“I guess it alldepends on how much you gamble.”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“I guess it alldepends on how much you gamble.”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Ive stayed at all the harrah's properties in Atlantic City and I dont think I had one complaint about the rooms. My partner and I are platinum members and get comped rooms whenever we want. The rooms are always clean and neat. The views are breathtaking at times, if you get the right side of the hotel. Other times the view, not that great. Ive read some reviews and seen pictures of other rooms people posted and wow, I would complain if I got that room too! I guess it all depends on how much you spend! We normally get upgrades when we go, so I really have nothing to complain about. The rooms are always 4-5 star quality. All in all, I would never "PAY" for a room in Atlantic City. If you are looking for a FREE getaway, call up on the casinos and explain to them you want to come to glamble, and I guarentee ONE of them will give you a free room. Then you have nothing to complain about because its free.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tennboy1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,693)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
north nj
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We were impressed with the room. I went there on a comp my dad had given to me. There was a long wait time at check in but the room was impressive. Not as nice as Borgata but very nice, very clean and comfy beds - I didnt want to get up in the morning!

The pool turns into a club on some nights so thats when we try to go - its the best club around! The hotel is secluded from the boardwalk and the rest of AC but we had a great time there.

Ive gone to Harrahs other times and enjoyed it but dont bother waisting your money in the casino - my friends and I never had much luck there. All the slots seem to be losers.

We ate at the restauraunt right by the pool. They had reasonable prices and the food was very good!

My biggest concerns with Harrahs- the parking, location and prices (for the times we had to pay for rooms.)

I feel like it takes forever to get inside from the parking garages and the rooms are little pricey.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
New York, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I've never written a review for a hotel b4 but had to for this beautiful hotel! I have always disliked AC and the cheesy boardwalk. I heard great things about Borgata but it cost more than I wanted to spend. Went to Harrah's with my mom 7/11-7/12 and VERY pleased. We stayed in the Waterfront Tower on the 35 floor and the pool was amazing. I loved it so much I went back with my husband a week later for one night 7/19. We hung out by the pool and ate at McCormick' & Schmick's Seafood. We NEVER left the hotel. My husband originally wanted to stay at Borgata but LOVED Harrah's. We got a room upgrade for FREE (just asked for it) and stayed in the Bayview Tower on the 21st floor (for the same price we paid for the older Marina Tower). I was never a big fan of AC but now love it for the Vegas-y feel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bejarrett
bermuda
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Harrah's was equivalent to any place my wife and I have stayed in Vegas. Checking in was somewhat of a slow process but when we saw our room the wait proved to be worthwhile. We will return for Christmas and ask for room 9095 at the Waterfront Tower, I believe. The best was large and comfortable, it made you want to leave the casino at night looking forward to a restful night. The restaurants there were great, especially Reflections Cafe which was great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No complaints at all. Nothing to say bad about Harrah's. We had originally tried to book at Bally's on the middle of the Boardwalk but from now on when we go to A.C. it will be Harrah's.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slots2
Cambridge, Minnesota
Reviewed July 20, 2009

It's hard to say where to start so I'll start with what I didn't care for and finish on a positive note. The first thing I noticed was that their food prices were outrageously high. I had a cornedbeef sandwich with a small bag of chips and a 8 oz water and paid 15.00. 8oz bottled water was 2.50 of it. Breakfast was 13.00 for an omlette and a TINY scoop of hashbrowns with toast. Now to gambling if you like 3 card poker like I do, you will pay a minimum of 30.00 to play the hand out, they do not let you play pairs only or your cards against the dealer only, you must play both. They advertise it as a 10.00 table but it is really 20.00. To play the hand out you must play 10.00 more to make it 30.00 total. I can play a hand for as little as 1.00 in Minnesota (which I do not reccomend, however, you can if you want) and was expecting a 5.00 minimum out there, not 30.00 to play out a hand. Even Vegas lets you play the pairs only for 5.00. My buddy likes to play roulette, 50.00 to 100.00 a spin mind you (he's got the bucks I don't). In the morning around 8 am there was only one table open in the whole casino and 3 players playing and 2 spots that were marked reserved when he inquired about a spot he was told "NO ROOM" one of the guys playing commented that they have been reserved for over an hour already with no one showing up. My friend was not happy to say the least. We went to a different casino on the boardwalk and he got right in. Our room was worn and aged but comfortable. The bed was a pillow top and slept well. We had an awesome meal at a seafood restaraunt McCormick and Schmitts (SP?). I had a seafood linguini 29.00 and a captain/coke 9.00, Food price ok but the drink price was horrible. Harrahs is not located on the boardwalk but there is a free shuttle when you show your ID and players card. Be prepared to wait 20 minutes each way and sometimes the bus is full and you must wait longer. A cab ride is 13.00 maximum anywhere in AC. The hot tub was on the cooler side for what I am used to but serviceable the pool area was very nice and should have spent more time there. I did get lucky and hit a royal flush on a .50 cent machine, came home ahead. All in all Vegas to me is the place to go. I will go back 1 more time so my wife can get NJ off her list of states (it will be a while though) but would stay on the boardwalk and be more prepared for a gouging that they will do to me LOL. At least on the boardwalk you can find better food prices from the wayside shops.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank jailere
New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Harrahs' was neither terrible or anything special. Our room was in the Marina Tower. But there were a few things I learned after visiting AC for the first time.

Most importantly, do you want to be in an isolated part of town? Two hotels (Harrah's and Trump Marina) are in a completely different part of town from the "Boardwalk" area. The other 8 major hotel-casinos are right on the Boardwalk. If you want your hotel to be "in the area" so you can walk to other nearby casinos or walk along the Boardwalk then you don't want to book in either of the "Marina" hotels. The entire Boardwalk is about 20 blocks long, so if you wanted to you could spend an hour or two walking the whole thing. Can you travel to the Boardwalk area from Harrah's or Trump Marina? Sure, there's even a shuttle, but it will take you about 40 minutes from door to door. That includes the 15 minute drive time plus parking or shuttle wait & hassle, etc. To me, if you want to be where all the casinos are then just book at one of the Boardwalk hotels.

You should know that the Boardwalk itself isn't "high end." To me it was pretty cool and the food was great, but most of the businesses and attractions (other than the hotel-casinos) are pretty tacky. And, like some of the other shore areas in New Jersey, they have more than their share of diversity, schizophrenics and the homeless. There are a couple reasonably nice outdoor eating areas at the couple of nicer restaurants, but mostly it's junky shops, tattoo parlors, fast food and pretty dirty carnival areas. This may be a reason that some people prefer Harrah's.

I should also mention that there's a HUGE difference in room prices between weekdays and weekends. There are a lot fewer people during the week as well. If you are going to Harrah's for the scene at the Pool After Dark then maybe you want to go Friday or Saturday night. If not, it's much less crowded on Tues & Weds than the completely booked weekend. (We waited until 5 PM then couldn't get a dinner reservation at any of the Harrah's restaurants until after 9:30!) The Harrah's price, despite being 3 times more on the weekend, is still less than most of the Boardwalk hotels just because Harrah's isn't on the Boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NewJerseyBen
new york
Reviewed July 17, 2009

i have stayed in mostly all the hotels in A.C. and each one has its good and bad. Harrahs has a beautiful pool, water front rooms are always fine for me, Hotel staff can use some courtesty schooling, I have never really had a problem , just get p off cause im a diamond and i could never get a suite, not only in this hotel but all the rest. what is the use of being a diamond. Harrah Buffet is pricey but worth every cent. If you love crab legs you have to go there. The best. I just came back from Balley and forget about it, they need to send a cleaning crew there, i had to request another room because it smelled like mildew. I asked to stay in the towers and i wont ask again, going to stay in the Garden because even though there is no view it is much better kept. Like i said each one has a problem,,May start staying at the Taj, nice pool nice room. oh Balleys pool is 10.00 dollars per room up to 4 people. you pay extra for the 5th person, nice pool also but sometimes crowed. So if your comp dont expect 7 star treatment. Good Luck.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo