“Good location for nightlife” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newton, New Jersey
“Good location for nightlife”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a great location to stay if you are looking to go out and stay at the same place. I suggest doing valet because it is only $5.00 more then parking in the garage and it is so much easier. The pool was a lot of fun at night, but drinks were crazy expensive! (but that is anywhere in AC) The rooms were large, pretty typical hotel style nothing mind blowing. There were multiple food options at all times of the day too which was nice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,865)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I went to "get away" and was hoping for a relaxing and somewhat luxurious weekend. First the pros: good selection of food and gambling choices...that's about it. The cons: over crowded and over douchy in every sense of the word. We kept reading about the great indoor pool facility. The indoor pool was on overstuffed episode of jersey shore. I felt bad for some of the guests not in their 20's who came down to relax and read a book. We returned the following morning to a more pleasant and relaxing experience. The casino floor was ok. You could barely tell the difference between the smoking and non-smoking sections due to the poor ventilation. Our first hotel room had chipped paint, a wobbly toilet, and a very dusty daybed. We were kindly moved to a different floor, but the rooms still felt old. The fitness center was a joke.

All in all, we should have spend the extra dollars and stayed at the Borgata.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank uplandway
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This used to be the No. 2 spot in AC by many measurements. Not true anymore. We were greeted by an hour-long line for check-in and were told this is the norm on Sunday nights. The VIP check in folks did not pitch in to help even though they had little to do. Thank goodness we were were with a couple with the nice casino card and we could stash our luggage in their room. We also general signs that there is not enough staff to pick up trash or perform other functions. The room also showed signs of wear, but then again we got a cheap rate so there was little to complain about. After stopping by the Showboat, it is clear the Caesar's people are letting things run down a bit as gaming revenue slides. That's not a way to get customers to come back. On the plus side, the staff was helpful and friendly. So its three green buttons, but barely.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beartravel44
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at Harrah's in early February 2014 for two nights, and it was not my first time there. When my boyfriend and I visit Atlantic City, we usually stay at Harrah's b/c we are Total Rewards members, and Harrah's tends to give us the best rates. Even if we didn't receive discounted rates, we probably wouldn't stay here - but only b/c of the location.

Harrah's is pretty much average in every way - and I do mean average, not poor. The rooms are fine: we have never had an issue with cleanliness or noise, and the beds are comfortable. There are plenty of dining options right on Harrah's property - we usually eat at Sammy D's or McCormick's. I wouldn't say any of the options are terribly affordable; but, I also think all of the eateries in Atlantic City are overpriced. The hotel staff has always been friendly. The only thing I really don't like is their late arrival policy: we travel to Atlantic City from the Boston area, and with traffic, we are often running late for our 11 PM check-in. When I call to inform the hotel of this, I am always told that while my room is guaranteed, my room type isn't - so we usually end up in a Bayview room, instead of a Waterfront room. It's not the end of the world, but being a return customer, I feel like my room type should be held - also, the Waterfront rooms are nicer than the Bayview rooms, in my opinion.

As for the location - it's very close to Borgota and Revel, but about 1-2 miles away from the Boardwalk. There is much more to do (outside of gambling) on the Boardwalk - which is why I would stay somewhere else, if not for the discount rates. There's nothing awful about Harrah's, and, in fact, even if I were paying full price, I would say its a good value hotel. It's just not that next level of really great hotel I would encourage close friends or family to stay at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JEmilyS
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was comped a free room at Harrah"s. The room was in a older tower. I forgot the name of the tower. But it was off the casino. The room. Was little run down. But every thing worked and it was cleaned it was not as nice as Bay-view tower last time. The casino was fun and lively. Plenty of Machines . I like to play. Even hit some money on Lord of the rings machine. We ate at the Irish pub. The food was good. It was mostly sandwiches and bar food On menu Never made it to buffet the line was to long.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank davo571
Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here a couple of weekends ago with a bunch of friends for a getaway weekend. Our room was huge, which was helpful since there were 7 of us! The beds were comfortable, the shower was great. The property itself is pretty huge and has a really nice casino (a lot of the other AC casinos are pretty dated, ahem Trump) and a bit of shopping. The food is so-so, and the drinks are pretty expensive compared to other spots in AC. The location isn't terrible, but it really isn't walkable to the boardwalk and you'll need to take a cab. Generally speaking though, I'd probably stay here again

Green Features: Has the standard towel and linen reuse. I didn't see much else, though.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and spent the last two nights at Harrahs AC. Had not been there in about a year and were happy to get away. Arrived on Sunday around 4:45 and it took 55 minutes to check in. The line was long but moved quicker than I thought it would. They had a full staff working the desk and they seemed like they were doing their best.
We stayed in the Waterfront Tower on the 33rd floor. The room was clean when we checked in and the staff kept it that way. We actually had a very nice view of the ocean and all the hotels. Sunset was great.
We both like to gamble and that makes up a lot of of our free time. The casino was not crowded and they had plenty of tables open. They have a ton of three card poker tables open at all times. The limits were mostly five. My wife played three card and let it ride most of the time and did not have a lot of luck. I played craps and mostly broke even (up the first night, down the second night). The craps dealers were excellent. Kept the game moving and always had an eye on your bets. I had a blast.
We were comped at the buffet twice so we ate breakfast there both days. It's fine but I'm glad it was comped. We ate dinner the first night at Sammy-Ds. Someone will need to explain to me why they got rid of Reflections? It was sooo much better than Sammy's. The second night we ate at McCormicks and the food was good. They always seem to be solid and not over priced.
It was a great trip. Good luck to everyone!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple