“Winning at Harrah"s”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Winning at Harrah"s”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was comped a free room at Harrah"s. The room was in a older tower. I forgot the name of the tower. But it was off the casino. The room. Was little run down. But every thing worked and it was cleaned it was not as nice as Bay-view tower last time. The casino was fun and lively. Plenty of Machines . I like to play. Even hit some money on Lord of the rings machine. We ate at the Irish pub. The food was good. It was mostly sandwiches and bar food On menu Never made it to buffet the line was to long.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank davo571

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,338)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here a couple of weekends ago with a bunch of friends for a getaway weekend. Our room was huge, which was helpful since there were 7 of us! The beds were comfortable, the shower was great. The property itself is pretty huge and has a really nice casino (a lot of the other AC casinos are pretty dated, ahem Trump) and a bit of shopping. The food is so-so, and the drinks are pretty expensive compared to other spots in AC. The location isn't terrible, but it really isn't walkable to the boardwalk and you'll need to take a cab. Generally speaking though, I'd probably stay here again

Green Features: Has the standard towel and linen reuse. I didn't see much else, though.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and spent the last two nights at Harrahs AC. Had not been there in about a year and were happy to get away. Arrived on Sunday around 4:45 and it took 55 minutes to check in. The line was long but moved quicker than I thought it would. They had a full staff working the desk and they seemed like they were doing their best.
We stayed in the Waterfront Tower on the 33rd floor. The room was clean when we checked in and the staff kept it that way. We actually had a very nice view of the ocean and all the hotels. Sunset was great.
We both like to gamble and that makes up a lot of of our free time. The casino was not crowded and they had plenty of tables open. They have a ton of three card poker tables open at all times. The limits were mostly five. My wife played three card and let it ride most of the time and did not have a lot of luck. I played craps and mostly broke even (up the first night, down the second night). The craps dealers were excellent. Kept the game moving and always had an eye on your bets. I had a blast.
We were comped at the buffet twice so we ate breakfast there both days. It's fine but I'm glad it was comped. We ate dinner the first night at Sammy-Ds. Someone will need to explain to me why they got rid of Reflections? It was sooo much better than Sammy's. The second night we ate at McCormicks and the food was good. They always seem to be solid and not over priced.
It was a great trip. Good luck to everyone!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sml1156
Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Was hoping for a little more. Lots if choices. Will go somewhere else next visit. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to be bothered helping you. Restaurants were average but expensive and the bars were ok. We spent a lot of money and felt a bit underwhelmed all the way around.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pepperpotflorida
port monmouth,new jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Enjoyed staying at Harrah's resort Atlantic City, Rooms are clean and the new policy for noise has kept the rooms quiet at night Kudos to the management. Have stayed at all the rooms over the years and they all have been fine. Enjoyed the Atrium rooms this time. Very spacious with living room area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here with a few friends over the summer on a random Saturday night. We checked into the hotel, unpacked, took showers and went out. We didn’t return until we went to bed later on that night. As I slipped under the covers I felt something soft on my feet. When I pulled the covers off I discovered TWO OLD AND DIRTY TUBE SOCKS! Although it was 3 a.m., I proceeded to call the front desk to explain to them what just happened. They sent a nasty manager with an attitude up to our room who said that he was willing to move us to another room (junior suite with one king bed and a pull out couch opposed to two queens we currently had) at which time we declined. We declined this pathetic offer because who wants to pack up all their belongings at 3 a.m. and move? He then said he would send someone up to change the sheets, the job they should have done in the first place. 30 minutes later our sheets were changed and we were finally able to get some sleep.

I then wrote a few emails to their customer service representative telling them what happened. He proceeded to tell me that there is nothing he could do for me and that I was basically out of luck. I would expect this from other hotels that charge $50 a night, not $400.

I was treated like they did me a favor by letting me give them $400 to stay in this petri dish for one night. I would never go back and I highly recommend that you never do either. There are plenty of other hotels in Atlantic City that take pride in being clean and have better customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vincent R
New York
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We arrived at Harrahs' on Feburary 20th at 1:50 in the afternoon and the line for check in was ridiculous, (we thought). It was like a coral of cows being herded in so me and my husband decided to get off the line and come back after we had lunch at around 4:00. Well we should have stayed on the line because it was practically out the door and into the casino...We understand that it's president's week people but get more help...and we paid for our room we decided to go to atlantic city to have a fun relaxing time. We finally checked in at about 5:45 and by the time we got to our room my husband was so annoyed that he just wanted to go home...It was by far the most annoying stay at Harrah's. Our Dinner at The Steakhouse was a disaster, low grade badly cooked food and will never go there ever, ever ever!!! On the plus we stayed at the Waterfront Tower building floor 11 and we were pleased with the room it was clean and pleasant We did order room service the next morning(which was included with our stay) and that was better than our dining experience the night before, it was better than expected and not long at all to receive our breakfast. Oh, just a note, by the time we checked in the pool was closed due to the wait on the check in line...there was no express check-in which I was told by others they sometime have. Harrahs you should anticipate the capacity of customers coming during a holiday week and accommodate your customers. It is so frustrating that after you drive several hours to get to Atlantic City you spend a whole afternoon just trying to check in you are exhausted by the time you get into your room. I have never experienced such a long check in time anywhere, anyplace even in Las Vegas...Oh we did visit the pool the next morning before we left that day and it was a very nice experience, I would recommend it if you have the time...

Room Tip: We stayed in the waterfront tower and liked the room very much, was not dated as others say their ro...