“A range of options”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Stayed in the Harbor Tower this time and although it is not as nice as the newer tower near the pool, it is also not as expensive. The room was great - clean, nice view of the bay, and comfortable the few non-gambling hours I slept in it. The shower drain was a slow drain, but it was not anything I would rate the place bad for.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Bring your own snacks, soda, and water if you want to save some bucks from the vending machine prices. The pool is great - both in the day to swim in and at night as one of the best clubs in the area. For cheap eats grab a slice of pizza or a sub at the Taste of the Shore near the pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

Reviewed October 10, 2009

an oasis on the bay side of town. beautiful lobby. excellent restaurants. from fish to italian to steak. wonderful food court. amazing buffet. delicious chocolate candy shop. fabulous elizabeth arden spa. want to spend a weekend away from the boardwalk? this is definitely the hotel to be at. from the moment you arrive you are caught up in the excitement. the rooms are spacious, neat clean and upscale. enjoy wonderful cocktails at any of the bars. from sports bars to lounges to dancing all night. must bring your bathing suit and go to the huge glass enclosed pool. turns into a club at nite! something for everyone

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Went there with boyfriend. The room was supposedly smoke free but it smelled like cigarettes. The smell was so strong that when I got home, everything in my suitcase smelled like an ashtray. The sheets were stained and the tub was dirty. They were really nice at the desk and when I called to have the room cleaned but, that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Did they think we weren't going to notice the stains on the sheets?? I have a few more comp rooms for Oct and Nov but, I still won't go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mitten1011
Reviewed October 8, 2009

For those who live in Syracuse, Albany, Newburgh and Monroe, NY, Harrahs Marketing runs bus trips monthly to their property in Atlantic City, NJ. Some travelers (non gamblers) pay $99 for 2 nights and the bus trip, while qualified players travel for free. I'm not a big gambler, but I qualify, so Sunday, Oct. 4, I set off on the bus. Though I live 30 miles South of Syracuse, the bus stopped at a motel to pick me up, and at 8:30 I was cushioned in a leather seat of a "limo-bus" on the way to my destination. One stop for breakfast, and a stop in Monroe to pick up passengers and we were there early (at 2:30). Check in is a breeze (a separate table where your keys are all ready for you (no lines, no waiting). I had a room on the 14th floor of the Harbor Tower. It's an older tower, but everything is clean and fresh and the beds are comfy-cozy. Most new towers have showers only, but it has a tub/shower and I like that. Harrah's has many eating establishments, but I enjoy the Waterfront Buffet once (using players coupons -- it's in the mid-20'sotherwise, but unlimited clams, shrimp and crab legs, plus carved to order meats and chopped to order salad make it worth it. My 2 days were spent like this: After arriving and resting a bit in my room (baggage handlers deliver your bags within an hour or two) I walked to the Borgata. In bad weather this wouldn't do -- but on a day with 70 degree weather, it's a nice walk. I had their buffet (about $30 on Sunday -- but really top of the line!) and played some slots. Then I took the Jitney ($2.25 a ride) down to the boardwalk where I walked on the boardwalk., watched the waves and visited a few casinos down there. I took the jitney back about 9:30 and took a nap. I like to play after others have gone to bed, so I went down to Harrah's (it has many non-smoking areas) to play until 2AM -- won enough to stay even...so I went sound asleep at 2. No noise, good room darkening shades..so I slept til 9:30. The POOL at Harrah's is hard to describe -- full size palm trees under a 90 foot glass dome -- it's summer all year round. They have cabanas to rent, and 5 hot tubs. The only thing is that people get up early and "hog" chaises...so if you want to lie down...get up early and get your towels and go down there and take a nap! A nearby candy shop (can't remember it's name) sells bagels for $3. At midday I did the Harrah's buffet (mentioned before). Lines can be long, but I go early and avoid them. That afternoon I took the jitney down to the boardwalk again, took off my shoes, and sat in the sun on the beach for a long time -- nothing more restful than the ocean. Weather was perfect. Went into Trump Taj Mahal for a probably NOT WELL KNOWN favorite -- a place in its upstairs food court called Burger. They have Kobe burgers, and other specialty burgers and they are cooked to order and are GREAT....sweet potato fries and other non beef burgers too (crab cake). I took a final jitney back home, rested awhile and played til 2AM again. On the last day of your trip, you have to have your bag ready at 11AM, so I had to set the alarm. Woke at 10, got my bag together, and spent the rest of the day (til bus leaving time) at the pool -- Bus
arrived right on time, our luggage already loaded...we were home in 6 hours, including our dinner stop in Monticello. I felt rested, relaxed and pampered...and the only thing I spent were my gambling $$, most of which I managed to recoup on the last day.
Check out Harrah's marketing for the bus trip (ask for "sonny" or "Maggie")...and if you
drive -- try a stay at Harrah's...if you arrive midweek and want pampering, try the water tower or bayside towers -- they are top of the line....
Have fun!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank beaniecoll
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed in the Waterfront Tower. It was a great room with an amazing view of city. Very Clean and nicely furnished. Fantastic swimming pool. The buffet is the best around.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Incredibly overpriced, horribly run hotel. This place desperately needs new ownership. The line to check in was tremendous, the staff is rude and it took 4 attempts to get the right key to my room. The rooms were okay, certainly not worth the price. Funky smell in a few of them (we had a group of us). No one I traveled with would consider staying here again - save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The casino which was inhabited by hundreds maybe even thousands was very clean. However, the room left a lot to be desired.
We arrived at the hotel on Friday, September 25. While check-in went smoothly... the trip turned out to be quite a gamble.
Upon arriving to the 16th floor of the Marina Towers we were greeted by filthy carpets and room service trays along the hallways. The seating area near the elevator was filthy and remained that way the entire weekend... the seat was greasy and covered with food... the same food all weekend.
The room was quite a disappointment. The first thing we noticed was the half made beds... no mattress covers, only a white flat sheet thrown over the mattress and it wasn't even tucked under. There was a thin white comforter thrown over the thread bare sheet. No appealing comforter. No blankets. Nothing fancy. We made numerous requests for blankets and extra pillows as there were only 2 flat pillows on each bed.
There was blankets of dust on the curtains, lamp shades and behind the beds. The floors in the rooms resembled hard wood, however they were deeply scratched and extremely dusty.
The walls were stained with God knows what. Let's change the subject!
As for the bathroom... it was fairly decent with an exception of the peeling wallpaper under the sink and the sinks were much to small for the water fixtures... water splashed out of the sink and soaked the counters and you if you weren't careful. There was also an issue of hair in the washcloths!?
All of the restaurants we visited (Reflections and the Waterfront Buffet) were delicious! Clean and well managed.
I would not recomment this hotel to anyone, nor would I consider returning.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends