to use a crowbar to open it. We got ready and left the hotel.

Overall, Harrah's is a nice hotel. It is a shame that they have attracted so many degenerates with the nightlife offerings and this has caused serious security issues. Even front desk staff commented that there were other incidents recently. If you're looking for a place to stay in Atlantic City, I would recommend the Borgata. If you need to stay at Harrah's, lock and dead-bolt the door because you never know what might happen. This experience was jotling and I will not be staying there again.

1  Thank EWRFlyerAL
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I had joined this website called BzzAgent, and got a promotional rate stay for Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City, which included complementary buffet, entry to the night club, spa and valet parking. I was very excited about snatching a great deal, till I saw all these negative reviews here. I even told my wife that if we have a bad experience, we will leave immediately and stay elsewhere. I did not want to spoil my trip. So, let me bust some myths. Keep in mind, we were getting a "comp'd stay", and so according to some reviews, we were expecting the worst.
1. The desk staff was very friendly, and the line was not that long.
2. The line for the valet parking was a little long, but they came and took my car in less than 10minutes (it was Saturday evening). Remember, valet parking costs $10 for normal guys (gold members, which you can become by just registering for it), and self-parking is $5 for gold members.
3. The room was fabulous!! The bathroom was a luxury! The view from the waterfront tower room is too good! In fear of theft (according to some reviews), I was very careful in taking my wallet, etc while leaving the room. BUT, there is a safe in the room, which you can set to your own code.
4. The buffet was great!! I did not have to wait till midnight as some said. I went there at around 8:30PM and was given a time for 9:45PM. I went to my room, watched some TV, and was back at 9:30, and they let me in. The sheer variety of the food is commendable, and the desserts are worth the calories!!!
5. The night club, Pool after dark, has a great ambience, but the party was boring. The music was so-so. Maybe we went in early (10:30PM). Anyway, we came out in half an hour.
6. Location is the biggest drawback. It is a good 10minutes' drive to the boardwalk and other casinos.
7. The casino itself is the same as all of them (be it Trump Taj mahal, Showboat, Caesar's), with millions of slot machines and tables.
Hope this gives you a gist of what to expect.
G. Kohli

Reviewed March 29, 2010

We just came back from the Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City and had a perfect time from the first minute we entered till we left. The Pool and our luxurious suite were the best parts!

We stayed at the Waterfront Tower,in a corner suite on the 33rd floor which had both the city and the ocean view which was to die for! Everything looked very clean and luxurious. And there was absolutely no noise at night. Since we only stayed 1 night, I can't really comment on the room cleaning service.

The Pool, which is an indoor pool by day and a nightclub by night is awesome. Though, we only got to experience the day in there since nightclub is closed on sunday nights. It totally felt like I was in an outdoor pool. Hanging out by the pool, enjoying a couple beers (which were unexpectedly pretty cheap by the way-$4) made me forget all about that morning's rainy weather. We also had spa passes to the Red Door Spa here, it was okay but since the men and women sections were separate, we didn't really spend much time in there.

The Waterfront Buffet offered lots of food choices, especially the steak I had was very very delicious. The staff of the resort and casino employees we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The casino was pretty packed for a sunday night, it made the place all the more livelier, but I have to say that the casino clientele here was not very young (Borgata seems to have a younger and more upscale group). After spending a little time on the Blackjack table, we found a little bar in the resort where there was live music. We totally loved the group.

So, it was a great experience for us, looking forward to going back!

Reviewed March 29, 2010

The staff at Harrah's was very pleasant and willing to help out whenever they could. There was a long line at check-in but it moved quickly. We arrived early for our reservation and although our room was not yet ready, we were able to check in and leave our bags with the bell captain so we could gamble and get some lunch. We then got our room keys and picked up our bags - no difficulties at all - everything went very smoothly. The room was beautiful - a corner room away from elevators - beautiful views and the room was well furnished (mini fridge, bench, desktop, chair, guest chairs, even fresh flowers!). The temperature in the room was very comfortable - the room was clean, the bedding was clean and neat and the bed itself was very comfortable. The shower stall was spacious and there was plenty of hot water. After reading some of the reviews on here I was expecting a horror show and I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful - the room was beautiful, the casino & the waterfront buffet were all excellent. We didn't use the pool facility but walked around it briefly and it was also very beautiful and is decorate to truly make you feel like you are away on a nice island. The staff are constantly cleaning the hotel and casino so although you may encounter a spilled cup of coffee on the floor, the staff is right on top of it. The casino was packed - plenty of room for you to gamble, but I was surprised how many people were there, I definitely recommend valet parking your car for $15 - it can be a far walk if you choose to self-park.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed for two nights March 23-25.
At check-in a Lady by the name of Laura checked us in,what a pleasure she was great customer service
We had a comped room but were upgraded to a room at the Waterfront towers,very nice room, the bed was great, flat screen TV, great bathroom overall it was just a nice stay.
So many places to eat, but we chose McCormick and Schmick Seafood,again
great Service and awesome food.
Oh, the Pool, you must go to the pool so much fun,both by day and by night.
One thing one should remember, you get treated the way you treat others,treat them nice and you in turn will be treated well.Bull---- in Bull---- out. We had a great time thank you Harrahs.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
HarrahsResortAC, Coordinator of Customer Service at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2010

Dear Meatprincess:

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our valued employees and we have taken the liberty of sharing your letter with our General Manager. Your kind words will encourage all of us to continue to strive to ensure that we are meeting our guest’s needs.

Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s Resort in the near future.

Have a Lucky Day!!