“Awesome stay at the Waterfront Tower!”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Awesome stay at the Waterfront Tower!”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We just came back from the Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City and had a perfect time from the first minute we entered till we left. The Pool and our luxurious suite were the best parts!

We stayed at the Waterfront Tower,in a corner suite on the 33rd floor which had both the city and the ocean view which was to die for! Everything looked very clean and luxurious. And there was absolutely no noise at night. Since we only stayed 1 night, I can't really comment on the room cleaning service.

The Pool, which is an indoor pool by day and a nightclub by night is awesome. Though, we only got to experience the day in there since nightclub is closed on sunday nights. It totally felt like I was in an outdoor pool. Hanging out by the pool, enjoying a couple beers (which were unexpectedly pretty cheap by the way-$4) made me forget all about that morning's rainy weather. We also had spa passes to the Red Door Spa here, it was okay but since the men and women sections were separate, we didn't really spend much time in there.

The Waterfront Buffet offered lots of food choices, especially the steak I had was very very delicious. The staff of the resort and casino employees we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The casino was pretty packed for a sunday night, it made the place all the more livelier, but I have to say that the casino clientele here was not very young (Borgata seems to have a younger and more upscale group). After spending a little time on the Blackjack table, we found a little bar in the resort where there was live music. We totally loved the group.

So, it was a great experience for us, looking forward to going back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,389)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The staff at Harrah's was very pleasant and willing to help out whenever they could. There was a long line at check-in but it moved quickly. We arrived early for our reservation and although our room was not yet ready, we were able to check in and leave our bags with the bell captain so we could gamble and get some lunch. We then got our room keys and picked up our bags - no difficulties at all - everything went very smoothly. The room was beautiful - a corner room away from elevators - beautiful views and the room was well furnished (mini fridge, bench, desktop, chair, guest chairs, even fresh flowers!). The temperature in the room was very comfortable - the room was clean, the bedding was clean and neat and the bed itself was very comfortable. The shower stall was spacious and there was plenty of hot water. After reading some of the reviews on here I was expecting a horror show and I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful - the room was beautiful, the casino & the waterfront buffet were all excellent. We didn't use the pool facility but walked around it briefly and it was also very beautiful and is decorate to truly make you feel like you are away on a nice island. The staff are constantly cleaning the hotel and casino so although you may encounter a spilled cup of coffee on the floor, the staff is right on top of it. The casino was packed - plenty of room for you to gamble, but I was surprised how many people were there, I definitely recommend valet parking your car for $15 - it can be a far walk if you choose to self-park.

new Jersey
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed for two nights March 23-25.
At check-in a Lady by the name of Laura checked us in,what a pleasure she was great customer service
We had a comped room but were upgraded to a room at the Waterfront towers,very nice room, the bed was great, flat screen TV, great bathroom overall it was just a nice stay.
So many places to eat, but we chose McCormick and Schmick Seafood,again
great Service and awesome food.
Oh, the Pool, you must go to the pool so much fun,both by day and by night.
One thing one should remember, you get treated the way you treat others,treat them nice and you in turn will be treated well.Bull---- in Bull---- out. We had a great time thank you Harrahs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
HarrahsResortAC, Coordinator of Customer Service at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 2, 2010
Dear Meatprincess:

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our valued employees and we have taken the liberty of sharing your letter with our General Manager. Your kind words will encourage all of us to continue to strive to ensure that we are meeting our guest’s needs.

Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s Resort in the near future.

Have a Lucky Day!!

Kind Regards,

Tiffany
Customer Service Coordinator
Atlantic City Operations
harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2010

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Watertower and our first experience at Harrah's Resort. We are frequent visitors to the AC casinos and over the years we have booked many over night stays at Bally's,Caesars,Showboat and all 3 Trump hotels . True to Harrah's reputation the hotel is beautiful and the service friendly and helpfull. I would place this as one of our most memorable and enjoyable stays except for the condition of our room. The room smelled of smoke and we were in a non smoking room. Basically the room was surface clean but the lower levels of the furniture were covered with dust including all the wood trim and door mouldings. When I moved a chair there was popcorn and a small piece of chicken on the floor. There were 2 items left in the refrigerator from the previous guests.When we checked in there was only a half roll of tolet paper and 2 towels but a housekeeping person apologized and promply corrected the shortages when we asked.The base boards in the hotel corridor look like they have never been dusted or cleaned in years and this place is only 2 years old. I have never experieced above mentioned negatives at the other Harrah hotels so I was somewhat surprised by these conditions.The room was large with a beautiful granite bathroom , an excellant view and a very comfortable king size bed so this was only a slight drawback. I do love the place and will come back.
PS. The pool is awesome.

Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Reviewed March 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed the nights of 3/21 and 3/22 for our 10th anniversary and had a great time. We were a little concerned about staying at Harrah's after reading some of the negative reviews but it seems you can find negative reviews for just about any place out there. This is our first review of any kind but had decided to give one since we do read a lot of reviews and take most into consideration.
We arrived around 3:35pm found no lines to valet park but the line for check-in seemed long. We got into line just about 3:40 and were nearly at the front of the line at 4:10. The line did move fast and they had hotel staff offering water and chocolates to guests waiting in line. Once at check-in I was told that our room was not yet ready but she quickly made a call and got us into a room that was ready. I headed to our room and I did have to navigate by 2 house cleaning carts which is not a big deal but they both just happened to be right across from 2 room service carts so I did need to move both but again it wasn't a problem. Since it is the Corner Suite it is at the end of the hall so it is a bit of a walk but not a big deal except that the room keys did not work. Once back at check-in the line now only had about 10 people in it but once I mentioned what happened to the Hotel Staffer that was directing people to appropriate lines he sent me right up front at which point I was given keys that did work.
Once in the room I was very relieved to see the negative reviews weren't all right. The room did not look much like the 2 photos they have representing the room but it did have the general concept. I'm assuming the blue furniture they have in the photos wasn't stain friendly and needed to be replaced with something that was. The furniture was modern and clean but the pillows on the couch and love seat looked to be from the old blue furniture. We did have a blue chair that looked like the photo but it had a strategically placed pillow over a stain, we didn't even notice until the 2nd day. There were 4 lights out on the "chandelier" but since it had like 20 it really wasn't noticeable. The carpet was frayed at some points where it met the tile and had a few cigarette burns in it. It was non-smoking room but the hotel can't prevent people from doing it. It had plenty of drawer space for clothes and had 2 small closets to hang clothes but only 6 total hangers. The last and only real issue we had was that someone had spilled a drink of some kind (that turned sticky) behind the bar and tracked it pretty much to the door entering the room. I don't ever remember seeing a house keeping cart with a mop on it but some situations require it and if nothing else a wet towel would have worked because 6 or 7 Clorox wipes did. I could have called house keeping but I figured I could take care of it faster (took less than 5 min. to clean up) and I already had the wipes out. I know that taking wipes seems anal but keep in mind some things that never get cleaned are the telephones, remotes, door handles and toilet handles. When we stay somewhere less than 3 nights we usually call house keeping and let them know that we don't want service during our stay since we can make our own bed and we use our own towels at home more than once before washing them. Other than that we definitely loved the room and everything it had to offer. Since we are not gamblers (lost $300-$400) we spend more time in the room than most. It did have 3 thermostats so the temp was never an issue. The 2 room service carts were still there at 1:15am but gone by 2:30am. The carpet in the hallway was dirty where it met the walls and doors.
We ate at the Buffet for dinner the 1st night and the Deli the 2nd. Both had good food even if the Buffet was a little pricey but what other buffet are you going to that has prime rib, Alaskan crab, sushi and tamales.
The pool is nice although smaller than what we expected from seeing the photos on their website. They are definitely short on chairs around the pool. You can rent a cabana for the day for $100 Mon-Thur and $300 on the weekend which seems reasonable and a great idea if you plan on spending a couple of hours at the pool.
Our overall experience was great and everyone we met from the hotel was very friendly which includes valet, check-in, bartenders, cocktail waitresses, waiters, ladies at the spa and people at the Total Rewards counter.
We would recommend this room and want to go back ourselves. There is a door connecting this room to the room next to it which we thought would be a good idea if you were going out with other people.

1 Thank Bob_Abouie
New Jersey
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I were traveling with another couple to A.C. for the weekend for Beerfest. We usually stay at the Trump Taj Mahal but we were able to get a cheaper rate at Harrah's - the other couple wanted to try it so we decided to go ahead.

All I have to say is, what a mistake. Upon arriving at the hotel, there was the distinct odor of marijuana that hit us as soon as we walked into the entrance. At first, we thought it was from the kids standing there but the odor never seemed to evaporate.

We had a Bayview Tower Room - yes, the furniture was worn and the carpet had one or two stains but I must say that the bathroom was the cleanest one I had ever seen and I travel, on average, once every two months. After I got done saying how clean the bathroom was, I was sitting in a chair and my husband told me to get up and get up now - scared the living daylights out of me. Underneath the chair was a syringe (yes, a needle) that was capped but still sitting there. A call to the front desk told us that it was a housekeeping problem and we were transferred - they didn't even want to hear the complaint. An explanation to housekeeping got us a "thank you" and they hung up. I must say that the housekeeping manager came to our room right away, removed it and searched the room (he did find a cap for another syringe). They did give us a $50 credit but, come on, that's just plain disgusting. In all of my travels, I have never seen this.

We found the clientele to be a bunch of roudy "kids" (barely 21) - could this be because of their "famous" nightclub? I had never experienced this at the Taj Mahal.

Well, no thanks - their type of "clientele" is sure not my type - I will not give them another dime and suggest that you don't, either. The only saving grace was that we seemed to be on a quiet floor. His cousin had the Marina Tower Room and the walls were paper thin - she could hear everything. I would recommend spending the extra money somewhere else - this was not worth it.

1 Thank njcruisernb
NJ
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I planned a bachelorette party for my sister and booked the waterfront corner suite for the weekend. Aside from finally getting towels delivered 2 hours after we called for it, and the bellman forgetting about our luggage and thinking it was delivered already, we still had to wait another 40 minutes for them to bring it up. The guy at the front desk told us we could get on a guest list to go to the club, so we could skip the normal line, but when we called the number he gave us to get on the list, they told us there was no such list. We left the next morning for the outlets, and saw the maid service cleaning the room next door. We logically figured they would do ours next, but when we returned later that night, the room still wasn't cleaned. When we called to complain, the maid had apparently written that we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign up, but we didn't even have a sign in the first place to put outside our door!

Their excuse was that they were busy that weekend, but I don't think that's a good enough reason. Our neighbors across the hall said they waited 4 hours for their towels! Unbelieveable. Plus, the pull out bed had brown spots and the bed itself was broken, and the window sills still had left over crumbs spewn about. They hadn't dusted in what looked like months. Save your money and go to the Borgata.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends